CJ defeats Earl and a Special Thanks to this Forum

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last night I watched the Accu-Stats DVD of Earl Strickland vs. CJ Wiley from the 2006 US Open.

CJ played extremely well, keeping Earl in his seat and not letting him get on a run. Earl was frustrated and stayed that way because CJ was breaking well, making combination shots on the nine, and just over-all playing smart pool.

After watching the match, I couldn't help but feel so very fortunate to belong to this forum and playing pool in this modern age where technology connects all of us and brings us closer. I personally have corresponded with and gotten very great advice from CJ through this forum. What an amazing gift. The free exchange of theories, ideas, strategies and tactics from the sport we all love right in front of us--with professional and extremely talented players.

Then I started to realize that nothing lasts forever. Eventually, CJ will move on as have many other folks on this forum do. After searching through older threads, we all can see members that were once a part of this community but never really around anymore.

So, I would like to extend a great Thanks to CJ Wiley for being an active member of this forum and letting us have access to his thoughts on the sport. To everyone here, make sure you get that question you've been wondering about asked before it's too late. Because the day will come where we will wish we did.

This is the same for all the other minds I have prodded for information and received great answers that have not only helped my game, but increased my enjoyment of the sport: From Glenn Hancock to Geoff Bradshaw to Lee Brett and Dr. Dave and over to SJM and Chris Renfro--there is so much information to be gained and so little time. Thanks for all the learning and sharing.

I don't want to get complacent with the luxury of having this community the way it is right now, but if I remind myself that nothing lasts forever--I can remember to be so very grateful to be here and now.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Great, inflate his sense of self even more- very dangerous. Earl would spot CJ plenty. But yes this forum is much better now that the constant snake oil selling in the main forum as settled down. It is safe to come out again.

liakos

Banned
Great, inflate his sense of self even more- very dangerous. Earl would spot CJ plenty. But yes this forum is much better now that the constant snake oil selling in the main forum as settled down. It is safe to come out again.

You must of drank the snake oil;) I wouldn't say "plenty"! And I'll go out and say in an all around match up,,,,, even if not a hair to favor CJ! You obviously haven't seen him play much!

GoldenFlash

Banned
Why is it very dangerous? (what I marked in red)
He offers nothing but information and will let you return it if you think it's dog vomit?
Nobody compels anyone to spend money for it...there is no "police force" to make anyone order any of it.
I do not understand the intensity of the dislike for Wiley...cannot figure it out.
He has always fulfilled his business promises to me....furthermore he shoots very good pool too. Nobody wins all the time....I've seen SVB lose, Strickland lose, Effren lose, etc. etc. etc.
If I could maintain a 75% win rate, I'd never have to say "yessir boss" at the 9-5 retirement job again....just by playing in little nit tourneys and picking off an extra $600-$700 a week to add to my meager pension checks.
Icon Huh.gif

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
... I personally have corresponded with and gotten very great advice from CJ through this forum. What an amazing gift. The free exchange of theories, ideas, strategies and tactics from the sport we all love right in front of us--with professional and extremely talented players.

Then I started to realize that nothing lasts forever. Eventually, CJ will move on as have many other folks on this forum do. After searching through older threads, we all can see members that were once a part of this community but never really around anymore.

So, I would like to extend a great Thanks to CJ Wiley for being an active member of this forum and letting us have access to his thoughts on the sport. To everyone here, make sure you get that question you've been wondering about asked before it's too late. Because the day will come where we will wish we did....

I will certainly second that Thanks to CJ. He has had more of an effect on my game than anyone in more than 35 years.

Best 2 You & All,
Rick

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Last night I watched the Accu-Stats DVD of Earl Strickland vs. CJ Wiley from the 2006 US Open.

CJ played extremely well, keeping Earl in his seat and not letting him get on a run. Earl was frustrated and stayed that way because CJ was breaking well, making combination shots on the nine, and just over-all playing smart pool.

After watching the match, I couldn't help but feel so very fortunate to belong to this forum and playing pool in this modern age where technology connects all of us and brings us closer. I personally have corresponded with and gotten very great advice from CJ through this forum. What an amazing gift. The free exchange of theories, ideas, strategies and tactics from the sport we all love right in front of us--with professional and extremely talented players.

So, I would like to extend a great Thanks to CJ Wiley for being an active member of this forum and letting us have access to his thoughts on the sport. To everyone here, make sure you get that question you've been wondering about asked before it's too late. Because the day will come where we will wish we did.

This is the same for all the other minds I have prodded for information and received great answers that have not only helped my game, but increased my enjoyment of the sport: From Glenn Hancock to Geoff Bradshaw to Lee Brett and Dr. Dave and over to SJM and Chris Renfro--there is so much information to be gained and so little time. Thanks for all the learning and sharing.

I don't want to get complacent with the luxury of having this community the way it is right now, but if I remind myself that nothing lasts forever--I can remember to be so very grateful to be here and now.

Thank you Ryan!
I'm glad that you are enjoying your table. It's always a pleasure to help those who share a love for the game.

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
No wonder more pro players don't come on here and offer advice with some of the people that are jealous making rude comments that don't represent the majority of AZB'ers.

Thanks CJ Wiley for all of your advice and hope you stay on here and keep giving tidbits of your knowledge. Anyone that is a level of CJ Wiley's advice should be taken with a gratitude, not jealousy.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is it very dangerous? (what I marked in red)
He offers nothing but information and will let you return it if you think it's dog vomit?
Nobody compels anyone to spend money for it...there is no "police force" to make anyone order any of it.
I do not understand the intensity of the dislike for Wiley...cannot figure it out.
He has always fulfilled his business promises to me....furthermore he shoots very good pool too. Nobody wins all the time....I've seen SVB lose, Strickland lose, Effren lose, etc. etc. etc.
If I could maintain a 75% win rate, I'd never have to say "yessir boss" at the 9-5 retirement job again....just by playing in little nit tourneys and picking off an extra $600-$700 a week to add to my meager pension checks.
View attachment 382497

I agree with you 100%. I have no idea why guys like Cj even come on az and eat shit from these guys. Maybe his information works for you.. Maybe it doesn't but you should still appreciate a former champion throwing down so knowledge for the rest of us.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with you 100%. I have no idea why guys like Cj even come on az and eat shit from these guys. Maybe his information works for you.. Maybe it doesn't but you should still appreciate a former champion throwing down so knowledge for the rest of us.

CJ is a businessman he comes on here and does what any good salesman try's to do sell himself first his products second ,, how ever in doing so he often says things that are with out a question debatable ,, and he tends to shove his opinion down people's throat ,
Some can take it some can't ,, he can that's for sure ,,it's rare that he is not on the front page of both the main forum and the for sale section

Spiorad_Fola

Registered
pro hate.....

I don't get it either, but to each their own. Advice and tips from pros are just that, THEIR advice, and THEIR tips. Usually it's what works for them, and helped them get their game to where it's at. But since all pool players are special, unique, and often crabby and whiny, bitter snowflakes......It ain't gonna work for everyone. Some people play like CJ, some play like Earl, some play like Efren, or Buddy, or......You get the idea. Keep an open mind, use what works for you, and say thanks for the tip. I don't hold anything against people trying to hustle up a sale, especially pros. They might genuinely have something good to sell, and it's not like they can rely on lucrative endorsements from Nike, Coca Cola, Mercedes.....lol. Although those would be the best commercials ever.

"Hi, I'm CJ Wiley! And when I'm in the middle of a 22 hour set, trying to win $50,000 and make it out of the room without a shattered kneecap, and still keep my focus, I reach for an ice cold Mountain Dew! It gives me that energy boost and focus I need to win. Play like a champion, and do the Dew!"

Or, in Colorado:

"Hi, I'm Earl "the Pearl" Strickland, and when I'm in the middle of a match, and my nerves are super on edge, I reach for a King Kush Purple Nurple Dank blunt to mellow me out, so I don't bust my opponent in the teeth with a 4-ball. Ask for it by name at your local dispensary!"

If I ever hit the lottery, I'm making this happen.

Just my meager 2¢, ymmv.

GoldenFlash

Banned
CJ is a businessman he comes on here and does what any good salesman try's to do sell himself first his products second ,, how ever in doing so he often says things that are with out a question debatable ,, and he tends to shove his opinion down people's throat ,
Some can take it some can't ,, he can that's for sure ,,it's rare that he is not on the front page of both the main forum and the for sale section
Did you realize there is an 'ignore' feature available on this site? .....and it is free.
Simply utilize it on those posters whom you detest. (Then a poster cannot 'tend to shove his opinions down your throat'.)
Problem solved. :wink:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No wonder more pro players don't come on here and offer advice with some of the people that are jealous making rude comments that don't represent the majority of AZB'ers.

Thanks CJ Wiley for all of your advice and hope you stay on here and keep giving tidbits of your knowledge. Anyone that is a level of CJ Wiley's advice should be taken with a gratitude, not jealousy.

Just wondering where you are getting your stats when you state the majority of AZB'ers??

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I simply asked where he got his stats. That is all. Why must you imply anything else? :rolleyes:

Because your post "implied" he was wrong when he stated the "majority". I assumed you knew something he didn't.

Aloha.

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
Just wondering where you are getting your stats when you state the majority of AZB'ers??

Don't have any stats, but I have talked to many about good advice and people I speak face to face with have nothing bad to say about CJ Wiley. So the one's I am interested in is my majority. If you are so concerned about it, start a poll on who like and don't like CJ Wiley.. :cool: