Billiard Palace, Albuquerque

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to congratulate the Billiard Palace for having the worst tables I have ever seen.

My captain and I walk into the room, I see a line of red label Diamond bar boxes and I think great. As I walk by I run my hand down the long rails, WTF, every cushion is scalloped along the nose of the rubber. Next table, same thing. Next table, same thing. I walk over the the Valley bar boxes, much better, only a few scallops.

We walk up to the counter and I ask the lady, who recovered your tables? All the Diamonds have bad cushions. So she said table 9 in the back has been recently recovered. WTF, same thing. And not only that but the short rail is dead. I walked around every 9 foot red label table in the Palace:frown: and every one had scalloped cushions. I also hit some balls on six other Diamonds and every one had at least one dead rail.

Before I left I asked for the owner or manager to talk about the tables and they weren't around. It's Sunday afternoon so I understand that. I've been playing pool for 50 years, all over the country, and have never seen so many bad tables in one room.

Sorry to rain on someone's parade but I truly feel the owner should know.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
I would like to congratulate the Billiard Palace for having the worst tables I have ever seen.

My captain and I walk into the room, I see a line of red label Diamond bar boxes and I think great. As I walk by I run my hand down the long rails, WTF, every cushion is scalloped along the nose of the rubber. Next table, same thing. Next table, same thing. I walk over the the Valley bar boxes, much better, only a few scallops.

We walk up to the counter and I ask the lady, who recovered your tables? All the Diamonds have bad cushions. So she said table 9 in the back has been recently recovered. WTF, same thing. And not only that but the short rail is dead. I walked around every 9 foot red label table in the Palace:frown: and every one had scalloped cushions. I also hit some balls on six other Diamonds and every one had at least one dead rail.

Before I left I asked for the owner or manager to talk about the tables and they weren't around. It's Sunday afternoon so I understand that. I've been playing pool for 50 years, all over the country, and have never seen so many bad tables in one room.

The owner doesnt care, ive been there. Go to doc and eddies or slate street if you want quality

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The owner doesnt care, ive been there. Go to doc and eddies or slate street if you want quality
Doc N Eddys has been closed for over a year now. Slate Street is the place to go. All gold crowns 9ft and have been recently recovered.

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come down here to southern NM, lol
Billiard palace all of sudden ain't look so bad. :embarrassed2: :grin::rolleyes:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
well kept room

Slate street, Rio Rancho was just there two weeks ago, there GC's are all in perfect shape, and all the old guys are getting hooked on one hole. I also gave one of the older guys Tom Wirths number to get his book.

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome idea. Im in!

A few years ago i didnt have such a good attitude. I lost a hill-hill match in a fairly large tournament to get into the money. Walked out into the parking lot and smashed my cue in the parking lot. It was in about 300 pieces before i was done. Thank goodness that side of me is dead.

I see you are quite the grammar expert, although I believe the correct usage in the first sentence would be "I'm in". In the second sentence the correct usage would be " I didn't "
As of right now looking through your posts, they are littered with poor spelling and grammatical errors. If you learn what an apostrophe is and how it is use it correctly in a sentence, I might be more willing to entertain your critiques.

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see you are quite the grammar expert, although I believe the correct usage in the first sentence would be "I'm in". In the second sentence the correct usage would be " I didn't "
As of right now looking through your posts, they are littered with poor spelling and grammatical errors. If you learn what an apostrophe is and how it is use it correctly in a sentence, I might be more willing to entertain your critiques.

This is why I very seldom critique some one's grammar on here. Thanks for the laugh this morning .

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slate street, Rio Rancho was just there two weeks ago, there GC's are all in perfect shape, and all the old guys are getting hooked on one hole. I also gave one of the older guys Tom Wirths number to get his book.

I went to Slate Street Saturday night after eating at Tucanos Brazilian Grill. Nice pool pool room and good tables. There was no one for me to play. I asked one guy to play when I walk in, looked like he could play some, but it was a no go for me.

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to play some snooker next time I visit Albq, do you guys know of any places with snooker tables besides billiard palace?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I love this response!

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
I wanted to play some snooker next time I visit Albq, do you guys know of any places with snooker tables besides billiard palace?

The word "wanted" is past tense. How about you use the words " I want" instead there genius.

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
too bad

I was just there last week and visited Slate Street for the first time. It was nice and the staff was great as well. I didn't venture back to the Billiard Palace this trip, but I guess I didn't miss anything. It was already not in great shape the time I visited about 4 years ago.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
The word "wanted" is past tense. How about you use the words " I want" instead there genius.

Like Donald Sutherland said years ago ''quit with the negative waves''.

I'm sure in FuMan's world, he could easily do the same in an area of his expertise, and on and on we go with negativity.

It gets you NO where except more of the same. Let it go, you knew what he meant. I make typos often. I know you have made grammatical errors at least once in your life. So what good is it throwing stones? But hey, nowadays people seem to like to do that, I wonder why it gets you NO WHERE.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm sure in FuMan's world, he could easily do the same in an area of his expertise, and on and on we go with negativity.

It gets you NO where except more of the same. Let it go, you knew what he meant. I make typos often. I know you have made grammatical errors at least once in your life. So what good is it throwing stones? But hey, nowadays people seem to like to do that, I wonder why it gets THEM NO WHERE.

Fixed it for you!:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

It gets you NO where except more of the same. Let it go, you knew what he meant. I make typos often. I know you have made grammatical errors at least once in your life. So what good is it throwing stones? But hey, nowadays people seem to like to do that, I wonder why it gets you NO WHERE.

Fixed it for you!:thumbup:

No you didn't...'nowhere' is one word.

pt....stands for 'plenty typos'

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dumbfuck.JPG
What a nice function.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I hate to be a wet blanket and steer this thread back to pool, but...

Can anybody tell me what size tables Slate Street has? Their web page only posts the hours and every review I've read just states "lots of pool tables".

I know they have 9' tables, but do they have 7' tables also?

Please feel free to grammatize this post, or bash this bb player.