Schmelke Sneaky................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered a rosewood-straightgrain maple on 12-6. Cue showed-up 1-4 and i've got to say i'm impressed. I added black collars and buttcap and the grand total was 140bux. Unbelievably nice for that amount of money. Overall feel is slightly butt heavy(cue is 19.5oz) with a pretty lively hit. Tip is a good 'ol Triangle and as usual it delivers a crisp hit. Anybody looking at getting a sneaky needs to call and talk to David. Great guy and very easy to communicate what you want in your cue.

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got one on the way too. I upgraded the forearm to birdseye maple with coco. Looking forward to it.

alanjake

Good to know on the stick, I ordered two myself on the 7 th of January. Super nice lady I spoke with when ordering. Cant wait to try them out, and could not beat the price!! I had a 19.5 ounce as well with Le pro tips.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-update-...............................

Well, i've been playing with this for about 3wks. now and with the Triangle pounded-down and re-shaped(dime) its really hitting good. Everytime i screw it together it still amazes me that this cue was only 140bux. You can't buy a decent shaft for that. Folks, if you're looking for a new main player or a awesome back-up/bar cue give David a call and order one.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a chance awhile back to play with a $100 Schmelke cue.
Did it look like a $100 cue? Yes it did.
Did it play like a $100 cue? No it did not.
It played very good.
Hell of a value and USA made.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a chance awhile back to play with a $100 Schmelke cue.
Did it look like a $100 cue? Yes it did.
Did it play like a $100 cue? No it did not.
It played very good.
Hell of a value and USA made.
Mine's as nice as my buddy's OB. Kinda wish i'd spent a little extra for birdseye but this rosewood(nice grain,btw) and straight-grain maple really plays good.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Schmelke Sneaky T ;)

Just sent David and the folks at Schmelke, a foot of Tomahawk ferrule material. Call and tell'em to make you a Schmelke Sneaky T. ;)
They may begin offering it as a customer ferrule option. :cool:
Best regards.
Joe P.

sjhauge

Was lucky enough to take a road trip to the Schmelke factory last Friday. Picked up a Rosewood sneaky with a 3/8x10 pin. Great hitting & looking cue. The sales rep there was a great help too. I'm sure this won't be my last Schmelke.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just sent David and the folks at Schmelke, a foot of Tomahawk ferrule material. Call and tell'em to make you a Schmelke Sneaky T. ;)
Best regards.
Joe P.

I don't think many people will buy that ferrule from them, when they are charging more for a ferrule than you charge for a foot of the stuff. :)

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think many people will buy that ferrule from them, when they are charging more for a ferrule than you charge for a foot of the stuff. :)

It has been a few days since I have spoken to the good folks at Schmelke. I wasn't aware that they had decided on a pricing structure, but...Whatever they have decided to charge is obviously out of my control. It's a great material, and I hope that they will price folks in. I think most people who try it, will be happy. :cool:
Best regards.
Joe P

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Still waiting for mine. :( Emailed yesterday and was told it's about a 3 week wait for what I wanted. (Wanted the shaft turned down to 12.25). I have a Rage sneaky that's really not too bad, and I do have a few "good" sticks - but still looking forward to getting my Schmelke Sneaky.

Ched

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

That may just be their upcharge for the ferrule. I am honestly not sure. I briefly spoke with David yesterday, but I typically avoid "advising" someone else on their pricing structure. I will leave that job to their customers. ;) It is a great ferrule...As for their price, I will have to leave that discussion, to the great folks @ Schmelke, and their customers.
Best regards HEye. :cool:
j2

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best regards.
Joe P.

Getting an "experimental" Schmelke probably in a week or 2 weeks.It is a reverse rosewood full splice at 17 oz with custom butt and shaft tapers and 5/16 18 joint leather wrap. It is using your ferrule material as well.

I am trying to recreate a Judd fuller that was made for me that was stolen.

Hope is that like the Judd it will be a medium hitting cue with a little life and low deflection. Your ferrule seemed like best choice for it.

Look forward to getting it and trying it.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Getting an "experimental" Schmelke probably in a week or 2 weeks.It is a reverse rosewood full splice at 17 oz with custom butt and shaft tapers and 5/16 18 joint leather wrap. It is using your ferrule material as well.

I am trying to recreate a Judd fuller that was made for me that was stolen.

Hope is that like the Judd it will be a medium hitting cue with a little life and low deflection. Your ferrule seemed like best choice for it.

Look forward to getting it and trying it.

Let me know what you think. Hope it works for you. :cool:
Best regards.
Joe P