Pechaeur LD

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for information. Does anyone have any info or experience with a Pechaeur LD shaft? Thanks

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the peach pro plus, and have also the Jacoby edge, the new Schon Ld shaft (just got it), and I can tell you that the wood used in the Peach is higher quality and more uniform in color i.e. light coloring as compared to the Jacoby edge which has variations of color, which to me looks inferior, to a pristine pechauer pro plus. The Schon also has similar uniform color, but I have not played much with it yet.

I find the Pechauer to have fairly even playing characteristics when compared to the others, but it has replaced other LDs to be THE LD on my shooter, which went from 2 yrs or more of a Schon with jacoby edge ld shaft... to a 2010 pechauer P11 with the pro plus LD shaft. It seems to dent less as a result of te better harder wood.

XXXXXXX I bought mine from member NSAfellow on here, and went with the kamui clear in his recommendation. He is very knowledgeable. I also went with his "particular specs" that he goes with when ordering from Pechauer as a collector/great customer of Pechauer. I have found him to be an expert on all things in pool as he is both seller, collector, and aficionado, with great advice.

I went with a 12mm with his specs. The result was that although it was only 12mm tip, and I was used ot 12.5 and 12.75 tips, sighting down the shaft upon playing with it you get the best of both worlds. The slightly larger shaft diameter gives the confidence and better fits my larger hands (and closed grip) than the thinner Jacoby pro per shaft or others, while the stiffness due to such slight diametermixed with line the smaller tip provides better spin and stability, in my opinion.

I have set them all three side by side on the floor and the taper and diameter on the Pechauer is ever so slightly bigger from behind the tip to the midway point. This seems to make sense to me,as to why I prefer the Peach.

One thing, when I bought it, for some reason it did not appear to have been sealed,a nd I could not get the same smoothness/less friction than my other shafts. Check with Nsa fellow (jim)on ensuring yours is sealed. Pechauer said to use beeswax to get it smoother and slick. I did that but ultimately wax ends up gunking up to me after 20 games or so, and probably picks up more chalk etc from the tables and play. Using 2000 grit sandpaper and heavy leather burnishing solved the problem and now is is as slick as my others. I did seal it and plan to have my cue guru seal it next time I am out his way

I just got the Schon LD for my Schon, which used the jacoby priorto. I did not like the performance so I am going to change the Schon non lam tip it comes with. The Schon is the least expensive LD shaft by at least 40$ to 50$, but that does not make it inferior.. Schon had to come out with a LD as customers wanted them. They do not put out junk.. so perhaps they have some efficiencies enablig them to charge less??? Perhaps they just but on a single layer leather tip figuring most people will change out anyway????

Gotta go to league now, but wanted to help you, as I have been in your shoes.

Last edited:

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Note: I corrected my above reply as the Pechauer ld shaft I have is a pro plus.... not pro lite.

Tonight the Schon LD was placed next to my Pechauer pro plus and they appeared to have the exact same taper when side by side except the Schon has a longer ferrule (i.e. old school ) which according to my cue guru can cause more action and more deflection than the shorter pechauer LD ferrule... i was in a pool hall and he said they can hit different even though the taper and shaft thicknesses can be identical. The pechauer had a bit more taper at it's tip for the 12mm kamui, while the schon had a 12.5 or so.

Hell if I know if I could recognize any difference if they both had the same tips, the factory tip on the new Schon LD was quite hard he said... no wonder I did not like the hit, and after about 8 strokes put the new shaft in my case. I am a Schon fan, and they just came out with their LD after being absent in that market for years....... they probably learned from others mistakes and they do not typically put out any substandard product.... so I knew it must be the non layered tip on it from Schon. Due to the "larger ferrule" I will probably size up to a 12.5 as compared to my pechauer... for added control.

He will put on a 12.5 kamikaze or Ultra skin med soft (they are made from the same factory and pretty identical.)