Another Danny Diliberto lesson

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
That Was a fantastic lesson from danny.

once the dust cleared did Sam benefit from the lesson. i would say that the times that sam jumped up is because he didnt quite understand the shot and what the outcome was going to be.

what i would give to get in a nice session with danny ?
-Steve

thanks for sharing D

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
wow, what a great lesson.

that shot at 51:20 was Sick.

and the tip on holding the bridge down just following that was a new one for me -- cool!

thank you, Dennis!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of the bridge, Sam is shooting with his elbow down below the cue, rather than having his elbow up and to the side, above the cue. The result is that he's shooting down on the cue ball with every shot where he uses the bridge. Shooting jacked up like that makes things more difficult, and he did miss one of those relatively easy bridge shots because of that. You can see somewhere in the 40something minute mark where DD uses the bridge, and he's down real low near the table with a very level cue.

Also, at 24:30 Sam was using the bridge and coming off the bottom rail. The natural angle should have put him into the 2 ball, but because he was jacked up, he widened the angle and altered the cue ball path significantly (hitting the 14 instead of the 2).

Thanks for posting. I can always learn something on these. Being a little more bold and learning shots like that 2 rail kick into the dead 7 was a great one to know!

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw about half of the video last night, and was going to watch the rest today. I was disappointed to see it was made private. Could I please have access to the video again?

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I saw about half of the video last night, and was going to watch the rest today. I was disappointed to see it was made private. Could I please have access to the video again?

Sorry. You can watch it now.

Some of the "moderators" for our forum did not think it was right that I upload these.

Sam is my good friend and I actually paid for his lesson. Danny said it was fine.

But apparently everything needs to be explained to everyone on the forum. If they have any follow up questions, you are required to answer them as well. It's like a f'ing part time job that I can no longer can find time for.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
i've been trying to stay out of this because i'm relatively new and don't necessarily get all the politics and bygones that have gone before. but from that perspective...

i was in the midst of watching the Griffin one when this hit the fan, and just want to say these lessons with Danny are so incredible that i immediately downloaded the rest in a panic, just in case.

Dennis, please, Please, PLEASE let the "maybe you shoulda's" roll off your back like water off a duck. none of us have any obligation to follow up on comments here -- we're all doing what we do for love of the game -- you more than most.

the inherent value of these lessons is enormous. THANK YOU.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I just want to say, again, how much I appreciate you posting these videos.

Thank you for reposting them!
-matthew

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
i've been trying to stay out of this because i'm relatively new and don't necessarily get all the politics and bygones that have gone before. but from that perspective...

i was in the midst of watching the Griffin one when this hit the fan, and just want to say these lessons with Danny are so incredible that i immediately downloaded the rest in a panic, just in case.

Dennis, please, Please, PLEASE let the "maybe you shoulda's" roll off your back like water off a duck. none of us have any obligation to follow up on comments here -- we're all doing what we do for love of the game -- you more than most.

the inherent value of these lessons is enormous. THANK YOU.

Bob:

I agree. Dennis had posted his frustrations at why the "permission to post this lesson video" question keeps getting asked, and I was actually trying to help explain why I thought this was so. I even offered a suggestion on how to address these for the future, so he can keep on posting them and the questions won't continue to pop up. However, unfortunately, methinks Dennis took my post as the last straw. :(

I should've PMed him instead -- that's fully my bad, and I take responsibility for it.

Dennis, I offer a public apology to you. Mea culpa, and I offer the side of my head for smacking.

-Sean

tenzip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry. You can watch it now.

Some of the "moderators" for our forum did not think it was right that I upload these.

Sam is my good friend and I actually paid for his lesson. Danny said it was fine.

But apparently everything needs to be explained to everyone on the forum. If they have any follow up questions, you are required to answer them as well. It's like a f'ing part time job that I can no longer can find time for.

Enjoy!

Dennis,

I don't get what's going on, and maybe I don't want to.

For my part, please post as many videos as you like, and don't feel under any kind of obligation to do anything beyond that if you are not so inclined.

If someone hassles you, feel free to ignore them.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, what a great lesson.

that shot at 51:20 was Sick.

and the tip on holding the bridge down just following that was a new one for me -- cool!

thank you, Dennis!

That was good. The shot at 37:00 was more subtle but very difficult to get the perfect angle one rail to just bump the ball into a break ball and have a shot.

Excellent video.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
More to come

Dennis,

I don't get what's going on, and maybe I don't want to.

For my part, please post as many videos as you like, and don't feel under any kind of obligation to do anything beyond that if you are not so inclined.

If someone hassles you, feel free to ignore them.

Ok, you convinced me. I am uploading about 8 more right now. For the All Diliberto station!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Ok, you convinced me. I am uploading about 8 more right now. For the All Diliberto station!

That's the spirit... Do it up !!! Now I'll have something to watch with my morning cup of Joe..

Thank you Dennis for all that you do, it is greatly appreciated !!!

Steve