at last

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I've found a few people who like straight pool and have gotten a few games going

First impression is the game is vastly different for me playing against someone than practice

It seems sooo much more grindy, tough for me to get going like I can in practice as I build momentum and rhythm

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems sooo much more grindy, tough for me to get going like I can in practice as I build momentum and rhythm

HA! You don't get punished for poor judgement when you're not playing a real opponent! :)

I just joined a straight pool league a few months ago, and I'm getting my butt kicked. I'm not a great shot, but I'm not a terrible shot. I thought I'd do pretty well.

Nope! I suck.

Experience, planning and judgement count for a lot more than just shot making and cue ball control. Every time I make a mistake, even against a week opponent, I go down at least a few balls. When I get the table back, I usually have nothing and I'm too aggressive for my own good. I haven't learned my lesson yet and I build a huge deficit early on in my matches that I then have to undo. Even with some reasonable runs, it's rarely enough. :mad:

But it's still fun :thumbup:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Man I get mental as hell
The Only guys I get to play straight pool with are good players, and I don't know what the hell is wrong with me

Dogged a hanger while looking at next position

It's all good, just means I gotta play those guys more often

I did make a sweet ass break shot, he skimmed it left the 3 in front of the pocket, about 4 inch away, but in the center

Full stack, I was on the other side, looked at it for a minute and called the three in the corner, it freaking went
Highlight of my pool weekend!

That was half of my point total in that match however :(

But man I gotta talk to the waitresses,today I'm all by my own on one of the nine fters,the place is half empty and she brings a couple to the damn table right next to me, I'm like seriously?

Last edited: