Cincinnati "Clem" Metz passes.

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Should be in HOF

Jay, as you well know, there are 10-15 players nominated every year and only a few are chosen. Clem has been on the ballot for the last 5 years that I know of and has to compete with the popular and world champions and other backroom gamblers as well..

This year he had to compete with Allen Hopkins and Buddy Hall. Clem had a reputation as a great one pocket player, I wish I could say more. You know what I mean.

Now that he is deceased, I am sure the HOF committee will take him under consideration for induction.

It is not a matter of the HOF committee. I am on the HOF committee. The committee only recommends players to be nominated for HOF selection. They still have to collect the majority of votes from the forum members. I have been banging on the forum folks at Onepocket.org to put Clem into the Onepocket HOF for years. But it is a matter of having enough votes. Those who share the same concerns as I do can make their voice heard by registering on Onepocket.org, and thus becoming eligible to vote in this years election in the fall.

Beard

As we say in Chicago, vote early and often.