Lense implant

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally got up the nerve to hit balls after surgery.

I had cataracts removed and lense implants in January. I waited so long because the adjustment to no glasses is mind boggling, after wearing bifocals for decades.

Here's how it went. The biggest change after the surgery is how bright everything appears. Cataracts slowly darken every until white appears tan.

I hit balls on a 9 ft Diamond with light blue Simonis cloth. The reflection from the cloth and the balls was overwhelming. I actually considered getting my Oakley golf shades.

After a while my eyes adjusted.
I had a hard time making anything. I noticed I was switching dominate eyes unconsciously. After I adjusted things begin to click.

I had a couple of 4 and 5 ball runs on the tight pockets. Not bad after 20 years off.

Was the surgery worth it? So far, Hell yes!

Seeing the entire table without squinting between bifocals and glass frames is priceless.

I'm going to practice for a month and see if I can play again.

More to follow when I figure out the technical pros and cons.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Drove myself home

I finally got up the nerve to hit balls after surgery.

I had cataracts removed and lense implants in January. I waited so long because the adjustment to no glasses is mind boggling, after wearing bifocals for decades.

Here's how it went. The biggest change after the surgery is how bright everything appears. Cataracts slowly darken every until white appears tan.

I hit balls on a 9 ft Diamond with light blue Simonis cloth. The reflection from the cloth and the balls was overwhelming. I actually considered getting my Oakley golf shades.

After a while my eyes adjusted.
I had a hard time making anything. I noticed I was switching dominate eyes unconsciously. After I adjusted things begin to click.

I had a couple of 4 and 5 ball runs on the tight pockets. Not bad after 20 years off.

Was the surgery worth it? So far, Hell yes!

Seeing the entire table without squinting between bifocals and glass frames is priceless.

I'm going to practice for a month and see if I can play again.

More to follow when I figure out the technical pros and cons.

Been there done that, went great. had to stay in town the next day to see the surgeon.
Then drove 200 miles home.
For me it was a walk in the park.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Gift

It's as simple as getting a haircut..Well worth it

To me it was like a gift from God, 100% blind in my left eye.
and after the surgery I could see, 2 years later it was my right eye same thing.

Nothing less then a blessing.
My surgeon was a pool player too and ended up selling him custom cue :thumbup:

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have cataracts Social Security pays. I have no clue your age.
You have to figure on the money you save on glasses. I only need $1 reading glasses now.