Tournament in new York, world's best 6, winner receives 150k

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Don't know

The biggest payout in the games history
Maybe they wanted the players to have less distraction?

I dunno, but I don't like it

Perhaps Bert will chime in at some point

Bert van Manen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand people's disappointment. But there will be a stream, and you can see every point made.

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This event will not be played in a public venue, but in a (relatively small) billiard room, purpose-built on a private estate. I understand people's disappointment. But there will be a stream, and you can see every point made.

It is funny how this wasn't mentioned in your column and it wasn't mentioned in Bakker's news story. Usually the part of a story that involves a pretty much unprecedented element gets highlighted, not buried.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is funny how this wasn't mentioned in your column and it wasn't mentioned in Bakker's news story. Usually the part of a story that involves a pretty much unprecedented element gets highlighted, not buried.

I am sure all the details will be coming out as time progresses.........or at least I hope so.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
google Robert L.Mercer.......a real slime ball
Puts a really good image on the game

Wait, I thought only Pocket Billiard Players were slime, ha ha, not Carom players.

I never heard of the guy, but read the Wikipedia on him. I won't comment on his political views, but from his early life, his professional achievements, and his financial achievements listed on the Wiki page, it sounds like the guy is as smart as they come!

Carry on.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
What other game/sport can you pay to have the best in the world play for your enjoyment, on your property

Owls nest Mansion has a nice ring to it

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stupid question

Bert, what was the criteria to invite the 12 chosen players?

For a really smart guy that is one of the dumbest questions I have ever heard you ask in all these 50 years we have known each other. Ask your self: "WHAT WOULD ERNIE HAVE SAID!!" Call me up about this as if I gave you my thoughts on the matter Mr.Wilson would ban me forever.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
I hope this event is the success the promoters anticipate!

Secondly, it will be curious to see how the chosen players handle the pressure playing for this kind of money! If the winner goes thru the tournament undefeated, He will have played for $2,885.00 PER POINT!

I personally have been in this position several times in my life and have come out on top!

I have played 3 cushion for $2.00 a game all the way up to $90,000.00 a game, and I can tell you from my own experience for me, the ONLY differences were the 'Zero's!'

For me, winning is everything, because it was ALWAYS about the money, period!

I'm glad to see that I'm still alive to see this type of prize fund started in this country, I only wish my game was at the level I know it could be to be able to participate in a such a special venue!

"Good Shooting and Good Billiards" to all the players!

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bert, what was the criteria to invite the 12 chosen players?

In one article I saw they said it was the top 6 ranked players, plus the 2 most recent World Champions not in the top 6, 2 iconic stars of an earlier era, and the top 2 Americans. All but Pedro and Hugo are former world champions.

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can afford to bankroll a tournament like this and you are promoting the game you free stream it for the public to see no Kozoom or other memberships required.