New Digicue Blue made by OB

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I am interested in what is being said about the digicue blue. Please only honest objective opinions. No salesman. Anyone tried it? What are the pro's and con's?

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am interested in what is being said about the digicue blue. Please only honest objective opinions. No salesman. Anyone tried it? What are the pro's and con's?

I am the inventor, and you are welcome to ask me or PM me any questions about the DigiCue BLUE.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I am the inventor, and you are welcome to ask me or PM me any questions about the DigiCue BLUE.

I am trying to fix my straightness on the digicue. I will be looking forward to when you do a video on fixing straightness flaws and steering to the left flaws. Keep us posted.

Isaac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick question to Nathan - when it says "Tip steer (Left)" does it mean left from shooter's point of view? Basically "Right" would be moving cue butt towards your body and "Left" away from the body (for right handed player ). Correct?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick question to Nathan - when it says "Tip steer (Left)" does it mean left from shooter's point of view? Basically "Right" would be moving cue butt towards your body and "Left" away from the body (for right handed player ). Correct?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Correct. It is in reference to the tip, opposite to the butt.

row21097

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great tool! After reading Nate’s responses I purchased a digicue blue. I have since shared it with a friend and I believe this is the best tool ever put forward for stroke analysis. BETER THAN VIDEO. There are elements of the stroke (and the digicue algorithm) I, as of yet have come to grips with. Specifically follow through.

Bert

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I notice the shooter has a pendulum stroke. I feel my stroke is the same yet I cannot get straightness correct for the digicue. I feel I may have to focus harder and just grind it out. Lotsa trial and error.

The shooter is me. And yes, you will get it with focus. Try new things and learn small lessons when you get small progressions.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great tool! After reading Nate’s responses I purchased a digicue blue. I have since shared it with a friend and I believe this is the best tool ever put forward for stroke analysis. BETER THAN VIDEO. There are elements of the stroke (and the digicue algorithm) I, as of yet have come to grips with. Specifically follow through.

Bert

Follow through is the phrase I've chosen to use to describe the amount of push or acceleration through the cue ball. Notice my forward stroke is a little longer than my backstroke... It's a clue. And a feeling. Makes a huge difference in accuracy.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Follow through is the phrase I've chosen to use to describe the amount of push or acceleration through the cue ball. Notice my forward stroke is a little longer than my backstroke... It's a clue. And a feeling. Makes a huge difference in accuracy.

Colorful words that infer Regrips and jerky deliveries.

Everyone says odd terms like follow through then searches for odd words like push to describe their true meaning.

Notice the distance the back hand moves during the shot delivery and it’s end/stopping point/finish completing the entire sequence. The ENTIRE delivery and subsequent end of the motion is a little longer than the backstroke... It's a clue. And a feeling. Makes a huge difference in accuracy

What this means is the entire length of stroke forward and back is not 180 degrees. But the best strike position is at the 90 mark and the end is at the 0 /180 degree line.

If the hands behind the 90 mark then it has leverage just to name one. If it’s past it on contact it has lost simple effective leverage....also including losing ability of mainintjng course to chosen finish. The hand won’t hinge and the fulcrum the cue sits in will become useless

Complicated and ineffective equates to steering and deceleration

And a good stroke looks like a quarter moon with a corner missing not like a J

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a way you can explain finesse. Am i suppose to get a high number or a low number? Im slightly confused.

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats what i figured but if you look at the definition it says a score of 1 means you hit the ball at a medium speed, and a 10 means you hit it soft. So if i hit a ball hard then my score would low i assume. It would seem like i can only hit soft to get high numbers.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats what i figured but if you look at the definition it says a score of 1 means you hit the ball at a medium speed, and a 10 means you hit it soft. So if i hit a ball hard then my score would low i assume. It would seem like i can only hit soft to get high numbers.

Correct. Finesse is the word I've used to describe how hard you hit the ball. The parameter is there should some feel that they have a habit of hitting some shots too hard, and the user may turn it on to monitor this if so the choose.

In general, good/bad i.e. green/red is a threshold set by YOU.

Clearly you need to hit shots hard and soft to play pool. Please understand that the DigiCue BLUE is just a tool to help you focus on your own needs, not force you to generate 10's in everything.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

I bought this product out of curiosity, and to help a friend hopefully identify stroke flaws. I am very impressed with it. I got it today, fast shipping. And once I figured out how to make my phone visible to other bluetooth devices it was simple to use. I hit about 50 shots, the thing vibrating here and there on some shots, so I thought my results would be terrible. What the stats show is what I figured needs work.....my pause. So now I have a tool that will surely help me develop this. Here's a screenshot when I finished. I think it was 45 shots total.

picture.php

I think it's a great tool and I'll be working with it more over the next few days.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
bc21- good job with the straightness and tip steer. wish i could get mine there haha

My lowest straightness number that I saw was 7.0. Tip steer was in the 8's a few times. Not sure how many shots comprise this total result screen. But I like that you can look at each shot individually for errors, and also look at bar graphs of each measured parameter over a certain time period.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My lowest straightness number that I saw was 7.0. Tip steer was in the 8's a few times. Not sure how many shots comprise this total result screen. But I like that you can look at each shot individually for errors, and also look at bar graphs of each measured parameter over a certain time period.

The screen that you posted shows data only from your last shot, and is not representative of a summary. The stats page shows long term statistics. There's a lot more we want to do with data manipulation and graphics in future app updates.

Good job BTW. I want to see someone get all 10s on follow through, tip steer, Straightness and jab.