WPS brackets.............???

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looked all over and can't find any brackets. Play starts today and i'd kinda like to know what the match-ups are. Anybody?? Thanx

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree-something is going on here. Here we have a new series of tournaments that pay decent money- why would US players not try to support it by playing? Didn't Skyler Woodward win the last WPS event, and he's not playing this one? Is there another event somewhere? On the surface, you would think US players would want these events to be successful, but it sure doesn't look like it.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been wondering about that too. Why isn't SVB there? I think Justin Bergman & Billy Thorpe have played in one of these in the past. Mike Dechaine?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB has not supported WPS from the very start.He has not played in any of the events.

I have no idea why but i am sure he has his reasons.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The only thing I can think of is the travel costs of paying for Expo hotels and then NYC immediately after.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing I can think of is the travel costs of paying for Expo hotels and then NYC immediately after.
Could very well be that. Also, just being in two huge E.Coast cities back-to-back would stop me for sure. ;)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, only 32 players. Something's not right here. Wondering if it could be small money and big expenses.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not according to their own statement. Says $750 for top 16 and $650 for others.

My fault. They must have raised it when they saw the low turnout. A couple of months ago it was listed as $150.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My fault. They must have raised it when they saw the low turnout. A couple of months ago it was listed as $150.
Did a pretty thorough search and couldn't find anything pertaining to a $150 entry-fee. Not saying it couldn't have been but i find no evidence of that low of a fee. I think the fee along with staying/eating in NYC may be keeping the field short. Still you'd think the big-time US players would attend. Kinda makes US pool look bad(like it needs help doing that).