old, old chalk for sale: National Billiard Chalk Co.

Pre-Flag Master

Cue Ball Man
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
SOLD

17 cubes; 12 unused, 5 slightly used, all blue.

This is not the later "Tournament Chalk Co." stuff. This is NBCC, not NTCC. This is the old good stuff made in Chicago. A lot of people on AZ have said they like this chalk.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give old, good pre-flag a 9, present day Master chalk a 5 (acceptably good), Blue Diamond and Magic a 6, and this NBCC a 7. This scale is based strictly on performance. It adheres to the tip well and gives good spin on the cue ball and fewer miscues than the chalks I listed lower on the scale.

It's a softer chalk, and applies a smooth, even coat to the tip without a lot of cakiness (I wish pre-flag was soft like this). It does have some cast-off. If you chalk above the rails, you will make a mess, about the same amount as present day Master chalk. But it adheres well to the tip, so it transfers to the cue ball and the table much less than present day Master chalk.

These 17 cubes came from various batches, but the labels on the cubes are all the same, and all are very similar in terms of physical characteristics. Basically they all have the same degree of performance, smoothness, softness, cast-off, etc. (I tested at least one cube from every batch).

See picture below.

$17.00 for all 17 cubes.

Paypal only. Price includes Paypal fees and shipping by USPS Priority Mail with tracking, USA lower 48 only. Will ship to the address on the Paypal payment only. Please do not "gift" the payment.

Last edited: