Need to Vent, Somewhat Upset!

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Hello,
I just need to say that This has been eating at me for a little while.

I don't cause problems, I'm Quiet and Extremely Shy. At 13 I knew I was
Hooked on pool, from the first moment of playing I knew it. Pool has become a great part of my life and also have become my downfall.

The other night I went to a local hall that I haven't been to in about two months. Well it was still pretty early, Roughly 8:30ish and I walkin with my case, Request a table and walk on down to it. I'm am as I always am, Cool, Collected and well dressed(CCWD, Thats what I call it).

Feelin' great, Making awesome shots and a regular asks me to shoot some and I agree. "So kid, What do you want me to spot ya" "Not gonna Whine when ya loose are ya" Right off the bat he starts with alot of this nonsence. After about an hour of his S$%t The guy brought me down, Pretty bad.

This guy did a royal job at pissing me off. This guy has a little game and a big mouth. The guy bought a $2,500 Capone and bearly even knows how to use it. If I diden't know any better I woulds have waited outside for him
or would have used my louisville slugger on his new lexus.

I coulden't shoot the entire night. My right hand was shakin'. I was almost in tears and thats never happened before. I got ahold of myself went to the restroom Washed my face and hands said CCWD to myself got my things and walked out.

It's been eating at me. I feel I trust AZ and many of the people here.
It will be great to meet more of the members At the DCC and so on.

He has done this to a few before, I don't know what happened. I guess I let his words get to me.
Needed to Vent,
Vincent

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were you playing for $? How old are you?

If you feel that bubbling up inside, you have 2 choices, surrender to it or kick its a$$. Some people roll over and die, some don't, simple as that.

But, in the real world;) - there are people of all kinds out there and you need to learn how to deal with them, or deal with the fact that you will be at their mercy.

Still wanna know: Were you playing for $? How old are you?

6 Pocket Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Methodman201 said:
Hello,
I just need to say that This has been eating at me for a little while.

I don't cause problems, I'm Quiet and Extremely Shy. At 13 I knew I was
Hooked on pool, from the first moment of playing I knew it. Pool has become a great part of my life and also have become my downfall.

The other night I went to a local hall that I haven't been to in about two months. Well it was still pretty early, Roughly 8:30ish and I walkin with my case, Request a table and walk on down to it. I'm am as I always am, Cool, Collected and well dressed(CCWD, Thats what I call it).

Feelin' great, Making awesome shots and a regular asks me to shoot some and I agree. "So kid, What do you want me to spot ya" "Not gonna Whine when ya loose are ya" Right off the bat he starts with alot of this nonsence. After about an hour of his S$%t The guy brought me down, Pretty bad.

This guy did a royal job at pissing me off. This guy has a little game and a big mouth. The guy bought a $2,500 Capone and bearly even knows how to use it. If I diden't know any better I woulds have waited outside for him
or would have used my louisville slugger on his new lexus.

I coulden't shoot the entire night. My right hand was shakin'. I was almost in tears and thats never happened before. I got ahold of myself went to the restroom Washed my face and hands said CCWD to myself got my things and walked out.

It's been eating at me. I feel I trust AZ and many of the people here.
It will be great to meet more of the members At the DCC and so on.

He has done this to a few before, I don't know what happened. I guess I let his words get to me.
Needed to Vent,
Vincent

Well it sounds like the guy should have been an easy meal ticket.. I look at it like this:

Talk all the $hit you want but keep in mind that you have been the one racking:D

Don't let him get under your skin. The only way to shut those guys up is to beat them senseless on the table;) I would even have asked the guy for weight if he offered it lol.

$hit talking is just an ugly side of pool that I have to except. Most know around here that if you start running your mouth I'm no longer going to play friendly and that now I am out to embarrass you..

Don't let that jerk off bother you, hope you took him for some money.

Dead Crab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read the article in this month's Billiards Digest about the way Minnesota Fats used to shark better players into defeat.

It is available online at their website, and should make clear what happened to you.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah i know some people that try to talk their way into your head while you're shooting. if it breaks your concentration enough you should just quit. or lower the bet so you can train yourself to get used to it

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
How old are you?

I'm gonna guess ... methodman is 17 ?

Vince, you have to learn to control your emotions or things will eat you up. What your opponent says and does are his issues, not yours.

Dave

Klopek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
Were you playing for $? How old are you?

If you feel that bubbling up inside, you have 2 choices, surrender to it or kick its a$$. Some people roll over and die, some don't, simple as that.

But, in the real world;) - there are people of all kinds out there and you need to learn how to deal with them, or deal with the fact that you will be at their mercy.

Still wanna know: Were you playing for $? How old are you?
His public profile says he's 17. Hell at seventeen everything got to me. It takes many years of life beating on you before you can really take crap like this guy was dishing out. Everyone disrespects young people, and when the young people get older, they disrespect the next generation, it's inevitable.

OP, if you've been playing for 4 years, expect to get rattled, you just don't have a great deal of experience behind you yet. I know 4 years seems like a big chunk of your life, but in the grand scheme it's very little. In 10 years, you'll be taking the shirt off this geezers back, just take your lumps and grow from it. Soon enough you'll be the old guy torturing the local teenagers.

Best thing to do for now is lay a few beats on him and tell him it must be tough getting whooped by a kid.

poolhall maven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me life is too short to waste time with nasty people. I would've quit him and never played him again. The guy is a jerk!
I guess I'm not much of a poolplayer for not wanting to put up with someone's crap. I feel there are plenty of players that can give you a good game without the grief.
Good luck!

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Vinnie,

Relax bro, it's natural....everybody, whether at pool, work, or elsewhere, have times when somebody pulls that crap and we let it get to us....

Flip the script....he's sharking you, and he feeds off the fact that it was getting to you....next time, give him a big smile, and ask him if he's gonna cry after you steal all his milk money :D .....or something like that, I'm sure you've got better lines than mine, but you get the point....after that, let his mouth do all the talking, and let your game speak for you ;)

That, or call me.....I'll drive down from Jax, I'll bring my 9 iron, and we'll meet him in the parking lot :D

Klopek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing worse than talking crap is making idle threats about hurting someone for talking crap.:rolleyes:

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
I love playing people like that,cause I know they have no confidence in their own game thats why they have to shark and intimidate you.
And when it gets carried away(sharking)I will kindly ask him to shut up as we are having a friendly game of pool.
If that dont work tell him your going to shove this cue up his ass.:eek: :D
I have no time for people like that,dont play the guy ever again.If he asks you again kindly say NOPE and keep walking.Just remember you have more class than him.

Last edited:

Inzombiac

Silver Member
Confidence my friend. Thats all it takes. You're good and you know it, you just have to remember that while you're playing and don't let him forget it. If you've never played him before then it should be a lock in your mind that you can beat the chump. Hell the whole reason he talked so much trash is cus he was unsure of himself and he was probably trying to amp up his own confidence so take you down. You miss a shot? Don't show that you're mad or scared, start planning your next attack and wait to get back to the table to make him pay. You got it bro, and you don't even know it. During a difficult game, I always tell myself "I'm the baddest mofo in the world." Whether its true or not, I use it to amp myself up for whomever I'm playinig. If i had to play Efren i'd still be saying "I'm the baddest mofo in the world."

Thats the great thing about pool. If you can run you can run it. If you're playing Johhny Archer and you run 9 games in a row in a race to 9, well guess what, you just won the match. Again the beauty of pool is that you're playing yourself, not the man.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there are any Florida gamblers out there--it looks you have both the fish and the bait. Go help the kid out and make some money.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Some great advice here. At seventeen, if you can apply any of it, you're ahead of the game. Relax, enjoy, laugh at his insecurity...:p

ez2h8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Klopek said:
His public profile says he's 17. Hell at seventeen everything got to me. It takes many years of life beating on you before you can really take crap like this guy was dishing out. Everyone disrespects young people, and when the young people get older, they disrespect the next generation, it's inevitable.

OP, if you've been playing for 4 years, expect to get rattled, you just don't have a great deal of experience behind you yet. I know 4 years seems like a big chunk of your life, but in the grand scheme it's very little. In 10 years, you'll be taking the shirt off this geezers back, just take your lumps and grow from it. Soon enough you'll be the old guy torturing the local teenagers.

Best thing to do for now is lay a few beats on him and tell him it must be tough getting whooped by a kid.

Tap Tap Tap.. I have to agree with the above.

I went thru similiar times. I too thought when I was 19 and had 5 years of experience it was alot. I too ran into guys that would talk smack and abuse the teenagers in the halls when they should be playing older guys. I would get frazzled too. But as mentioned, the experience will grow, things will click and in a few months, or years you will run into guys like this again and clean their clocks. You can talk the smack then if so desire or just let the cue do the talking. Problem is, some of these guys look at the return smack talk and a$$ beating as another day in their life and don't get frazzled back. Some of them, well they blow their tops and it's a BEAUTIFUL thing to make happen. :) And what is nice is having it happen when you and them least expect it. You can just smile and feel good then.

In the meantime, don't waste your time with these fools, sit back and watch them work the room and humor yourself with their weak efforts.

ez

joepool

PBIA Advanced Instructor
first, i would avoid even playing this guy.....why should you? the great game has many fine players of much higher caliber that would be worth playing and that you would enjoy playing.
Now, sometimes reality has you playing this guy anyway, e.g., tournament/league/$$$.
It can be an opportunity to train your mind not to let him distract you. Focus on the game and the shot in front of you. If he is shooting keep your head in the game and not on what he is saying. At first this can be very difficult, but the mind can be trained to stay focused on the game. It will keep you in the present moment and allow you to reach max potential when you play. when you hear what he is saying to the point of distraction, your mind has wandered; kindly and firmly bring it back. repeat. See any distraction as a signal to you that you have allowed your mind to go somewhere other than the game/shot at hand and bring it back.

Hope this gives you an alternative to consider....whatever works for you along this type of mental discipline could help....

ps- don't forget to breathe and relax

Last edited: