Who made this cue? Maybe Herman Rambow?

Atom-Billard.de

Hi together - I was wondering if someone can help me finding the cuemaker of my cue.
All I know is that it was made in the 60's in Chicago and that the cuemaker was working for Brunswick at some stage. I've heard of a cuemaker called Herman Rambow from Chicago (at that time) who also worked for Brunswick at some stage. Does anyone know him / his works and has any idea if the cue was maybe made by him or another cuemaker?

Thanks a million for your help in advance.

Cheers,
Tj

Attachments

• IMG_7070.jpg
    IMG_7070.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_7071.jpg
    IMG_7071.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_7072.jpg
    IMG_7072.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 733

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I really hope its a great maker... otherwise its a $500 dollar blank on a $ 50.00 cue...

JV

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I'd guess newer than Rambow, and it woulda been a whole lot better if somebody didn't sand that brass to make it shine. "IF" it is a significant cue, it just lost a whole lot of value.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Has the look that it could have come from the National Cue Company in the late 60's. Unique for sure. Does not look like H.J. Rambow to me.

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Wasn't Eddie Laube out of Chicago?

Not a Laube unless a one off of some kind. Laube cues have joint pin in shaft and a different look altogether. But yes Laube was Chicago made. Several of the better older players in the room I first hung out at (beginning in summer 1969)had Eddie Laube cues--both merry widows and pointed cues with simple inlays. There's a possibility this is a John Davis blank. I'd have to ask him to take a peek.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I said in his main forum thread it reminded me of a Spain blank because of the 5 veneers and the location he mentioned.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I'd guess newer than Rambow, and it woulda been a whole lot better if somebody didn't sand that brass to make it shine. "IF" it is a significant cue, it just lost a whole lot of value.

Maybe to you but I don't necessarily agree. If no significant material was removed, it shouldn't affect value IMHO. Good resto can be a plus. It all depends on the buyer.

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Per John Davis not his blank and doubtful it is a Burton Spain blank.