Ron V – 90/90 aiming system DVD.

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Ron V – 90/90 DVD.

Ron's DVD and work book arrived in perfect condition thanks to registered post and international tracking.
There hasn't been much info on Ron V that I've been able to find on the internet other than some bits and pieces.
All I've ever been able to find out about Ron V is that he used to be a film editor, he's in New York, he developed an aiming system, and he was a gifted instructor with a very good reputation. And that he has a telephone number.
So I was more than happy to grab his training video when it was available.

The package contains 2 DVD'S plus a work book which has reference shots on how to use the 90/90 aiming system.
The total running time is 289 minutes between two DVD'S.
I've now had several viewings of the system and these are my thoughts.

First of all most if not all of the 90/90 aiming system is explained in the first DVD.
The second DVD contains mostly banks and kicks throughout.

When I first viewed the DVD set I thought “what”
I felt that the diagrams could have been much better.
Also I thought the very core of the system 90/90 aiming was very quickly skipped over in the beginning and that the visuals weren’t' explained thoroughly like how do you line up a cue ball to object ball relationship and cue placement.
This is probably the main area which I thought could have been more refined and improved upon.

Any way as my viewings went on and I started to get it, and started to understand it.
Now that I've had time to digest the info I've come to understand and appreciate that this is an amazing aiming system.
Ron’s 90/90 digram book is one of the greatest work books I’ve ever seen. There are something like 131 diagrams, spiral bound, and tells you exactly how to shoot lots of shots in the book.
At first I didn't understand the little photo next to the diagrams but now I do.
The book it's self is something Ron should be very proud of.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the DVD is when Ron V runs through the many many diagrams with you and surprising most shots are all done with the exact same shot. Watching Ron do the diagrams in the book help me a lot and pretty well put it all together. I would watch Ron do a 90/90 shot and that helped a lot understanding the system.
Amazing stuff.
Ron spends quite a bit of time just talking about aiming in general and how it all came together for him and his journey, he calls this "Ron's thoughts"

I've taken this to the table today and it a very easy system to learn. His straight in shots were super easy to do, and I made some of his 90/90 shots which was very impressive to say the least.

Don't be under any illusions as it will take practise and commitment on your end as with any aiming system however it's very simple and easy to learn.
I discovered that my eye domination was out of wack, Ron's 90/90 made it easy to sought this out as it uses the edges of the cue ball to edge of the object ball.

This training DVD in not a full of high tech graphics, fancy camera viewing angles and special effects.
It is Ron V shooting shots and explaining how to do it. So it's pretty basic as far as DVD's go, but Ron does a great job of presenting his aiming system.
I've now spent quite some time playing around with Ron's system and it's definitely a win, and I'm more than happy with the purchase.
Thank you Ron V for your knowledge, wisdom and teachings.
Cheers
Gazman100 :smile:

To order at this stage email Ron V :Email: vitelloaim@aol.com
I believe there is a web site coming soon: www.9090aiming.com

Last edited:

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx for the review, appreciate it!!! Will have to check this out eventually, for the knowledge if nothing else. I have used 90/90, but don't really fully know the ins and outs, any adjustments that might be used, or any of it as it relates to kicking or banking.

Scott

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron V – 90/90 DVD.
At first I didn't understand the little photo next to the diagrams but now I do.
So are the little photos on each diagram page supposed to show where the cue tip is aiming before you pull the trigger? I don’t see any explanation for them. They are just there.

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Those photos beside the diagrams are the cue tip position on the object ball after you have pivoted to centre cue ball on the cue ball.
In other words this is where the cue position is before you pull the trigger.
:smile:

Last edited:

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Review

I’ve had the DVDs and book for several days now. I’ve gone over all of the material and done a few hours of practice. I’ll be practicing a lot more. Here are my impressions of the product.

First of all, I should say that Ron knows a lot about systems in general and 90-90 specifically.

I don’t think the lessons were well planned. I don’t think a preplanned script was followed. I don’t think there was a lot of editing after doing the recordings or after putting together the book. Things could have been explained and illustrated a lot more clearly. In my view, some important things were left out. One example is that there is no explanation or discussion of the diagrams included in the video. There are no details on how to line up for 90-90 aiming or what the player should see before pulling the trigger. The book has photos that are (apparently) illustrations of how the cue tip should be pointing after pivoting, but there is nothing in the video or the book explaining the intended use of those photos.

The good news is that the system is pretty simple relative to other pivot systems so less explanation is necessary. I do think that a dedicated user will be able to figure out the missing pieces. The second DVD has little to nothing having to do with 90-90 aiming. It still contains valuable information about banking and kicking systems, but 90-90 is not involved.

I consider the information valuable and I will continue to try to improve my aiming with the system. I just think it could have been much easier to do if better planning and editing had been employed. For me, it is worth the money and the effort required.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm trying to make this too difficult

Ron V – 90/90 DVD.

Still struggling with these photos. Can you explain for example, why the tip placement is so different between numbers 7 and 13? In both diagrams, the CB is in the same place and the OBs are very close to being the same angle (but reversed). In number 7, the tip winds up at about a quarter ball off center to the outside of the OB. In number 13, it is centered on the OB.

Also, is it true that when pivoting, the cue tip only comes to the approximate center of the CB, while the more important thing is that the tip winds up pointing to the pictured spot on the OB? If that is true, how come it is never mentioned?

RonV

AIMING,BANKING,D.SYSTEMS
Silver Member
I think some how you started using the pix the wrong way.
Why won't anyone call me for help.
917 656 7189 Ron

thekaiserman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using the 90/90 since the 14 Expo and have found it easy to use and very accurate.
I am pocketing more and more balls everyday.
I called Ron several times and he was always eager to help me understand and use the system properly.
I love it and the people I am playing have noticed my improvement and have complemented me on my advancement.
I am not saying I have mastered it but I have found the more I use it the better it gets.
Thanks Ron for sharing your system with us.

RonV

AIMING,BANKING,D.SYSTEMS
Silver Member
Thank You,I wish there more like you who got the dvd and called me for help.The 90 is very easy to learn and very rewarding...

Ron Vitello

RonV

AIMING,BANKING,D.SYSTEMS
Silver Member
I’ve had the DVDs and book for several days now. I’ve gone over all of the material and done a few hours of practice. I’ll be practicing a lot more. Here are my impressions of the product.

First of all, I should say that Ron knows a lot about systems in general and 90-90 specifically.

I don’t think the lessons were well planned. I don’t think a preplanned script was followed. I don’t think there was a lot of editing after doing the recordings or after putting together the book. Things could have been explained and illustrated a lot more clearly. In my view, some important things were left out. One example is that there is no explanation or discussion of the diagrams included in the video. There are no details on how to line up for 90-90 aiming or what the player should see before pulling the trigger. The book has photos that are (apparently) illustrations of how the cue tip should be pointing after pivoting, but there is nothing in the video or the book explaining the intended use of those photos.

The good news is that the system is pretty simple relative to other pivot systems so less explanation is necessary. I do think that a dedicated user will be able to figure out the missing pieces. The second DVD has little to nothing having to do with 90-90 aiming. It still contains valuable information about banking and kicking systems, but 90-90 is not involved.

I consider the information valuable and I will continue to try to improve my aiming with the system. I just think it could have been much easier to do if better planning and editing had been employed. For me, it is worth the money and the effort required.
Fat man, you have every right to chop my system and what I didn't do.
But when you attack my film making which I did 43 years Ana cut about 4000 find and many you paid to see, you are out of line. Where did you get your knowledge on film. making? I was the second largest co. In my field. In NYC. Just to name a few,Mia Chuck Norris 1,2,3,4,5,.Death Wish 2,3,4,5,.All of John Claude Van Dam,Blood Sport etc.etc. You need to write an apology to me on AZB

You can put my name online with negative cutter and you will see a few

Ron Vitello

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear about my criticism. The quality of the filming/taping and film/tape editing was very good.

My criticism was about the completeness of the content – of both the DVD and of the book. In my view and as others have now said, some significant things are missing from both. Those details are in my earlier posts and therefore won’t be repeated here.

Last edited:

RonV

AIMING,BANKING,D.SYSTEMS
Silver Member
This to all who do not like what I did with the shabby information that I didn't give. First of all you are all right.
I shot just how I teach and was very successful in the teaching. I am sorry you few people are unhappy with it.
So what I suggest that all the people who are unhappy s nd that goes for everyone, please return your set with the book and so will return your money. I had a lot of problems shooting this. It does not matter what they were.
So I am thinking of stopping the sales of the 90 90. I don't have enough time in my life to explain everything.
So thank you y o all the people who did like it. And my phone is allways open to help you.
Thank you and good in your learning.
Well you broke my back and won't take anymore. Thanks for your honesty.
Your friends allways
Ron V m8

ottersbro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all Ron i found this aiming system very informative,easy to follow and accurate. Thank you for putting another weapon in my arsenal!!!

Just like my guns the only way your gonna get this video back is to pry it from my cold dead hands!!!!!!!!