BECUE at DCC - Derby City Classic

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make sure everyone gets a chance to try them out.

Nothing like trying something out before you buy it.

I think anyone who tries the Becue out will like the hit of it.

All of my other cues are staying in their cases, now that I've gotten used to this one.

I prefer my Prime shaft over my 5.1, but that is only because I use a closed bridge and prefer the Pro taper over the conical taper for bridging.

Attachments

• becue 1.jpg
    becue 1.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,260
  • becue 2.jpg
    becue 2.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,238
  • becue case.jpg
    becue case.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,250
Last edited:

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Demo items are the Shooting cue with either the 5.1 (Original shaft) or the Prime (Pro Taper), the cue extension and the Break Cue Dark Matter.

Just email, USABecueOfficial@gmail.com , me to set up a time or text 574-320-2438

Ricky Bryant

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 Days left- This is Thursday Morning - I'm available all day today, Friday and Saturday other than when final matches are going on. If you want to try the Becue shooting cue or Break Cue text or call 574-320-2438.

Also I will be in the Cincinnati are Sunday through Tuesday ( 28th through the 30th), available Sunday after I drive in from Derby and in the evening Monday and Tuesday after about 5 pm.

Ricky Bryant
USABecueOfficial@gmail.com

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What tip are you using on your shafts? Can you pls post some pics of the ferrule/tip area?

Make sure everyone gets a chance to try them out.

Nothing like trying something out before you buy it.

I think anyone who tries the Becue out will like the hit of it.

All of my other cues are staying in their cases, now that I've gotten used to this one.

I prefer my Prime shaft over my 5.1, but that is only because I use a closed bridge and prefer the Pro taper over the conical taper for bridging.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just received Dark Matter break cue and new prime shaft with Kamui medium tip installed.
It was torture to have to leave and go to work without giving them a formal inaugural spin.
I've been playing with BeCue for almost a year now and I'm working on an in-depth review of the various shafts/cues with over 350 hours of play/drills applied to the equipment.

But for a list of reviews by various AZ members and interview with the cue makers, here is an older thread to reference:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=442251&highlight=becue

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What tip are you using on your shafts? Can you pls post some pics of the ferrule/tip area?

1) The standard tip on the shooting cues, 5.1 and Prime shafts, is Ultraskin Hard or Medium
2) Other tips can be requested with a up charge as with any shaft
3) There is no Ferrule on these cues BUT there is a pressure pad between the tip and shaft.
4) The standard tip on the break cue, Dark Matter, is Samsara. Note I do have a break shaft setup with a Phenolic tip that people can try when I'm doing a demo

I see another user has posted pictures of the tip area

Ricky Bryant

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing!

What length did you choose for the prime shaft?

Re: the Dark Matter cue, what is the diameter of the tip & shaft? I’m sure the shafts diameter will gradually increase as it reaches the joint collar...

Just received Dark Matter break cue and new prime shaft with Kamui medium tip installed.
It was torture to have to leave and go to work without giving them a formal inaugural spin.
I've been playing with BeCue for almost a year now and I'm working on an in-depth review of the various shafts/cues with over 350 hours of play/drills applied to the equipment.

But for a list of reviews by various AZ members and interview with the cue makers, here is an older thread to reference:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=442251&highlight=becue

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info Ricky.

I’m curious as to why Becue’s default tip is a Hard tip...can you pls elaborate on this?

1) The standard tip on the shooting cues, 5.1 and Prime shafts, is Ultraskin Hard or Medium
2) Other tips can be requested with a up charge as with any shaft
3) There is no Ferrule on these cues BUT there is a pressure pad between the tip and shaft.
4) The standard tip on the break cue, Dark Matter, is Samsara. Note I do have a break shaft setup with a Phenolic tip that people can try when I'm doing a demo

I see another user has posted pictures of the tip area

Ricky Bryant

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am using Ultraskin softs on both my Prime shaft and my 5.1 shaft.

The 5.1 came with an Ultraskin medium (I think, but I prefer soft tips). I had it changed to the soft and ordered the Prime with the soft.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing!

What length did you choose for the prime shaft?

Re: the Dark Matter cue, what is the diameter of the tip & shaft? I’m sure the shafts diameter will gradually increase as it reaches the joint collar...

No problem Marky.

My prime shaft is 31". And the BeCue butt I play with is 31" as well.

The 5.1 shaft was the first one they released. It's a beefier shaft even though the standard tip size is 11.8mm...the conical taper gives the shaft more mass(stiffness)...so their default tip is an ultraskin medium tip on the 5.1.

After 6 months of taking reviews and input from players, from here on AZ to the euro players, the cue makers reworked the dimensions and came out with the prime shaft. The prime shaft has a pro taper to it (more gradual increase) and the tip diameter it 12.0mm...their default tip is an ultraskin hard for the prime. I suspect this is to make up for the loss in mass from the gradual taper, so you will get the same stiff hit as you would with the 5.1.

I will be tackling these aspects full on in my full review later on.
After putting in 8 months with 5.1(ultraskin medium), and 3 months with the prime (ultraskin hard tip), I now received a prime shaft with a Kamui black medium tip, so I have to put in the hours to actually form a complete review.

As for dark matter break cue....the balance is unlike anything I've held before right out of the box. The cue butt is shorter and forward weighted, as is the shaft (forward weighted)...so together you feel you are loaded up with power not just from the forward balance but because of the shorter butt, my grip hand is more compact and ready to deliver a precise yet powerful stroke to get an accurate full contact hit on the cue ball.

My battery died on my digital calipers, but it appears the tip diameter of Dark Matter is 12.75, and a conical taper.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info Ricky.

I’m curious as to why Becue’s default tip is a Hard tip...can you pls elaborate on this?

Sorry I don't have a real reason for the hard but that is what I have used for sometime or Medium. One of my customers had his changed to super soft and it hit great and really moved the cue ball with minimum effort.

Someone else asked about tip sizes, they are as follows:

5.1 Shaft 11.8mm
Prime Shaft 12mm
Dark Matter Shaft 12.5mm

Ricky Bryant

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the dark matter and love it. Would highly recommend to anyone.

I started breaking with it last night and was breaking them too hard with it, and not making the wing ball from the 9 ball rack. I had to let a little something off my break and it still broke like a beast.

The most notable first reaction was not feeling anything in my grip hand after multiple breaks.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monday January 29th I will be at Michael's Billiards 6625 Dixie Hwy k, Fairfield, OH 45014 around 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. If you want to try the Becue shooting cue or Dark Matter Break cue. Or call or message me at 574-320-2438

Ricky Bryant