This is going to be my next restoration project

dnbnt

Just a little "stituos"
Silver Member
OMG!!! That is some beautiful design and work on your part!!

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dave. I'll have another update around the holidays when I have some extra time to start on the next project!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Oh crap, I may have to level a criticism at what is probably the baddest rec room ever, but here goes.

And it's a minor one but it's to do with form over function.

I can remember way back when I used to enjoy playing a little table tennis that we would be getting our feet under the perimeter of the table fairly often during the normal course of play. The extremely cool looking apron you put on this table looks like it will not let your feet get where they might want to on some shots.

Do you find this to be true?

So based on that I am prepared to swap rec rooms with you immediately to spare you the torture of having a less than 1000% perfect room. :grin-square:

Watch, he's gonna tell me that these skirts are actually hinged so that during play they retract out of the way. :embarrassed2: :)

GREAT room! :thumbup:

best,
bran kc

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bran, great observation as you have played before. I thought about it before hand and after playing for the past several years, I have not noticed any restriction that close to the edge of the table. I personally tend to play about three feet out from the ends and it seems my opponents play even farther out as I'm always slamming my shots and it scares them :)

Now the Brunswick table has posed some minor issues with the stuff on the sides of the table. I've managed to snag my shorts once or twice on some of the decoration but that can be easily fixed. I'm going to modify a few pieces on it to eliminate that from happening for the most part.

Glad you like the overall theme so far. I wanted it to be different. So far, so good! :)

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope you don't play on the GC in the nude. You'ld look like that high jumper in the olympics that got whacked in the tallywacker (is that why it's sometimes called that?) as he went over the bar. I think that ended his competition. Mitch

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a minor update on the man cave project. I've been really busy with work so I haven't had a lot of spare time with the energy and motivation to start something new.

I've always been fond of the Simonis logo and decided to carve a one of a kind piece to hang on the wall. Here's the start thus far along with the color version that I plan to paint it in. the lions will be done in 23k gold leaf. It measures approximately 2' X 2'

I try to sit down and carve for an hour or so to break up my work day in front of the computer.

Attachments

• Simonis Carved.jpg
    Simonis Carved.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 739
  • simonis-crest_sldetail.jpg
    simonis-crest_sldetail.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 711

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truly an artist, I am thinking that this is more than just a man cave...It is a studio for your

creativity. Well done sir.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys. Just wish I could get more done sooner than later. About the time I complete it, I'll probably drop dead :) Should have started this when I was a younger man!

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Amazing room! I wish my game room looked like yours. I don't have a clue where to begin on decorating my room. Hats off to you!

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing room! I wish my game room looked like yours. I don't have a clue where to begin on decorating my room. Hats off to you!

Start with a theme that reflects something you really like and build on that. Ideas will come easier to you. If you can't afford to buy your decorations then make them on your own. Personally I prefer to create my decor. It's far more satisfying than buying stuff off the shelf.

And don't feel you have to do everything overnight. One piece at a time, and little buy little it all comes together..

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was last weekends addition. I had six 2x4 recessed fluorescent light fixtures that were ugly and too bright. I ripped out the bulbs and covered the openings with six lattice work panels that I cut from 1/8" black composite aluminum material..

I have plans for a single steampunk themed fixture over the center of the table.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 734

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This past weekend I installed a single unit 2' x 4' LED light over the Gandy and installed chrome leg levelers which raised the table to a comfortable 52" height for me. I'm tall and have problems with my back bending over when it was 3" lower.

The light is perfect for my old eyes. The next plan is to design a custom light box shade around the light with some kind of steampunk treatment. That shouldn't take very long to do and I might get started on it this week or next!

Attachments

• Gandy light and feet.jpg
    Gandy light and feet.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 694

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, I just finished the light box over the Gandy. I cobbled together various materials that I found in Home Depot and made the Illuminator placard. I was going for a certain look and feel to compliment the overall theme of the room.

On to the next project!!

Attachments

• Illuminator1.jpg
    Illuminator1.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 626
  • Illuminator2.jpg
    Illuminator2.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, I just finished the light box over the Gandy. I cobbled together various materials that I found in Home Depot and made the Illuminator placard. I was going for a certain look and feel to compliment the overall theme of the room.

On to the next project!!

Very nice. Who is your friend in the corner?:eek: