Cleaning revo shaft

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you guys cleaning your revo with. My old shafts it was a damp magic eraser, damp towel, then burnish. This I'm thinking a damp towel and then dry towel will be fine. I'm not buying those stupid revo wipes lol

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you guys cleaning your revo with. My old shafts it was a damp magic eraser, damp towel, then burnish. This I'm thinking a damp towel and then dry towel will be fine. I'm not buying those stupid revo wipes lol

All I do is go once down the shaft with any cloth, micro or not,
I happen to have a micro cloth in my case.

When I wear a glove - which I sometimes do even if it's a Revo - I just grab it at the joint and go once down it and that's all it takes.

That's all mine has needed. Been using it for hours and hours every day for about a month.

By the way I Love the original Predator tip.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use these for my eyewear and Revo cleaning. About $7.99 per box. Search for good prices. Sorry about the large picture.
Pre-Moistened Lens Towelettes - 64 Pack
California Accessories
4.5 out of 5 stars 25 customer reviews

Pre-Moistened Lens Towelettes - 64 Pack

Attachments

• 1500px.jpg
    1500px.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 1,698
  • Cal Clear.jpg
    Cal Clear.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,714
Last edited:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Other than the Predator Handi-Wipes? Which, BTW Predator highly recommends....
Last year at the APA Team event I was talking to the Predator guy about just that.
He told me to go the the CVS or Walgreens and pick up a box of alcohol wipes, about
$1.49 or so for 100. He told me that's all the Predator wipes were. They work great

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can get the revo wipes for free from Chick-fil-A.

Or an angle grinder should work too.

Last edited:

Stew_Pidaso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just use a damp paper towel that I bring back from drying my hands after washing them. Wipe it up and down a couple of times and its all good. Never had any issues and I have had the Revo for almost a year now.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Don't understand why you wouldn't get the wipes. Christ we spent 500 for the shaft alone, why not treat it's care right too.

Anyway, you can buy wipes that have the same alcohol content in them for some good prices I'm assuming.

I wipe mine down with a clean towel then the silky cloth provided with the shaft after any use at end of night. I only shoot 2 nights a week, so the 2nd night I do the same then use the wipes. I do have 2 Revo's so if I do them both at the same time 1 wipe lasts for both shafts.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use eyeglass cleaning pads I bought from Walmart for $3.99 for 100.

Me too, alcohol wipes by Zeiss. Perfect and cheap. The nice thing about a REVO is that it is NOT wood thus does not have the pores that get clogged with dirt.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lens cleaning wipes are really good, as they are amongst the lowest of abrasive cloths out there. Tissues and paper towels are very abrasive compared to the lens cleaning cloths.
Neil

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks I'll pick up some of the wipes.. Predator says the shaft is near indestructable so I wouldn't think a little abrasiveness on a paper towel should have much of an effect.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
I heard from a reputable Predator rep that they clean themselves after you put them in your case and go to sleep.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The excessive babying has already begun.

Just wipe it down with anything near by.
I've used the pool gloves, my t-shirt does fine, bathroom tissue, etc etc.

Only thing I don't use is anything with alcohol since I don't know how much alcohol content it has.

http://www.predatorcues.com/revo-faq/#ANCHOR15

How do you maintain or clean a REVO shaft’s surface?

Never use abrasives or chemicals on a REVO shaft; doing so will damage the shaft’s surface and performance. To clean a REVO shaft’s surface, simply brush off any exterior dirt with the supplied microfiber cleaning cloth, and then wipe the shaft with a REVO cleaning wipe or a soft cloth treated with isopropyl alcohol (90%).

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got myself a bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol today, because I couldn't find a 90% one.

As far as cleaning revo goes, is 90% (as stated in Predator's recommendation) better than 99%?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I got myself a bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol today, because I couldn't find a 90% one.

As far as cleaning revo goes, is 90% (as stated in Predator's recommendation) better than 99%?

You should be able to get 90% in wipes from Wal-Mart or a store like that. Not sure what the difference is between the 90 & 99%.