Who Really is the BEST Pool Hustler in the Country?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love the gambling part of pool and it's been a major part of my life since the 80s. In my travels I've partnered and gambled against some of the all time best. JR Weldon, Dalton, Vernon Elliot, "Frisco Jack," "Omaha John," "Surfer Rod," and many others including (who I think is #1) STRONG ARM JOHN.

Gambling on pool games require one important component ... A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION. This isn't about "woofing" at anyone, it's about muscling up and showing who really is THE BEST! We can also gamble at basketball, foot racing, tennis, golf, table tennis, foosball, "one handed pool," or any other proposition scenario Scooter and "S.A.John" can match up.

We do believe Scooter is the best "new generation" pool hustler, however he's not (imho) the best hustler in the Country.......Strong Arm John has that title and is willing to prove it where it counts - On the Green Felt for the Cash.

We have the perfect "win/win" scenario to prove who really is the best and give Scooter's crew the chance to make $20,000+ in 3 days or less. I will guarantee Scooter's crew will have the chance to win more than 20k.......if they can win.;)

We challenge Scooter to bring "his crew" to play "our crew" in Indianapolis for $20,000 (minimum entry fee) and must play and continue to "match up" until one crew has $40,000. This will be a HUGE feather in Scooter's hat and prove he really is #1. After the match we will shake hands and acknowledge the winner as "The Best Hustler of the Generations".

This is a friendly offer to "Play Some Pool Fast Eddie" (or Fast Scooter) ;)

Remember one thing, Scooter - 'The Real "Best Pool Hustler" Will Be Your Teacher'

click picture

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you, someone claiming to want to promote pool, equate gambling on a match to hustling? Just because some other guy did? Surely you must know the difference between the two.

Second, what makes you think that even if you won ONE match against him, that would make you the best gambler? Everyone loses once in a while. The best is the guy that wins more often than he loses. One match does nothing to determine the best at gambling.

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the kind of thing that I think pro pool could benefit from. For instance, if I was SVB, I'd be calling out the world's best. I'd be vocal, I'd be loud, I'd do whatever to get my opponent's and the pool world's attention. I'd even try to form a rivalry with certain players. It wouldn't even matter is there was no real rivalry or bad blood between us. Just like boxing, WWE, or western governments...you pitch two sides against one another even though they both really play for the same team and let all you monkey brains fight each other over our fake rivalry...leaving us players to divvy up all your cash. LOL! Anyway...it could give the pros the kick in the pants they need...to hell with all the organizations...their events, their rules, their baggage...the players could structure, organize and manage themselves.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would probably take 3 days for SA John to make the bet and at the pace he plays, another 3 days to complete the match.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
BRICKYARD BILLIARDS, one of the finest "huster spots" in the country.

I don't see why it wouldn't happen, it's exactly what every "pool hustler" dreams of.....a chance to turn 20k into 40, 60, or even 100k.

You know this is real, it would happen at Tommy's place there in Indy.....BRICKYARD BILLIARDS, one of the finest "huster spots" in the country......and Scooter knows there's a LOT of money to be won.......IF he can win.

I'm sure John will let me give them a handicap "they can't refuse"......or they can play anyone in our crew they can match a game up with.

Don't know if it will happen, but if it does I want to try to be there to sweat it.

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very interesting challenge. Of course it depends on who the players are in each "crew". Might be a great road trip to sweat or certainly stream. CJ,bring it to Dallas instead of IN !!! I am sure a lot of us hope you get it together so we can be there.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
we've drained many a bar/pool room in a matter of hours -this won't be much different

John does play slow, but he probably won't be the one "in the box".

"Strong Arm" does match up fast, we've drained many a bar/pool room in a matter of hours......this won't be much different.

It would probably take 3 days for SA John to make the bet and at the pace he plays, another 3 days to complete the match.

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member
Gah i think i just came a little...mosconi cup of hustlers for the world title of best group of degenerates - right up my alley. I would pay good money and travel a long way to see these guys match up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
STRONG ARM JOHN "The World's Greatest Pool Hustler"

We're not "gambling on a match," it's far more complex than that when you're up against someone like STRONG ARM JOHN "The World's Greatest Pool Hustler"

This isn't about "woofing" at anyone, it's about muscling up and showing who really is THE BEST! We can also gamble at basketball, foot racing, tennis, golf, table tennis, foosball, "one handed pool," or any other proposition scenario Scooter and "S.A.John" can match up.

Why would you, someone claiming to want to promote pool, equate gambling on a match to hustling? Just because some other guy did? Surely you must know the difference between the two.

Second, what makes you think that even if you won ONE match against him, that would make you the best gambler? Everyone loses once in a while. The best is the guy that wins more often than he loses. One match does nothing to determine the best at gambling.

crow

Caw Caw
Silver Member
I love the gambling part of pool and it's been a major part of my life since the 80s. In my travels I've partnered and gambled against some of the all time best. JR Weldon, Dalton, Vernon Elliot, "Frisco Jack," "Omaha John," "Surfer Rod," and many others including (who I think is #1) STRONG ARM JOHN.

Gambling on pool games require one important component ... A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION. This isn't about "woofing" at anyone, it's about muscling up and showing who really is THE BEST! We can also gamble at basketball, foot racing, tennis, golf, table tennis, foosball, "one handed pool," or any other proposition scenario Scooter and "S.A.John" can match up.

We do believe Scooter is the best "new generation" pool hustler, however he's not (imho) the best hustler in the Country.......Strong Arm John has that title and is willing to prove it where it counts - On the Green Felt for the Cash.

We have the perfect "win/win" scenario to prove who really is the best and give Scooter's crew the chance to make $20,000+ in 3 days or less. I will guarantee Scooter's crew will have the chance to win more than 20k.......if they can win.;)

We challenge Scooter to bring "his crew" to play "our crew" in Indianapolis for $20,000 (minimum bet) and must play and continue to "match up" until one crew has $40,000. This will be a HUGE feather in Scooter's hat and prove he really is #1. After the match we will shake hands and acknowledge the winner as "The Best Hustler of the Generations".

This is a friendly offer to "Play Some Pool Fast Eddie" (or Fast Scooter) ;)

Remember one thing, Scooter - 'The Real "Best Pool Hustler" Will Be Your Teacher'

click picture

I told scooter about this post he said exactly this in a text: "lol that's funny just ask cj Wiley one question... how much money has scooter robbed john for... A LOT!"

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
"The best is the guy with the most"

I would say in the last while Danny Smith is holding a lot more "other people's money" then most other players out there. He is managing to get big action and is winning.

Paul Newman is the teacher.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The best pool hustler in the country?
....nobody knows him.
He might be the guy who took all your cash last night....
...and you have absolutely no respect for him...
.....you probably think you can give him serious weight....
.......if only you had some money left.

FAMOUS pool hustler is a contradiction in terms.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Show alludes to 2,500.00 dollar bank roll.
And you want to 8bet them?20,000.00
The game is funny sometimes!

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
we had to prove it over and over and over and over and over

Anyone can claim to be the best, how many can actually back this statement up?

Scooter can't possibly think he can just "claim" to be the best without having to prove it......I know we had to prove it over and over and over and over and over before they considered us "one of the best".
1555619_10152143607609520_411548439_n.jpg

SA John's " crew " v. Billy I " crew" would be a very interesting match.