KC Cues

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Anybody know anything about them ??? See them on Ebay all the time and was wondering if anybody had any knowledge on them, opinions, good or bad ???

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one years ago off eBay, save your money, mine started rattling after a little use. The price was good, but it was a piece of junk.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
I bought one years ago off eBay, save your money, mine started rattling after a little use. The price was good, but it was a piece of junk.

LOL, Thanks Trav.... good info to know. I use to see them put some out with a no reserve auction but "valued" them at $499-$699, now all of a sudden they have the SAME cues out on Ebay for a Buy It Now at $999.00Their communication sucks and they never answer any of my questions I have sent them. When they had them at the no reserve auctions, I DID get one of the KC-5's for $57.00 but all I did was take it out the tube and look at it, it's been sitting for about a year now still in the same tube they shipped it to me in. At $57.00 bucks, maybe I'll make it my break cue with no concern if it gets destroyed,lol. Thanks again for the info.

Where in SC do you live at ??? Being in Augusta, I'm about 5 minutes from the Savannah River and the SC state line.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
The cues are made in Asia, the importer / seller represents them as being made in the USA by some Un-named Cue maker:rolleyes: bad deal all day long and the seller is dishonest!!!!!!!:mad:

Oh and by the way, the cues are Junk!!!!!:smile:

If you buy one of these cues you get what you deserve!!!!!!!:smile:

JIMO

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
The cues are made in Asia, the importer / seller represents them as being made in the USA by some Un-named Cue maker:rolleyes: bad deal all day long and the seller is dishonest!!!!!!!:mad:

Oh and by the way, the cues are Junk!!!!!:smile:

If you buy one of these cues you get what you deserve!!!!!!!:smile:

JIMO

As I stated, I bought one about a year ago but it is still sitting in the tube it was shipped to me in. I only paid $57.00 bucks SHIPPED to my door, I've seen some people pay more than that for a piece of chalk nowdays,lol. I could always have a nice pretty fire starter for only $57.00 bucks,lol. Hell, I've lost more than that in one game of pool so I don't feel TOO bad at $57.00 bucks. It's just been sitting in the corner for a year, unchalked, and was just curious. Thanks for the opinions (or rather facts), I don't feel like I got taken for the money I paid, even if I get to break with it only once.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL, Thanks Trav.... good info to know. I use to see them put some out with a no reserve auction but "valued" them at $499-$699, now all of a sudden they have the SAME cues out on Ebay for a Buy It Now at $999.00Their communication sucks and they never answer any of my questions I have sent them. When they had them at the no reserve auctions, I DID get one of the KC-5's for $57.00 but all I did was take it out the tube and look at it, it's been sitting for about a year now still in the same tube they shipped it to me in. At $57.00 bucks, maybe I'll make it my break cue with no concern if it gets destroyed,lol. Thanks again for the info.

Where in SC do you live at ??? Being in Augusta, I'm about 5 minutes from the Savannah River and the SC state line.

No problem at all man. As Manwon was saying, the seller says that these are custom cues from an "unknown maker". Yea man just use it as a break cue, great idea. I am in Abbeville, SC. I was in Augusta yesterday at The rack and grill 2 for their tournament. I am gonna try to make it back there next month. Do you ever play in that tournament or go there? That was my first time there but I liked the atmosphere and people.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
No problem at all man. As Manwon was saying, the seller says that these are custom cues from an "unknown maker". Yea man just use it as a break cue, great idea. I am in Abbeville, SC. I was in Augusta yesterday at The rack and grill 2 for their tournament. I am gonna try to make it back there next month. Do you ever play in that tournament or go there? That was my first time there but I liked the atmosphere and people.

Well damn..... NO, I haven't been to the Rack & Grill in a LONG time, BUT, I work right across the street at the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership named Milton Ruben Motors. I USE to hang out at the Rack ALL the time in my younger years, I didn't even know they had any tournaments going on there. I work 30 seconds from the place but live about 15 minutes away, next time you come up, send me a PM and I would love to come up there and meet you. I haven't actually played in so long I'm not tournament capable right now, it's been 13 years since I played seriously and in any tournaments. I work every other weekend across the street but have every OTHER weekend off, which this weekend was my weekend off and could have easily come up there. Shoot me a PM, would love to meet up with you there one weekend.

Lee

Roadie

Banned
They are made in the USA and no one can prove otherwise, circumstantial evidence be damned. Contact the poster here known as.......I am sorry I forgot his handle. Go to the case review section and look it up on the 2x3 Wave Case thread. That poster claims that the cues are made in the USA and for a while was touting one of them as the best break cue he ever played with.

I have no direct experience with them. But the advertising methods are deceptive-looking at best. There are hundreds of cue brands with reputable dealers and makers behind them that I would look at before KC Cues.

12ozCurl

Banned
They are made in the USA and no one can prove otherwise, circumstantial evidence be damned. Contact the poster here known as.......I am sorry I forgot his handle. Go to the case review section and look it up on the 2x3 Wave Case thread. That poster claims that the cues are made in the USA and for a while was touting one of them as the best break cue he ever played with.

I have no direct experience with them. But the advertising methods are deceptive-looking at best. There are hundreds of cue brands with reputable dealers and makers behind them that I would look at before KC Cues.

Well that guy is full of shit....

There is a gold Made in China sticker on the inside of the KC cue I got for my father in law to play with. Its small and oval and gold, and ring where the bumper is.

I'll take a picture tomorrow when the locksmith gets here. I locked my keys in my workshop when I was putting my rods away. Thats what I get for drinking and fishing!

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member

Roadie...... I'm not gonna contact anyone else on here about them, I've got the info I was seeking right here and that's good enough for me. Also, I KNOW there are a ton of other reputable dealer to look at, but please read my above post, I bought one OVER a year ago for $57.00 SHIPPED to my door, still brand new and unchalked, still in the tube it was shipped to me in. I've lost more than that in one pool game so I don't feel I lost much, even if I have to use it as a fire starter. I just wanted some opinions is all and they were answered quite honestly in this thread.

Roadie

Banned
Roadie...... I'm not gonna contact anyone else on here about them, I've got the info I was seeking right here and that's good enough for me. Also, I KNOW there are a ton of other reputable dealer to look at, but please read my above post, I bought one OVER a year ago for $57.00 SHIPPED to my door, still brand new and unchalked, still in the tube it was shipped to me in. I've lost more than that in one pool game so I don't feel I lost much, even if I have to use it as a fire starter. I just wanted some opinions is all and they were answered quite honestly in this thread.

I was being facetious. The cues are made in China. For 57 dollars you probably paid about double what it is worth but certainly no where to the hundreds that the importer is trying to get using illegal advertising practices.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Well that guy is full of shit....

There is a gold Made in China sticker on the inside of the KC cue I got for my father in law to play with. Its small and oval and gold, and ring where the bumper is.

I'll take a picture tomorrow when the locksmith gets here. I locked my keys in my workshop when I was putting my rods away. Thats what I get for drinking and fishing!

LOL, as long as you caught some fish, it don't matter.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

Yes I know the individual you are talking about, but I also forgot his name and if the truth be known I don't want to have a conversation with that individual again!!!!!:D:banghead:

I have a feeling he is bed with the manufacturer of the KC cues@

JIMO

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well damn..... NO, I haven't been to the Rack & Grill in a LONG time, BUT, I work right across the street at the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership named Milton Ruben Motors. I USE to hang out at the Rack ALL the time in my younger years, I didn't even know they had any tournaments going on there. I work 30 seconds from the place but live about 15 minutes away, next time you come up, send me a PM and I would love to come up there and meet you. I haven't actually played in so long I'm not tournament capable right now, it's been 13 years since I played seriously and in any tournaments. I work every other weekend across the street but have every OTHER weekend off, which this weekend was my weekend off and could have easily come up there. Shoot me a PM, would love to meet up with you there one weekend.

Lee
I definitely will man. It was at the rack and grill 2 I believe on Tim Padgett why. I am not sure where the other Rack and Grill is located. I will definitely shoot you a pm if we make it back next month. :smile:

SOULHASSORROW

MoreTROLLSonAZthanWarcrft
Silver Member
I bought a KC off ebay for $160 and I went to the pawn shop and I showed them a listing on ebay for the same cue but the seller wanted $1600 lol. Pawn shop gave me $275 for the cue. KC cues are good for ripping pawn shops off, but that's about it LOL!!!

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
I definitely will man. It was at the rack and grill 2 I believe on Tim Padgett why. I am not sure where the other Rack and Grill is located. I will definitely shoot you a pm if we make it back next month. :smile:

Damn..... I've lived in this town my whole life of 42 years and never heard of a Rack and Grill TWO. There is a MIKE Padgett highway (never heard of TIM Padgett), but that is on the other side of town from the original Rack and Grill. I'll have to check into that one.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
I bought a KC off ebay for $160 and I went to the pawn shop and I showed them a listing on ebay for the same cue but the seller wanted $1600 lol. Pawn shop gave me $275 for the cue. KC cues are good for ripping pawn shops off, but that's about it LOL!!!

LMAO.... That's good to know, hell if I get $100 bucks for it I almost doubled my money,lol.

Roadie

Banned

Never thought of that angle.

Brain71

Railbird
Gold Member
Silver Member
I swear this is a true story. I was at the 1st annual Gem City Classic (Johnny's tournament) in Atlanta. They were having the tournament with a cue and case show. Anyway, a guy was there with 2 Kikel cues and 1 KC cue. He swore up and down that the KC was a Dave Kikel and that "KC" was Kikel's new logo, Kikel Cues. I laughed and tried to bet my car and everything I had in my pockets. He about bit my head off telling my I new nothing about cues or who makes them. Anyway, "KC" cues are supposedly made in the USA by a guy named Jim Chao. I say supposedly because I don't know for sure. They are not high quality cues and for $57 you did good.