Can anybody help Identify this cue?

jeffm

Registered
Can't seem to post photos

Went on three times and posted photos - they only show up on a 'private'?? page and not on the group thread. I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. ;-)

jeffm

Registered
If it IS a pre-catalog Palmer, it would be a Model F.
Quick question... the photo of the 'flyer' on Classic Cues' site has a dated price list from May 1966 showing cue models A - H. How does that reconcile with the so-called "first catalog" which was alleged to have been produced in 1965? Just curious. Oh, and this model F or model 3 example is apparently early due to the dimple in the brass joint screw. I guess the notched MOP diamonds in the ebony points were a custom feature.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick question... the photo of the 'flyer' on Classic Cues' site has a dated price list from May 1966 showing cue models A - H. How does that reconcile with the so-called "first catalog" which was alleged to have been produced in 1965? Just curious. Oh, and this model F or model 3 example is apparently early due to the dimple in the brass joint screw. I guess the notched MOP diamonds in the ebony points were a custom feature.

The so-called "Pre-Catalog" did not surface until after the later catalogs were already being referenced as the First, Second, and Third catalogs, so in describing the early official days of the company, the term First Catalog Era was used.

There was no hard and fast beginning and end date of models being produced and that is well documented in various places. For example, Model 20s were being made long before the Third Catalog was printed.

Speaking of catalogs, there is even a "last" catalog that few have seen and for the most part, with good reason.

Last edited:

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huh, never seen veneers taper to nothing like that, very interesting.
Is that a standard way Palmer did veneers?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would like to know about that myself.

It is what made me pass up the cue.

Oh yes...and I am stooopid. :embarrassed2::p:sorry:

Still kicking myself.....

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to know about that myself.

It is what made me pass up the cue.

Oh yes...and I am stooopid. :embarrassed2::p:sorry:

Still kicking myself.....

Pretty unique. I've sitting here thinking about how that would be done, granted I have limited knowledge on cue building, but... sure seems like it would be a pain in the ass to get right!

swami4u

Banned
Come on all you experts. I joke, kinda...

It's an Abe Rich

I stayed at an hoilday.....last night so I could be wrong. Joint tells me Rich

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not mitered

The veneers are not mitered, one is glued on top of the other, if this is what you are
talking about.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The veneers are not mitered, one is glued on top of the other, if this is what you are
talking about.

I see how that explains the point. And I understood that when I saw it.

But as the veneers progress from the tip of the point toward the wrap they disappear. That's what I don't get.

Both features looked "substandard" for a "good cue" to me so I steered away.

As I said....I am stoopid. :p:eek::grin-square: