Reload this Page BD Cues and the SS360
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
BD Cues and the SS360
Old
  (#1)
str8shot
Crack Em' Hard
str8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond reputestr8shot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

BD Cues and the SS360 - 04-16-2014, 05:19 PM

Recently I was PM'd by Bob Danielson about trying out one of his cues with the SS360 shaft. He did this after I was posting looking for a cue builder that would be willing to make me a cue and match up some OB Classic shafts to it, not sure if it was correlated. I was taken back by the offer because nothing like this has ever happened to me, but I stepped up to the plate and said I will give it unbiased try, I have been an OB and standard maple shaft user for quite some time. This is what he sent me:

This cue is beautiful in its own unique way. The butt is his 6 piece set up which looked to be alternating cocobolo and bocote, this created a very unique contrast. The wrap on the cue is black linen with green specs that felt nice in the hands, this says a lot coming from a wrapless cue shooter. The only thing that upset me about the look of the butt was the fact that the butt cap and the joint colors didn't match, but that is me being OCD lol.

On to the playing points of the cue, specs are as follows:
Butt weight: 15.18 oz
Shaft weight: 3.69 oz
Tip Diameter: 12.88mm
Tip: I believe it was a Kamui Brown Medium but I am sure Bob will chime in on that.
Pin: 3/8-10 G10

This cue was very spunky as far as playing, it would make whitey do whatever I told it to and consistently! The feel was great with no noticed vibration that you would get from a standard shaft but yet it had that same solid feel. The only way I can describe it is this, it has the feel and hit of a one piece with the accuracy and playability of LD. When he sent me this cue it was a super easy transition from my Frey with an OB Classic to this cue.

The fit and finish of Bob's cues are amazing and well thought out and he has one heck of a product for the money. I recommend that you check him out if you are in the market for a new cue or LD shaft give BDCues/ss360 a try you wont be disappointed by the options available for cues and shaft dimensions.

www.bdcuesandcomix.com

And I would like to thank Bob again for this opportunity!

Shooter: Pure X HXTSN with the HXT skinny shaft
Breaker: J&J JB
Case: JB Rugged 2x5/3x4
Awaiting patiently.....My new Pierce

Old
  (#2)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?
Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

04-16-2014, 05:56 PM

I really liked this cue when u sent me pics of it looks even better in these pics I really need too try one of these cues and shafts looks great thanks for the post buddy

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

"Billiards is the well developed art of thinking ahead. Its not only a game, but first and foremost a demanding sport, which requires good stamina, the logical thinking of a chess player, and the stable hand of a concert pianist."

Thanks Jordan
Old
  (#3)
bdcues
AzB Silver Member

bdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Thanks Jordan - 04-18-2014, 07:35 AM

Thanks for the review and kind words and yes, not everyone is a fan of non-traditional looking cues and most of my cues do have matching collar. Also working on my first SS collared cues for those that like the forward balance.
Anyway, was glad to send you the cue to test drive.
Many thanks,
Bob

The founding fathers set in place a system where every man was King and every President, including George Washington, has worked to take your rights away, to tax you into slavery, to divide you on political/social and economic lines and to make sure you never find out that your ancestors were King for a day.

Bob Danielson
Check out our newly updated website -
www.bdcuesandcomix.com
bob@bdcuesandcomix.com

Old
  (#4)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?
Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcues View Post
Thanks for the review and kind words and yes, not everyone is a fan of non-traditional looking cues and most of my cues do have matching collar. Also working on my first SS collared cues for those that like the forward balance.
Anyway, was glad to send you the cue to test drive.
Many thanks,
Bob
very cool thing u did bob

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

"Billiards is the well developed art of thinking ahead. Its not only a game, but first and foremost a demanding sport, which requires good stamina, the logical thinking of a chess player, and the stable hand of a concert pianist."

Old
  (#5)
theone77
AzB Silver Member
theone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond reputetheone77 has a reputation beyond repute

04-13-2015, 01:16 PM

waiting for my SS360/2 shaft and will post the review afterwards

Waiting For My SS 360/2 as well!
Old
  (#6)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
Waiting For My SS 360/2 as well! - 04-13-2015, 06:49 PM

Boy,
I really hope it will be worth this 4 month wait! I paid BD cues 4 months ago for a shaft... I was told I would have it by March, here it is almost mid-April!
Bob is a nice guy and I really hope the shaft is worth this wait! I will be sure to let you all know how the ss 360 holds up to my Tiger Pro-X, Jacoby Edge, Mezz Pro II, and OB Pro Plus. Thats my ranking from best (Tiger) to worst (OB). actually Predators are worse then the new OB Pro Plus (which is just a bad imitation of the Tiger Pro-X.) I am really hope to put the SS 360 at the Top of this list! If it ever gets here!
Mike Murphy

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Old
  (#7)
Baxter
Out To Win
Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

04-17-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone77 View Post
waiting for my SS360/2 shaft and will post the review afterwards
Same here.

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde

Old
  (#8)
RSCA HOOLIGAN
AzB Silver Member
RSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond reputeRSCA HOOLIGAN has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2015, 12:24 AM

Buying a BD cue is the best decision i've ever made , his cues play lights out .

Old
  (#9)
RADAR
AzB Silver Member
RADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond repute

04-21-2015, 06:00 PM

HAVE ONE ON ORDER A SURE YOU GUYS THESE CUES PLAY. TRIED JUST SHAFTS OUT ON ANOTHER BUTT AND VERY IMPRESSED WITH PLAYABILITY!

Old
  (#10)
Baxter
Out To Win
Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond reputeBaxter has a reputation beyond repute

04-24-2015, 02:26 AM

My Bob Danielson SS360-2 shaft showed up at my door today. I had this shaft made to my specs: 30", 12.5mm, with a thin black collar. I'll play with it this weekend and give my initial thoughts, then post another review in 4-6 weeks after I've had plenty of time to adjust. I have been playing with an OB2, and played with a Tiger X Pro before that. I also have limited experience playing with a Z2, 314-2, and OB1 on a friends cue.

Old
  (#11)
RADAR
AzB Silver Member
RADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond reputeRADAR has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter View Post
my bob danielson ss360-2 shaft showed up at my door today. I had this shaft made to my specs: 30", 12.5mm, with a thin black collar. I'll play with it this weekend and give my initial thoughts, then post another review in 4-6 weeks after i've had plenty of time to adjust. I have been playing with an ob2, and played with a tiger x pro before that. I also have limited experience playing with a z2, 314-2, and ob1 on a friends cue.
lets hear how cue plays?

Old
  (#12)
Baxter
Out To Win

05-19-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADAR View Post
lets hear how cue plays?
The shaft plays well. I like how it plays better than the Tiger and OB shafts.

Last edited by Baxter; 07-10-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Love it!
Old
  (#13)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
Love it! - 07-08-2015, 02:45 PM

Play's way better then the new "Plus" OB's! Or any OB's
Its a close match too the Tiger Pro-X.
It is much better then any Predators!
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Old
  (#14)
AlexandruM
AzB Silver Member
AlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-08-2015, 11:28 PM

So how long it takes to have build a basic BD cue with a SS360 shaft?

Baxter, your review worries me, I want to order a BD cue, now I'm not so sure. I'm from Europe so any issue with cue will be expensive to fix, if I should send the cue back.

Do other members had fresh experiences with BD?

Romanian Pool Blog

Old
  (#15)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member

Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

07-09-2015, 09:04 AM

That sucks Baxter. I hope you and Bob have resolved the issue by now.
I'd love to try one of his shafts. It's the only laminated shaft out there I care to try.

Cold silence
has a tendency
to atrophy any
sense of compassion

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: