lets talk locker rentals

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so , in an effort to get the "behind the counter" space back from people who want to just throw there cues back there for us to trip over every day ,im looking into getting some lockers put in the room.
theres probably 20 cues back here....some are employees but most are members.

it would cost me about 1500 for 13 lockers.
I was thinking 10$ a month would be more then fair. the lockers pay themselves off after 1 year or so, and id get my space back.

who has locker rentals and give me some input on your thoughts on the subject.

good day , tron

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lockers.....................

Place i used to play at had lockers, $100/year. Make sure you make 'em big enough. Some of the newer/longer cases wouldn't fit at the place i went to. Also, i'd have ALL renters sign a waiver as to losses, etc. unless your policy covers that happening.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lockers

My room gets $25 a year. A relative bargain and a big convenience.
They are wooden and look like mailboxes in a post office. Not big enough for a case as they are not long enough. Great for keeping a spare cue or two.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My room gets $25 a year. A relative bargain and a big convenience.
They are wooden and look like mailboxes in a post office. Not big enough for a case as they are not long enough. Great for keeping a spare cue or two.
Wow. That's a helluva deal for a years rental.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Salt city just burned a month or so ago - not sure of the damage, water I think. Something to think about.
Jason

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Salt city just burned a month or so ago - not sure of the damage, water I think. Something to think about.
Jason

Just make a form up that absolves your room of all liability in the case of damage. Put a camera over the lockers for peace of mind

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
The room i play out of has about 30 lockers and they're adding more. And they do not charge any fees to rent a locker. One of the players in the room is a very handy carpenter/cabinet maker and he had built them for the owner. i'll take some pictures of them the next time i'm there.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
One place charged me $30 per year. Another was charging $75 a year, $130 for two years. The latter had tons of league players, so their 300 or so lockers were constantly rented out.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Place i used to play at had lockers, $100/year. Make sure you make 'em big enough. Some of the newer/longer cases wouldn't fit at the place i went to. Also, i'd have ALL renters sign a waiver as to losses, etc. unless your policy covers that happening.

As a potential user I would not leave my cue in a locker unless it were covered. Something to chew on.

That should be covered in the fee.

Also consider that any waiver of liability signed in advance is generally on shaky ground anyway.

I wish my local room rented lockers.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just make a form up that absolves your room of all liability in the case of damage. Put a camera over the lockers for peace of mind

Room owners should consult a lawyer. Any such a waiver is on shaky legal ground anyway. Placing cameras implies you are taking responsibility and actually supports any claim of your liability.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Having liability waiver in the rental contract didn't deter my local poolhall from having a wait list.

A couple of years ago one of the renter forgot his key, as a favor the manager allowed him to use the master key to put away his cue. Next time he came back to play, it was missing. He was drunk at the time, and may have put it in the wrong locker. Waiver in the rental contract covered the poolhall.

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made the lockers available to the "regulars" for free (just like letting them throw their cues behind the counter). I would caution you to only make them available to customers you know. You also need to make sure they only store pool cues and cases and nothing that would get your room in trouble. You know the customers that are shaky. Just keep an eye on them.

Hot Pockets

Registered
so , in an effort to get the "behind the counter" space back from people who want to just throw there cues back there for us to trip over every day ,im looking into getting some lockers put in the room.
theres probably 20 cues back here....some are employees but most are members.

it would cost me about 1500 for 13 lockers.
I was thinking 10$ a month would be more then fair. the lockers pay themselves off after 1 year or so, and id get my space back.

who has locker rentals and give me some input on your thoughts on the subject.

good day , tron

I just posted my cue cases and one of them has lockets built in. Might check it out in the for sale forum.