Karl Boyes talking crap

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I suspect a whole lot of the woofing between Earl and Karl was contrived for ratings...it seemed to get WAY too much mention during the commentary. No doubt the "jerk factor" is high with all concerned; but the way the commentators kept bringing it up seemed like hype.

Pretty crazy story about MC...first time I read it I thought how rude that Karl grabbed his crotch in front of a lady...then I re-read it and realized it wasn't his crotch! :eek:

So would it be safe to assume that the players are pretty much all friends and any of the talked about "wolfing" and "shit talking" is all in fun and the personal rivalries and animosity are contrived for the benefit of the fans?

I don't think it's contrived. Karl genuinely doesn't like Earl's attitude. But of course the commentators wanted to milk it for effect as much as possible.

I think that otherwise SOME of the trash talk is contrived for the "show". Like the trash talking in Bonus Ball for example. Most of these guys really do get along well and for sure most of them respect each other's games.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Martin Luther King said, "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

I have received many communications from members of this forum who feel the opposite as you do.

I'm no biased and not in any trouble, and I don't bet what I cannot afford. I'd venture to guess I know more about pool than you will ever know, without ever having to pick up a cue.

Have a nice day. :)

I am sure you have some fans but have seen in this thread alone you do frustrate many others with you biased view and lack of knowledge

I venture to guess I have forgot more than you know about pool by unfortunately viewing several of your posts.

additionally, Earl won lots and we cannot ignore that but do you not realize that the game in the 80s 90s especially was far weaker than it is now? US open was played by mostly americans now you have an international field. (that's why I think is 2003 WCship was the most impressive

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I don't think it's contrived. Karl genuinely doesn't like Earl's attitude. But of course the commentators wanted to milk it for effect as much as possible.

I think that otherwise SOME of the trash talk is contrived for the "show". Like the trash talking in Bonus Ball for example. Most of these guys really do get along well and for sure most of them respect each other's games.

Earl has some issues and everyone is aware of them, but if it's like Pink Lady says, well then Karl sounds like he has his own issues and is a bit of a Pr1ck himself

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure you have some fans but have seen in this thread alone you do frustrate many others with you biased view and lack of knowledge

I venture to guess I have forgot more than you know about pool by unfortunately viewing several of your posts.

additionally, Earl won lots and we cannot ignore that but do you not realize that the game in the 80s 90s especially was far weaker than it is now? US open was played by mostly americans now you have an international field. (that's why I think is 2003 WCship was the most impressive

Read some of my earlier posts about Earl's wins in America from 2005 to 2006, namely the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship, before you speak. You really should gather facts before you spew out your words of so-called "wisdom." That topic was discussed many years ago by me and others; in fact, I was the one that brought it up. :grin-square:

I see you have just joined in August of 2014. Amazing how well you know me on this forum for such a newbie.

Oh, I know. You were a lurker for a long time before you joined. Yeah, that's the ticket. ;)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I see you have just joined in August of 2014. Amazing how well you know me on this forum for such a newbie.

Oh, I know. You were a lurker for a long time before you joined. Yeah, that's the ticket. ;)

Amazing how many "long time lurkers" know so much about you, isn't it? :p

Reactions: JAM

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoa, now! Let's not get carried away here. Earl is a certified, genuine, thoroughbred pool champion with many titles on his portfolio, who is still, by the way, competing at a high level with enough firepower to get him on the Mosconi Cup and World Cup.
Don't tickle the trout this morning, Doug. I'm not in the mood. :grin-square:

You have rumbled me today Jen

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Losing or winning gracefully requires humility. Champions have it. Karl is still young. He may still aquire this trait as time goes on. :)

I thought this too. The puppy barkin' up the dog B/C he thinks the dog is weak. truth is: the dog is meek. (yes, there's a difference)

They actually have something in common: they both talkers ! :grin:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have rumbled me today Jen

Out of all the people on this forum, you are the last person I would want to rumble. Let's go back to purring in unison. :cool:

I happen to think you're the cat's meow and have a great deal of respect, love, and admiration for you. :yes:

And you better know that, dag nab it. :wub:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought this too. The puppy barkin' up the dog B/C he thinks the dog is weak. truth is: the dog is meek. (yes, there's a difference)

They actually have something in common: they both talkers ! :grin:

True dat. Well said! :D

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's 32. That's not really "young" anymore.

I don't know. If only I know when I was 32 what I know today, I think I would handle some things differently. Life's experience has a funny way of changing one's outlook on life, I guess. ;)

In the pool world, however, I think 32 may be the average age of a player's prime, statistically speaking, though you have Earl and Efren still shooting a very high levels, a level which some players never, ever reach, no matter how many years they've been hitting 'em.

I will say that when one reaches the celebrity ranking, if I may call it that, it can make or break you. Look at Justin Bieber. What a mess! Then look at Taylor Swift. What a sweetie pie! :p

It's all in how you handle it. I haven't seen Shane ever act untoward or misbehave. He is quite humble. When Efren wins a tournament, he doesn't say, "I beat him again." He says, "I got lucky." Everybody has their own style, and I'm sure as Karl continues along his pool journey, he'll develop his own style, as well. :cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing how many "long time lurkers" know so much about you, isn't it? :p

As Keith is wont to saying, "When I die, I hope I come back as a pool ball, and then can give all those salamanders a bad roll." :rotflmao:

ceodynamo

Have cue will travel
Silver Member
Here is the reason why Karl Boyes and every other European player on Earth hates Earl.

1) In Europe pool is considered a SPORT.
2) If it's a sport then the participants are suppose to be and act like Sportsmen. This is a big deal in Europe.
3) Earl, has on maybe two or three thousand occasions displayed un-sportsmanlike conduct.
4) Therefore, to them Earl's an asshole.

End of story.

Ok I like to watch European Football aka Soccer and those Athletes are some of the poorest sports ever. flop here, flop there, cry to the ref, kick someone in the legs on purpose, head butt to the chest etc..... so don't act like all European sportsman are just that "sportsman" everyone is chippy and has an ego because when you compete at such a high level you have to be.

Also I have seen you best player, in Appleton, cry like a little baby playing in match's. Earl is not the only one who has antics. Done with that argument.

They played a doubles match with a SHORT race and the USA lost by 2 games. Hardly a true test given all the variables in such a match.

I didn't concoct anything. Earl is the house pro at Society Billiards in NYC and no one is barred from playing him there. Shane stepped up and played as have several others.

I don't care if they play pocket pool on the subway just let them match up. Most professional players have said at one time or another that ten ball on the ten footer is the most challenging pool game. So if Karl believes that as well then he should have no problem stepping up and easily dispatching washed-up Earl Strickland.

In other words, Karl Boyes should OFFER to take on Earl on Earl's home court if Karl thinks Earl can't get there. What better way to settle it than to go to the guy's room and beat him there.

Firstly, settle what? :confused:

Secondly, wasn't it you who was bragging about beating lou the first time you played him, in a race to, er, two? A true test indeed.

Karl is a champion and from what i have seen, a jerk.

If someone tells me i can't play - during a damn televised match - and i go on to beat him, im going to rip him to shreds at every opportuniy i get.

You lot are more nuts than earl himself - and even worse losers.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read some of my earlier posts about Earl's wins in America from 2005 to 2006, namely the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship, before you speak. You really should gather facts before you spew out your words of so-called "wisdom." That topic was discussed many years ago by me and others; in fact, I was the one that brought it up. :grin-square:

I was readily viewing and laughing at many of your idiotic posts for a long time. I never sensed the need to post until a topic that bothered me came up and there were no people who were at the incident giving accurate information.

hence I said earl win in 03 was very impressive because of field.
back to the original; boyesy versus Strickland on the 10foot since earl has already "proven" apparently that he is the daddy on that table. I see Boyesy humiliating him on that equipment

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ignorance is bliss ,, you obviously don't know much ,,,