Aim System? What does Johan Ruijsink use?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello again.
I watched your YouTube videos of you shooting shot #1 from Bert Kinnister's tape "60 Minute WorkOut for 9 Ball".
You probably didn't know that's what it was, but whoever taught you that was certainly teaching you the correct thing.
I was one Bert's first customers long, long, ago. He is absolutely right about that straight in with a pure center ball hit being the most important shot in pool and it WILL build a stroke where there is no stroke. Being consistent at executing it from all over the table, from different distances, carries your game a long way. I still shoot that shot 100 times every single day.
His "60 Minute Workout" will make you a killer in all games...not just 9-Ball.
If you combine that with a RELIABLE, REPEATABLE, aiming method (I use CTE because it has a better percentage)....your game is going to skyrocket. Honest, it will.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

I did not know about Bert's lessons. This all came from my teacher. I practice on this shot at all distances and all speeds about every other day. Its a wonderful thing for safeties also!

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neil, I'm going to have to disagree with you a little on that one.
I have an ophthalmologist who is a dynamite brit snooker player and he's helped me.
I was having trouble seeing a shot standing up and then when I got down into shooting position, the shot did not look the same and I started tinkering with it and ended up with a LOT of unexplainable misses.
He said as we age, (I am up there) our vision changes in various ways and especially our depth perception. He diagnosed this as my problem and recommended getting down first like he does and then adjusting.
That was no problem anymore for me when I became a CTE user because I got the perceptions standing up and then went down right into the proper line. No guessing.
Many people, I assume, are not serious enough about their pool game to get a diagnosis from a doctor on this matter.
Just thought I'd toss that out.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

You may not realize it, but you actually agreed with me.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou,

If ten experienced 1 pocket players are teaching 10 novice friends straight-in shots.....ALL of the players to include yourself are going focus your instruction on what to see, which is center to center and what to align to which is the CCB for the c to c alignment. If some of the friends can't see c to c with a little work then they need to find another game.
CTE is nothing more than teaching a player to see a line that represents an accurate perception....From there, it's align to a defined center.....its the same deal that the 1 pocket players just taught to their friends, it's tougher at first because it's odd and and different but it becomes dead simple EASIER THAN ALIGNING TO A STRAIGHT-IN in your world. AND ITS FOR EVERY STINKING SHOT.

Stan Shuffett

I sorry if I wasn't clear enough but I was talking about "average to better players." IOWs guys that I play even or close to even for money.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blaming stroke issues and bad alignment on the eyes not being able to see a straight line is a poor excuse.

I was talking about a very simple lines. Why wouldn't an experienced player be able to hit it?

My point is that all these lines are seen differently, and not always perfectly, by different players. An aiming system which requires a player to see lines that are completely subjective -- because players see things differently -- is... problematic.

Lou Figueroa

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
OMG! Here is the aiming system that I want. Johan Ruijsink, The new coach of the American Mosconi pool team. Watch "The Billiard Brothers" on Youtube and see what his students can do. Does any of us wonder what kind of "aiming system" he teaches? Thank God we have a coach that can promote our players!
I am wondering when they will meet with the team and where?

Aiming is not their problem.
Teaching them aiming would be going backwards .
If you watch their workout video, it's really what should be taught.
Going from point A to point B after pocketing the ball.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If my systems don't help you, you play at a pro or semi-pro level. And I am unanimous in that! :)

How do you know that I, or anyone else, can successfully deploy your system?

What do you know about how I shoot pool? How I see the balls? How I stand at the table? How I get into shooting position? My mechanics to execute a shot?

And how is your system going to potentially change and effect all of that? Do you realize that your system could leave me, and anyone else, worse off?

Lou Figueroa

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
How do you know that I, or anyone else, can successfully deploy your system?

What do you know about how I shoot pool? How I see the balls? How I stand at the table? How I get into shooting position? My mechanics to execute a shot?

And how is your system going to potentially change and effect all of that? Do you realize that your system could leave me, and anyone else, worse off?

Lou Figueroa

Your game will go up two balls overnight .

Last edited: