Ronnie Alcano cues at US Open Warm Up

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It def was diff looking almost like those diamonwood jump cues that are vibrant colors. His was almost like cherry or dark reddish but besides the color I didn't get the Delong it played significantly different like you did I mean the guy won the tournament with it and that's gotta be one of the strongest "warm up" tournaments in the world if u can even call a double elimination race to 7 with multiple world class and dozens of other professionals.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
It sure is not pretty.

I have a few shafts from you that is dark and ugly but not close to Ronnie's. one shaft with radial thread, no insert and weights in at 4.6oz, I am shooting with it while waiting for my ebony :).

It def was diff looking almost like those diamonwood jump cues that are vibrant colors. His was almost like cherry or dark reddish but besides the color I didn't get the Delong it played significantly different like you did I mean the guy won the tournament with it and that's gotta be one of the strongest "warm up" tournaments in the world if u can even call a double elimination race to 7 with multiple world class and dozens of other professionals.

I like the format, short races but they gotta play all day, match after match, consistency is key.

You may notice Ronney cue does not generate a wide angle after contact (angle of cueball and object ball movement directions), and it seems drawing cue ball is heavier and he under-hit at times. this can be an advantage on a new smooth table but will be a burden on a old cloth.

I would say he's using kielwood shafts. Does he use a Diveney?

not sure what cue, he changes often.