Revo shaft- plug and redrill?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just because you don't "like" the Revo shaft doesn't mean it's not a very viable, well-made shaft. They play extremely well, and have become the main playing shaft for many people. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Well, OK, I don't like the REVO shafts, IMHO it's a bit of a waste to do extra work on it to fit a cue LOL A hollow carbon fiber tube filled with pillow stuffing is not something I want on my cue.

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Follow up. The customer Claimed that Predator charged him $100.00 to buff out the small knick from the collet. I gave him the money and lesson learned not to do work on Revo shafts til I find a better way to re-tip them and of course not for someone who blames everyone except the manufacturer for soft finish.

I think that`s a raw deal for you, your $100 out, but hopefully the customer wan`t bother you again, that`s a plus...
I retip Revo shafts now and again and even with a good metal lathe that runs withing a few thou it`s a pain, so I charge extra.
I have made extra thick and long tapered collets that fit`s the two Revo shaft models, that helps alot.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I don't understand???

Why won't predator/revo sell you the shaft with whatever threads you want?

Why won't predator/revo sell you the shaft with "No" threads at all and the cue maker can do the work without having to plug?

Why have you not called predator/revo regarding either of these two solutions and possibilities?

They want your money and you want the product "YOUR" way.

Kd

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand???

Why won't predator/revo sell you the shaft with "No" threads at all and the cue maker can do the work without having to plug?

Why have you not called predator/revo regarding either of these two solutions and possibilities?

Kd

For right now. I would have to say the Revo is still new. It only makes sense that they would concentrate thier supply based on thier proprietary joint screws.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand???

Kd

Simple.....They want to sell Predator butts.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW - Joey Chin took a radial Revo and ran a 3/8 - 10 tap through it and it worked great ...

I think you definition of great need some context. A radial pin has a minor of .312" a regular 3/8-10 pin has a minor of .302" a modified .3/8-10 has a .308" minor. So if you thread in a hole bigger than what the tap is intended for, and the hole allready have another thread pattern, your gonna have problems - sooner, not later.
Your post can also be misleading for people and a worst case scenario they can ruin their $600 shaft.

Last edited: