Possible Paradise?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Not sure if it is. Here are some pictures of it. Thinking of having it refinished and also getting it looked at by Rubino or someone who knows Frank's work.

Attachments

• 22552535_1912640135429159_5525822803169792864_n.jpg
    22552535_1912640135429159_5525822803169792864_n.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 779
  • 22555238_1912640108762495_4561838863164662562_n.jpg
    22555238_1912640108762495_4561838863164662562_n.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 781
  • 22555168_1912640182095821_9082658684243376957_n.jpg
    22555168_1912640182095821_9082658684243376957_n.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 768
  • 22687820_1912640238762482_8639917852258932092_n.jpg
    22687820_1912640238762482_8639917852258932092_n.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 765

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
I say Abe Rich as I have one like it that I believe is an Abe cue. If it was a Paradise, I think the screw on the bottom would have a hole in it for a bumper screw.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Paradise cues were not built with bumpers or bumper screws, so that wouldn't disqualify it as a Paradise.

However, Frank P did not tend to do too many full window buttsleeves, and the joint screw is a bit short for a Paradise.

These are not typical joint rings for Paradise either.

Do you know the size of the joint screw? Paradise was 5/16 X 18.

Abe Rich is a possibility, though there are some other possibilities.

All the best,
WW

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paradise or not ,i dunno
but i had a rambo that looked like the top half

i was so proud of that cue

it wasn't much compared to dodays,but i thought it was great

your cue is nice too
i will look forward to a final verdict on what it is

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wish you luck, I have a twin to it and I have been trying for years to get it identified. I have had it at SBE a couple of times and all kinds of opinions. National, Rich, Paradise and a guy on here had another one for sale calling it a Paradise sneaky pete. I have seen 3 others at the Expo and all three were being called Paradise, to many coincidences as far as i am concerned! I believe it to be a Paradise for those reasons. :thumbup: Please pm me if you find out from Rubino.

6a8QPNK.jpg

EQICife.jpg

teoJzQI.jpg

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It gets interesting, doesn't it?

I don't think either is a Paradise. Frank Paradise used 5/16 X 18 thread pins, which I don't think either of these are. They look more like 14 thread, but the owners would have the measure them.

Also, Frank did not use Delrin, at least that I am aware. If there are some, they are very few. The first cue here is definitely Delrin; the second, I think so, maybe a bit aged. Again, not used by Frank.

The joint pin says a lot. None of Frank's were this short out of the joint, that I'm aware.

I keep going back to the joint collar as well. It was not Frank's typical. His typical was either solid black or white plastic/phenolic, with the black ring on the outside of the collar. This does not resemble that.

I think it's someone else, and definitely not Rambow.

All the best,
WW

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wish you luck, I have a twin to it and I have been trying for years to get it identified. I have had it at SBE a couple of times and all kinds of opinions. National, Rich, Paradise and a guy on here had another one for sale calling it a Paradise sneaky pete. I have seen 3 others at the Expo and all three were being called Paradise, to many coincidences as far as i am concerned! I believe it to be a Paradise for those reasons. :thumbup: Please pm me if you find out from Rubino.

]
This sounds like a lot of people wishing what they had was a Paradise instead of a Rich. Why? Because a Paradise is worth several hundred more dollars than an Abe Rich.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I call a Usual Suspects" cue.

I don't believe it is a Paradise. Rich comes up a lot on such cues...but I don't think this is Abe. Might be Rich et al.

Mayer? Again...maybe.

Since there seem to be several floating around I am suspecting it may be found in a catalog or brochure.

I am going to keep looking...

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
When people want something to be something it isn't, and they believe it, you cannot educate them. If a dealer had one of these for sale as a Paradise, stay away from that dealer.

JV

Def not a Paradise. Likely Rich or possibly Karl Mayer

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When people want something to be something it isn't, and they believe it, you cannot educate them. If a dealer had one of these for sale as a Paradise, stay away from that dealer.

JV

We do expect dealers to do their homework. That's part of the price. But no dealer knows all cues and occasionally a dealer is fooled.

But of course, the buyer should do his homework as well.

If a dealer seems to misrepresent a cue intentionally that's another matter.

But what's a dealer? There are no qualifications or certification. No license. If one has a distributor agreement with a maker, that's documentation, but we are talking about a different kind of thing here. Old cues.

There are plenty of cue flippers that I don't see as dealers, but probably some see them as dealers.

Caveat emptor always applies.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Which I have been saying for years... there are guys who know and guys just looking to flip, or "resell" (don't want to hurt anyones feelings) that do not know. But in this case, its pretty obvious.
But I do not disagree with your statement, as I have made a pretty penny on things passed on by dealers, that are just there to flip, and make a buck. (Who should have studied more) :)

JV

We do expect dealers to do their homework. That's part of the price. But no dealer knows all cues and occasionally a dealer is fooled.

But of course, the buyer should do his homework as well.

If a dealer seems to misrepresent a cue intentionally that's another matter.

But what's a dealer? There are no qualifications or certification. No license. If one has a distributor agreement with a maker, that's documentation, but we are talking about a different kind of thing here. Old cues.

There are plenty of cue flippers that I don't see as dealers, but probably some see them as dealers.

Caveat emptor always applies.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
When people want something to be something it isn't, and they believe it, you cannot educate them.
JV

Agree with that. I can't count the times I've told posters, you don't have a Bushka, you don't have a Paradise, and you don't have a Rambow. It comes with the territory.

All the best,
WW

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree with that. I can't count the times I've told posters, you don't have a Bushka, you don't have a Paradise, and you don't have a Rambow. It comes with the territory.

All the best,
WW

Yup.

And then many will call it an Abe cue.

There were recently two Rich cues on Ebay as unknown "vintage" for 100 each. Nobody bid. Identical cue listed as Rich cue "Possibe Abe" and people are bidding on it. It will go over $100...maybe 150 to 180. It's a Rich Q New York, not Abe. But just mentioning the name gets attention.

There are so many possibilities, some very obscure, it can be hard to nail them down. Some were just branded and were made by Rich, National, AE Schmidt, Viking, and a myriad of others.

I do think the cues this thread is about are identifiable...we just gotta find one in a brochure or perhaps with an original label on it or something. We have seen a handful, so surely there are more.

I have seen cues with Sears stickers on them, Mongomery Ward stickers on them, and other such things that were definitely obviously Rich cues.

This one is something else...IMHO...

Last edited:

mjkeil62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup.

And then many will call it an Abe cue.

There were recently two Rich cues on Ebay as unknown "vintage" for 100 each. Nobody bid. Identical cue listed as Rich cue "Possibe Abe" and people are bidding on it. It will go over $100...maybe 150 to 180. It's a Rich Q New York, not Abe. But just mentioning the name gets attention.

There are so many possibilities, some very obscure, it can be hard to nail them down. Some were just branded and were made by Rich, National, AE Schmidt, Viking, and a myriad of others.

I do think the cues this thread is about are identifiable...we just gotta find one in a brochure or perhaps with an original label on it or something. We have seen a handful, so surely there are more.

I have seen cues with Sears stickers on them, Mongomery Ward stickers on them, and other such things that were definitely obviously Rich cues.

This one is something else...IMHO...

Yep, I've seen that a lot on Ebay. The one Rich Q that I own show's up there from time to time and I don't ever remember anyone listing it as such. They usually list is as an Abe Rich cue or an unknown cue.