Revo shaft- plug and redrill?

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone successfully plugged and redrilled a Revo shaft? Is it like a NORMAL shaft inside joint end?

I realize it will void the warranty. I need a 3/8x11....:)

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Not many exploratory surgeons out there wanting to bear the risk.

It's all good till something goes wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone successfully plugged and redrilled a Revo shaft? Is it like a NORMAL shaft inside joint end?

I realize it will void the warranty. I need a 3/8x11....:)
Since the shaft is a composite wouldn't the insert most likely be glued/epoxied in place? Kinda doubt drilling would be advised.

fcee06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not sure what thread pattern it is currently but if it doesn't have an insert I would just run the 3/8 11 tap in it. I kept a shaft that I still play with after I sold the cue that had a 3/8 10 pattern and tapped it with the 11 without plugging and now the shaft fits both. I did that almost 10 years ago and it still fits nice and snug. I know that might not be the most recommended solution but I thought I would give it a try and if it didn't work I would plug it and retap it.

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to get the Radial version. Can that still be tapped out to a 3/8x11?

Buddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked this same question in the cue makers section and the replies were all it cant be done..Wrong it only took minutes to change from the radial to 3/8's by 11 and it was perfect screws together tight rolls perfect no scratches or nicks have been playing with it everyday for 3 weeks now and love it also had a kamui clear black soft put on it at the same time

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not sure what thread pattern it is currently but if it doesn't have an insert I would just run the 3/8 11 tap in it. I kept a shaft that I still play with after I sold the cue that had a 3/8 10 pattern and tapped it with the 11 without plugging and now the shaft fits both. I did that almost 10 years ago and it still fits nice and snug. I know that might not be the most recommended solution but I thought I would give it a try and if it didn't work I would plug it and retap it.
I've understood it to work just as you describe!

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool. Thanks. I figured someone like me would try it...:). Guess im on it.

You had your cue repair/guy put it on a lathe, and just tap it out, correct?

Thanks for your reply Buddy!

fcee06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think as long as it doesn't have a metal insert glued in there you can tap it. Again I was an experiment for me and turned out well worth the risk. I don't see a reason that if it doesn't work you cant then go back and plug it and retap it. I have plugged and retapped many shafts few years back so it rather easy if that's what you have to do. You cant really hurt the shaft either way, well maybe the resell value! LOL

Frank

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
have a extension made 2.5 inches do 3/8-11 with a radial pin or it would be easier to have the cue pin changes to a radial. unless its a southwest or something else worth a lot of money.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it can be done...

but then again.. I just watched Deep Water Horizon. Anything can be drilled. Just ask BP Oil.

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
have a extension made 2.5 inches do 3/8-11 with a radial pin or it would be easier to have the cue pin changes to a radial. unless its a southwest or something else worth a lot of money.

Not going to have the pins changed on these babies! I'll change or mess up a shaft first...:)

But not only the playability, I'll bet these will look cool with the Revo shaft?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=458125

I play with-em several times a week! :)

Bob

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I think I remember seeing somewhere that Steve Lomax said it can be done. Or you can get one of those mini extensions made with the right pins to match

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I believe Seyberts is an authorized Predator repair shop. Have you reach out to them and see what their thoughts are? Maybe its possible for them to do the work and still keep it under warranty.

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was Seybert's "exact" reply:

Hello, they are sold as Radial or Uniloc right now and until they come out with different joints there is nothing we can do. thanks

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Glad to hear you reached out to them and received a reply.

This was Seybert's "exact" reply:

Hello, they are sold as Radial or Uniloc right now and until they come out with different joints there is nothing we can do. thanks

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to get the Radial version. Can that still be tapped out to a 3/8x11?

No ofcourse not. Radial has a .312" minor, while 3/8-11 has a .308" minor.
Besides the threads are very different.
Can a Revo shaft be plugged? Sure, but you void the warranty and I think most cuemakers would only atempt a plug and tap operation if the customer took full responsibility.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
No ofcourse not. Radial has a .312" minor, while 3/8-11 has a .308" minor.

Besides the threads are very different.

Can a Revo shaft be plugged? Sure, but you void the warranty and I think most cuemakers would only atempt a plug and tap operation if the customer took full responsibility.

That's the problem imop. A guy will say it's all good, then when it fails down the road, guess who they gonna blame and bad mouth? Sure as chit won't be themselves I'll guarontee that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it can be done...

but then again.. I just watched Deep Water Horizon. Anything can be drilled. Just ask BP Oil.

You can also milk anything with nipples. I am still trying that out, so far score is Milk Production 0, Slaps in Face 23.