Relationship Aiming, it's the only way....

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Relationship aiming (the OB and the CB in a ghost ball relationship) is the only way to play pool and the lines and fractions (of a complicated aiming system) can just not do it. Take this test; place the OB ball two or three feet from a pocket, and the CB ball anywhere. Now strike and move the OB where it hits the left corner extrusion and goes in, then make it hit the center and it goes in, then make it hit the right extrusion and it goes in. These are the adjustments one needs to perform the best shape for the next ball. If your CB is at a certain solid placement, notice how it goes to different places on the table with these little bitty aiming shots! None of these things you can do with perception lines, fractions, and other aiming systems that are aligned to make the OB to the center of the hole. You've got to learn the "relationship" alignment to make these little bitty adjustments to where the OB goes. Sorry, but it's a fact! If you can not do this, go to a competent pool teacher and get them to show you. I will not be writing a book as I just did it in one paragraph.

Last edited:

SkinnyPete

Registered
I prefer to let the force guide my shot. Though, I have an unusually high midichlorian count so it's probably easier for me than most people.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
This has to be the best method of aiming and making balls in existence because
DUCKIE uses it and said the same thing. Now there's two stating it.

He also said there's no such thing as a 1/2 ball hit or alignment. When DUCKIE talks, everyone listens!

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
This has to be the best method of aiming and making balls in existence because
DUCKIE uses it and said the same thing. Now there's two stating it.

He also said there's no such thing as a 1/2 ball hit or alignment. When DUCKIE talks, everyone listens!

There is a 1/2 ball hit, 1/4 ball hit, and so forth, but why confuse yourself with all of that. Just see the relationship of the OB and the CB in a ghost ball reaction and make the shot. AND, while doing that, the tiny little adjustments can be done. Even you know you can NOT do the test I included in the OP without coming off your favorite aiming system. You will never admit it on here however.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Even you know you can NOT do the test I included in the OP without coming off your favorite aiming system.

You first. You were invited to do Colin's potting test and weaseled out.

Prove how good this GB stuff has made you with a video of Colin's test like many of us did including Dan. No more BS. Just do it. (here comes the whining, crying, and excuses to follow from the GB King)

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
You first. You were invited to do Colin's potting test and weaseled out.

Prove how good this GB stuff has made you with a video of Colin's test like many of us did including Dan. No more BS. Just do it. (here comes the whining, crying, and excuses to follow from the GB King)

If pool were about "making the balls", that would be a great test, but pool is not. Let's see you do the BU test as I have done. It is a "sticky" on AZB and everyone that posts on here should do it. I performed it without any previous practice and my score is there for everyone to see. Let's see what you can do. But, the reason for my OP is it doesn't make any difference how I can play, it's how the pool player must come to the aiming conclusion and get on with playing the game. And, I may make a short video about hitting the OB into the pocket from 1 to 5 and show where the CB goes for shape. These little bitty increments into a pocket is only something one can do with a relationship kind of arrangement with the OB and CB. Something you can not do with the perception lines, pivots, etc.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
just to be the devils advocate
if you use spin (OH MY GOD ...:eek::eek:..:grin-square:) and dont restrict yourself to the vertical axis
you can hit the center of the pocket and get where you need to ........just sayin......:)

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
just to be the devils advocate
if you use spin (OH MY GOD ...:eek::eek:..:grin-square:) and dont restrict yourself to the vertical axis
you can hit the center of the pocket and get where you need to ........just sayin......:)

That is just not true. Hit the balls a little harder and watch how the tangent lines (and all lines) differ with the OB into numbers on the pocket. It doesn't make any difference how much spin you've put on the CB.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
If pool were about "making the balls", that would be a great test, but pool is not. Let's see you do the BU test as I have done. It is a "sticky" on AZB and everyone that posts on here should do it. I performed it without any previous practice and my score is there for everyone to see. Let's see what you can do. And, I may make a short video about hitting the OB into the pocket from 1 to 5 and show where the CB goes for shape. These little bitty increments into a pocket is only something one can do with a relationship kind of arrangement with the OB and CB. Something you can not do with the perception lines, pivots, etc.

You're soooo predictable. Here comes the weaseling and chicken stuff just like before.. Doing Colin's test should be super simple and twice as easy for you because it doesn't involve having to get position on any balls. Just do it! Cut out the cry baby stuff

I've always stated the BU test is a bogus test and said it to the creator. When Dr. Dave can score higher than Shane Van Boening on the test, something is haywire.

There is no way on Earth Dr. Dave would come close to beating Shane in ANY game of pool whether it's 9 ball, 10 ball, 8 ball, 14.1, banks, American Rotation,
one pocket, snooker, etc. He'd be even hard pressed to win one game in sets from 5 to 11 in any of them.

You first.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a 1/2 ball hit, 1/4 ball hit, and so forth, but why confuse yourself with all of that. Just see the relationship of the OB and the CB in a ghost ball reaction and make the shot. AND, while doing that, the tiny little adjustments can be ........

30+ years of experience and player observation has proven to me that ghostball aiming requires a lot of trial and error. Sure it works, as far as eventually being able to just see the OB/CB relationship. The average league player plays pool one night a week in a league, and usually playing only 5 games or so that night. He or she may hit some with friends every now and then also. But that's the extent of their table time, which is why it takes the average player a few years (using ghostball approximations) to become a typical "average" player.

I developed a quicker route to just seeing the relationship between the balls, a route that involves no guesswork and no trial and error. By knowing where to aim instead of estimating where to aim, an aspiring player can build a mental data base of OB/CB relationships in a fraction of the time it takes using the conventional ghostball method. I proved this with my wife. She is not a pool player, and after shooting about 150 shots it was very obvious that having a known fractional aim point made a world of difference.

My book is for players that want to improve, but either don't have the time to invest several hours per day for weeks or months, or a couple of hours per week for years, missing more balls than they're making. It's visual, just like you say.....nothing complicated about it.

https://youtu.be/SRqW5b9n6Oo

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That is just not true. Hit the balls a little harder and watch how the tangent lines (and all lines) differ with the OB into numbers on the pocket. It doesn't make any difference how much spin you've put on the CB.

You keep talking about stuff you're now learning as if this instructor of yours is the God of instructors. For you, why not. Anything is better than nothing because you're starting from GROUND ZERO with little to no experience and knowledge.

You can learn even more faster and less expensive. Click on the links.
Bert Kinister is known worldwide as a long time instructor who has taken pros to greater heights as well as regular players.

You can watch any and all of his videos for $5 bucks. Bert is GREAT! There's also far more available than your guy teaches or has a clue about.

Bert Kinister DVDs:

http://www.bertkinister.com/bertkinister/ProductList.aspx

Rent Videos:

http://videos.bertkinister.com/

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
You're soooo predictable. Here comes the weaseling and chicken stuff just like before.. Doing Colin's test should be super simple and twice as easy for you because it doesn't involve having to get position on any balls. Just do it! Cut out the cry baby stuff

I've always stated the BU test is a bogus test and said it to the creator. When Dr. Dave can score higher than Shane Van Boening on the test, something is haywire.

There is no way on Earth Dr. Dave would come close to beating Shane in ANY game of pool whether it's 9 ball, 10 ball, 8 ball, 14.1, banks, American Rotation,
one pocket, snooker, etc. He'd be even hard pressed to win one game in sets from 5 to 11 in any of them.

You first.

So........ You are stating that if I could make Colin's test 100%, or were a world class pool player, you would do what I suggest in the OP and knock off all the aiming crap? I don't think so. You are so wrapped up in an aiming system. We know who you are.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So........ You are stating that if I could make Colin's test 100%, or were a world class pool player, you would do what I suggest in the OP and knock off all the aiming crap? I don't think so. You are so wrapped up in an aiming system. We know who you are.

You don't have to get 100% on Colin's test. JUST DO IT ON VIDEO. I don't care what you score.

Dan didn't get 100% nor did I.

I guess because I use an aiming system I don't know how to play any games very well, but you as a rank beginner hack do.

You don't know who I am or anything about me. Now when I play pool because of time constraints with work, I PLAY pool with Allen Hopkins at his house.

All I can say is he teaches me a lesson each and every time. LMAO.

(you probably don't have a clue who he is)

That's IT. No more going around and around in circles with you in this thread, DUCKIE the 2nd.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
You don't have to get 100% on Colin's test. JUST DO IT ON VIDEO. I don't care what you score.

Dan didn't get 100% nor did I.

So, now, you listen to what Dan says (because he took the test)? My point is; what difference does it make on Colin's test?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Relationship aiming (the OB and the CB in a ghost ball relationship) is the only way to play pool and the lines and fractions (of a complicated aiming system) can just not do it. Take this test; place the OB ball two or three feet from a pocket, and the CB ball anywhere. Now strike and move the OB where it hits the left corner extrusion and goes in, then make it hit the center and it goes in, then make it hit the right extrusion and it goes in. These are the adjustments one needs to perform the best shape for the next ball. If your CB is at a certain solid placement, notice how it goes to different places on the table with these little bitty aiming shots! None of these things you can do with perception lines, fractions, and other aiming systems that are aligned to make the OB to the center of the hole. You've got to learn the "relationship" alignment to make these little bitty adjustments to where the OB goes. Sorry, but it's a fact! If you can not do this, go to a competent pool teacher and get them to show you. I will not be writing a book as I just did it in one paragraph.

I'm having trouble seeing the ghostball, can you tell me where it's at.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm having trouble seeing the ghostball, can you tell me where it's at.

But, you have no trouble seeing the "perceptions" of three lines.

I believe the difference is simple: There is no ball where the ghostball is, hence the word "ghost". It can't be seen, and picturing the center of this imaginary ball is a matter of pure subjectivity. The more experience a player has the more accurate their estimations are. When visualizing CTE lines or fractional aim points there is always a real OB that can plainly be seen. Picking out a spot that looks halfway between OB center and OB edge is a fairly objective visual that does not require any particular estimating experience as with locating an imaginary ghostball center somewhere behind or beside the OB.

And I'm sure the standard CTE "perceptions" are based on 2 visualized lines, not 3. The perceptions are not difficult. They are merely visual perspectives obtained from behind the CB with the OB in the background. You can find a location behind the CB that will give you whatever perspective/perception you're looking for. Try this, let's say you want to use a 15 "perception"...first visualize a CTE line (center CB to edge of OB), then move your eyes/body closer or farther from the CB (keeping the CTE lined up) until you get to a spot where you can also visualize an ETA line (edge of CB to A on OB). That's it. A qualified CTE user can explain what to do next.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is you crazy? PSSST.....BRIAN.....get back on yo mop.

Mannnn is YOU in fo it now. Here it come.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 148