CTE Pro 1 specific issue

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all!!

First of all I have to say that I've gotten to the level of use of CTE Pro 1 aiming system to that level that I'm almost fully satisfied, but not entirely hence this thread.

I'm currently playing the best pool in my life and would never go back to aiming by feel, so to get that out of the way immediately.

This is a thread where I'm just asking experienced CTE Pro 1 users for help, so no need for non-users to chime in.

I don't miss very much nowadays but when I do its usually a cut to the right. Even when I align to the shot, when its a cut to the right, I immediately feel very unusual and out of place, while for cuts to the left everything feels very natural and confortable. When I go down in full stance the shot feels A LOT more natural and confortable but still not as much as a cut to the left.

When I align to the shots my body is turned at a 45° angle to the perceptions, as Stan suggests, and my nose is always pointing to the right, I align my vision center to perceptions, which is the point between my nose and right eye. I use visual sweeps.

Did anyone else had a similar problem?

If so did you solve it and how?

I'm afraid what will happen if I get over this last hurdle ;):thumbup:

TNX!!

Mirza

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me it was the foot work. You gotta get your hips out of the way. Its feels crowed. Start with manual pivots. Then move.your back foot more left ward. Are you over cutting or hitting the rail?

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me it was the foot work. You gotta get your hips out of the way. Its feels crowed. Start with manual pivots. Then move.your back foot more left ward. Are you over cutting or hitting the rail?

I tried bending to the right, I'm already angling the body etc., but nothing feels right, and don't get me wrong here - I still miss rarely, but when I do its usually a cut to the right, I'm not sure do I mostly undercut or overcut, both happen.

I don't want to use manual pivots, I have no need for it, I use sweeps and it works awesome, but sometimes I get on that final 2-3 balls and miss - and it almost always happens to be a cut to the right - its so annoying, I concluded it must happen because I don't feel right even while aligning to a cut to the right, so wanted to see does anyone else have a problem like this.

Last edited: