Is there a comprehensive review of the BKrush yet?

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thing is a beast. No joke. I had 2 Gilberts which are fantastic and a bk3. The rush explodes a rack with minimal effort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got one about a week ago.. havent' had enough time with it on the table yet, but I do like the way it breaks so far.. very solid, stiff and transfers energy great.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Read a comprehensive review on FB and the guy couldn't have been more positive about it:

"I’ve had this break cue for a little while now, but wanted to wait to see if the euphoria would wear off. Now with a few weeks with it under my belt, all I can say is WOW!!!!! Without a doubt, the BEST break cue I’ve ever used. I’ve tried Mezz, Sledgehammer, “Custom” Break Cues, and many other break Cues....nothing, and I mean NOTHING even comes close the the Predator BKRush! They’ve reformulated this break cue from top to bottom. The Revo shaft is stiffer, with a different taper, ferrule, and tip. This is NOT your standard Revo Shaft!

The balance is so good, if feels as light as 16 oz, even though mine is just over 17oz.

Some will scoff at the price, and that’s to be expected. However, in my honest opinion, it’s worth EVERY penny! It’s the perfect balance between power and control. In my opinion, this break cue has reset the bar. As a matter of fact, it IS the bar.

Simply amazing."

Last edited:

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Read a comprehensive review on FB and the guy couldn't have been more positive about it:

"I’ve had this break cue for a little while now, but wanted to wait to see if the euphoria would wear off. Now with a few weeks with it under my belt, all I can say is WOW!!!!! Without a doubt, the BEST break cue I’ve ever used. I’ve tried Mezz, Sledgehammer, “Custom” Break Cues, and many other break Cues....nothing, and I mean NOTHING even comes close the the Predator BKRush! They’ve reformulated this break cue from top to bottom. The Revo shaft is stiffer, with a different taper, ferrule, and tip. This is NOT your standard Revo Shaft!

The balance is so good, if feels as light as 16 oz, even though mine is just over 17oz.

Some will scoff at the price, and that’s to be expected. However, in my honest opinion, it’s worth EVERY penny! It’s the perfect balance between power and control. In my opinion, this break cue has reset the bar. As a matter of fact, it IS the bar.

Simply amazing."

that's some endorsement.

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What other questions do you have?

For example,

1. How the shaft flexes against the table (which depends on your stroke/ follow through).

2. How the cue functions as a long jump cue.

3. Comparisons vs. other popular break cues.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
For example,

1. How the shaft flexes against the table (which depends on your stroke/ follow through).

2. How the cue functions as a long jump cue.

3. Comparisons vs. other popular break cues.

1. It flexes pretty much like any cue. My follow through only causes a minimal flex though

2. You can use it as a long jump cue, no problem there.

3. Well it’s a bit like comparing a BK3 vs anything else, really. I’m afraid I only can talk about mezz, because that’s the only brand of popular break cue (PB, PB2, Kai, w/ -h n -r shafts) I’m really familiar with.

Mezz has a different direction and their break cues have significantly more power that comes from the cue and u don’t usually need a big swing to get a good spread. With the bk rush your swing is the key to the break and the revo shaft is like having traction control – it reduces the margin of error. If you can find the right stance and have a good swing it’s pretty powerful without too much effort. Anyway we don’t really need a Monster break these days. I think the rush is very good for the cut break because it’s easier to hit the spot consistently

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. It flexes pretty much like any cue. My follow through only causes a minimal flex though

2. You can use it as a long jump cue, no problem there.

3. Well it’s a bit like comparing a BK3 vs anything else, really. I’m afraid I only can talk about mezz, because that’s the only brand of popular break cue (PB, PB2, Kai, w/ -h n -r shafts) I’m really familiar with.

Mezz has a different direction and their break cues have significantly more power that comes from the cue and u don’t usually need a big swing to get a good spread. With the bk rush your swing is the key to the break and the revo shaft is like having traction control – it reduces the margin of error. If you can find the right stance and have a good swing it’s pretty powerful without too much effort. Anyway we don’t really need a Monster break these days. I think the rush is very good for the cut break because it’s easier to hit the spot consistently

Mezz is another brand which I am considering. Or I can go get a cheap break cue.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Mezz is another brand which I am considering. Or I can go get a cheap break cue.

A cheap break cue is more than enough to get the job done. It really depends on what you want out of your purchase.

1. Results –> the only thing that matters is what cues you can try out, so you can find a cue that fits you best.
2. Better your odds –> these high tech cues, when engineered around sound principles, should on average perform better than 'regular' break cues when used right. In essence, pay for tech and hope that its easier to hit the jackpot.
3. Bang for buck –> see #1, but choose from cheap cues
4. fun/scratching an itch –> u don't really need a reason to buy stuff that you want/lust after...

hope you find what you are looking for

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would personally get the Mezz PB II any day over the BK Rush.
Mostly because if something happens to the shaft of the BK Rush you're screwed......royally.....by a predator.
Instead with the Mezz break cues just order a new shaft and you're back in business in a few shipping days.