Does JB have to win?

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Does Justin Bergman have to win the US Open 9-ball for people to admit that there was a grave misjudgement perpetrated?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have watched him many times in person and on video.
He is as good or better than many on the mosconi team( i assume this is what your referencing).
Is it a huge dissapointment, no.
Coaches and managers pick teams for many reasons.
We have a good team and I think they have a fine
chance to win.
If Justin takes the open that is a testiment to his game
not the mosconi powers that be.
Or lack there of.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Justin Bergman have to win the US Open 9-ball for people to admit that there was a grave misjudgement perpetrated?

Justin is a better player than most of the team. One player on the team asked for a 15 game spot and will probably get it. Two others can get played for a ridiculous amount of money. That does not matter - support the team. I guarantee that Justin is disappointed, and he wants the US to win.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Just the facts

Justin is a better player than most of the team. One player on the team asked for a 15 game spot and will probably get it. Two others can get played for a ridiculous amount of money. That does not matter - support the team. I guarantee that Justin is disappointed, and he wants the US to win.

JB does not have to jump through hoops, play in tournaments a LONG way from home to make the Mosconi team. Like IBA said, 15 game spot or more for BIG $$$$.

Good Luck Mosconi team.

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something wrong

JB can't make it to the tournaments, can't get sponsorship, can't get money games............something is not right . Why should he be handed such an honor for doing nothing ?. The other players paid there way somehow, and earned there way on the team . And if he is the 2nd best US player, he would have NP paying his way . Something wrong somewhere .

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO JB has been paying dues for years for the right to play on the team. The points race is mostly hype to build
suspense for the event. Spending 10 - 20k chasing points all year to win 10 or 20k is a hard nut to crack. A few of the guys on the team want nothing to do with playing Justin even, that alone tells me he should be on the team.

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO JB has been paying dues for years for the right to play on the team. The points race is mostly hype to build
suspense for the event. Spending 10 - 20k chasing points all year to win 10 or 20k is a hard nut to crack. A few of the guys on the team want nothing to do with playing Justin even, that alone tells me he should be on the team.

Absolutely is a hard nut to crack.......... I want the guy that goes and puts in a solid effort to crack that nut..........not the guy that sits at home and says, this is to tough and not worth it .

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Absolutely is a hard nut to crack.......... I want the guy that goes and puts in a solid effort to crack that nut..........not the guy that sits at home and says, this is to tough and not worth it .

I want the best most talented team available, which we obviously don't have without Justin on the team.

Quit acting the fool

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member

The only problem is that this particular nut literally is not worth the effort to crack. There is no series of pro events worth paying to attend the entire series. I wish it weren't true, but it is. Justin is a world class player and one of America's best, but alas, he is living living in a time where our general public could care less about the game we here on AZB adore. Truth hurts I'm afraid.

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want the best most talented team available, which we obviously don't have without Justin on the team.

Quit acting the fool

Plain and simple......he didn't earn it....others did. Are you gonna be the guy to tell Oscar, I dont care how much money you spent, how much time you put in . We're giving the spot to the guy that sat at home , and said I'm not even tryin and if they dont pick me I'm OK with that . Open your mind a li'l and let the cob webs out.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only problem is that this particular nut literally is not worth the effort to crack. There is no series of pro events worth paying to attend the entire series. I wish it weren't true, but it is. Justin is a world class player and one of America's best, but alas, he is living living in a time where our general public could care less about the game we here on AZB adore. Truth hurts I'm afraid.

The fact is he's good enough to qualify and that's guaranteed cash , plus if he wins along the way so if he's that good as suggested it can't be anything other than win win for him
So called lessor players have done just that ,,
Anyone on that list trying to get 15 on the wire from him is trying to steal

OLD NO 9

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Plain and simple......he didn't earn it....others did. Are you gonna be the guy to tell Oscar, I dont care how much money you spent, how much time you put in . We're giving the spot to the guy that sat at home , and said I'm not even tryin and if they dont pick me I'm OK with that . Open your mind a li'l and let the cob webs out.

It wouldn't be Oscar

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, plenty of killers. Not usual run of mill killers, these are John Wick type of killers. Finishing top 16 here is not bad result for top player. Last year #16 paid $2750 more than enough to cover expenses . Unlike decade ago, not just a handful can win whole thing. Many many handfuls can win whole thing. :D

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Yes, plenty of killers. Not usual run of mill killers, these are John Wick type of killers. Finishing top 16 here is not bad result for top player. Last year #16 paid $2750 more than enough to cover expenses . Unlike decade ago, not just a handful can win whole thing. Many many handfuls can win whole thing. :D

Add a zero to your figure and maybe we will then have a sport...

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add a zero to your figure and maybe we will then have a sport...

Ha good luck with that , ,, until someone who has pockets full of money and loves the game so much that he will invest in it to take a loss in hopes of growing the game it ain't happening here and it's debatable if it's even feasible in the USA market with our level of Tv entertainment,,

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Ha good luck with that , ,, until someone who has pockets full of money and loves the game so much that he will invest in it to take a loss in hopes of growing the game it ain't happening here and it's debatable if it's even feasible in the USA market with our level of Tv entertainment,,

Indeed. I wish you were wrong, but you're not...