What do I have here?

JC

Coos Cues
This cue belongs to a friend of mine and he has had it for many years but doesn't know much about it.

Help anyone?

JC

P1040680.jpg
P1040681.jpg
P1040682.jpg
P1040683.jpg

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Sure looks like made by Adam, given the forearm looks very close to the Corsair. Obviously different butt sleeve.

All the best,
WW

Billiardscollec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick

Brunswick made by Adam/Helmstetter. I Disagree with the not much value comment. I read earlier in the thread. Depends what is considered value. A few hundred is not a bad gig, depending on what you paid for it.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick made by Adam/Helmstetter. I Disagree with the not much value comment. I read earlier in the thread. Depends what is considered value. A few hundred is not a bad gig, depending on what you paid for it.

I agree.

A few hundred, IMHO that's nothing to sneeze at. I would hold out for $400 if I was selling one. The one on Ebay sold for over $370 with a shaft cut down from 13 to 12. (I edited my post above to include that actual sale)

There are plenty of Brunswick made Hoppe Titlists that sell for less than that. Frankly, these are more rare, and they are well made IMHO.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just reviewing closed auctions.

This cue is worth about the same as a Brunswick made 1950's-60's Willie Hoppe Brunswick Professional. It looks like it is worth more than the later produced Adam Willie Hoppe cues. It is certainly more rare.

At least that's what the actual sales show.

jack 195

Banned
my opinion, without doubt , will be insulting.
Produced and marketed somewhere around 1968.
I don't believe you could pocket 100 without the cue exploding or something.
These cue's sold @ $90.00 ➕ tax.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my opinion, without doubt , will be insulting.
Produced and marketed somewhere around 1968.
I don't believe you could pocket 100 without the cue exploding or something.
These cue's sold @ $90.00 ➕ tax.

Judging from the shaft stains the cue has substantially more than 100 shots on it already. :wink:

$90 in 1968 is about $650 today. This was not a cheap cue. What did a Bushka cost in 1968?

The top Schmelke catalog cue in 1970 would cost almost $1,000 today according to MSRP.

The weak point on these was the pearlized plastic shaft rings, they cracked before anything. The rest of it is of sound construction IMHO.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
You have an Adam cue made in 1970 for Brunswick when Schmelke and Brunswick were arguing over contract issues.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have an Adam cue made in 1970 for Brunswick when Schmelke and Brunswick were arguing over contract issues.

I knew you would chime in. :thumbup:

I have seen a couple of these lately and Iit seems some feel they are "China made" crap.

They aren't crap...