2018 Dave Barenbrugge Master Grade Quilted Sapele "Ring Leader" Merry Widow

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
This 2018 Barenbrugge cue was just received. It will be on it's way shortly to my best customer, who (along with a lot of us) greatly appreciates Dave's cue craft. This cue features forearm and butt sleeve wood with plenty of "wow," master grade quilted sapele. The ringsets are at all positions and on fancy cap protector. Each ring is comprised of 15 wafer thin billet slices that have to be aligned by careful hands and eyes. These rings (sort of Space Invaders theme) are the highest level to date for a merry widow cue--hence the name "Ring Leader". The wrap is selected oil tanned Spanish Bull which has a micro suede or glove leather feel. The shafts feature linen melamine ferrules and real G2 tips on fibre pads. Dave's wait time is now out to about 10 years. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• BarRLa.JPG
    BarRLa.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,150
  • BarRLb.jpg
    BarRLb.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,203
  • BarRLc.jpg
    BarRLc.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,200
  • BarRLd.jpg
    BarRLd.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,153

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! That cue had a whole lot of POP! Maybe the nicest DB rings I've seen. Amazing!!

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Awesome rings. I like how each set alters direction too. Very interesting. Space invaders...long gone days. Thanks for sharing your photos. Matt D.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This 2018 Barenbrugge cue was just received. It will be on it's way shortly to my best customer, who (along with a lot of us) greatly appreciates Dave's cue craft. This cue features forearm and butt sleeve wood with plenty of "wow," master grade quilted sapele. The ringsets are at all positions and on fancy cap protector. Each ring is comprised of 15 wafer thin billet slices that have to be aligned by careful hands and eyes. These rings (sort of Space Invaders theme) are the highest level to date for a merry widow cue--hence the name "Ring Leader". The wrap is selected oil tanned Spanish Bull which has a micro suede or glove leather feel. The shafts feature linen melamine ferrules and real G2 tips on fibre pads. Dave's wait time is now out to about 10 years. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Congrats to the lucky customer. That is some serious wood candy right there. The rings are "OK" too. :wink: :D

MATTY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave's work is second to none, thanks for sharing Martin !!:thumbup: