Brunswick Willie Hoppe

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick Willie Hoppe Professional #21 Pool Cue. Definitely Ebony, Ivory, 1st signature, 1st Label. No Restoration needed.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I'd pitch $800 at this photo if nothing is cracked, and if it's reasonably straight.

Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd pitch $800 at this photo if nothing is cracked, and if it's reasonably straight.

$800? Wow, I have three I just converted, all three are 60" and standard size at the joint and they all have new top quality shafts. I believe I have them sold. I posted them on my faceflop page a few days ago, pics are at facebook under David Brainard or CuesDirectly.

If you say $800 I believe you, you are all over these when they come up on here.

Thanks, Dave.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
$800? Wow, I have three I just converted, all three are 60" and standard size at the joint and they all have new top quality shafts. I believe I have them sold. I posted them on my faceflop page a few days ago, pics are at facebook under David Brainard or CuesDirectly.

If you say $800 I believe you, you are all over these when they come up on here.

Thanks, Dave.

This particular cue is ebony with the Hoppe ring, the tortoise shell joint, and has the canvas case. Ebony commands a serious premium

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I recall correctly, that was made around WWII, hence no brass joint. The joint should be a fiber like phenolic. Ebony with ivory always commands high dollar. I’d suggest keeping it under $500 if possible. If you are planning on selling it, you need some fat on the bones to make it worth your while.

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I recall correctly, that was made around WWII, hence no brass joint. The joint should be a fiber like phenolic. Ebony with ivory always commands high dollar. I’d suggest keeping it under $500 if possible. If you are planning on selling it, you need some fat on the bones to make it worth your while.

I understand.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Nice cue.
As ideologist pointed out, some of the desirable attributes with your cue.
If you are interested in selling the bag, I am a buyer.

Will Prout

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If It is ebony, $800 or more,, Brazilian rose wood $650-$700, other woods, $500-600

Definitely Ebony, Ivory, 1st signature, 1st Label. No Restoration needed and I highly reccomend that it not be used for a conversion cue. I am not entertaining offers at this time as the evaluation is incomplete.

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely Ebony, Ivory, 1st signature, 1st Label. No Restoration needed and I highly reccomend that it not be used for a conversion cue. I am not entertaining offers at this time as the evaluation is incomplete.

I've decided to keep it. It has no dings, dents or significant scratches. It has a slight runout only on the butt end (.020"). It rolls exceptionally well together. The shaft is super straight and the cracked ivory ferrule makes "no" sound when striking the object ball. Life is Good~!!!!

Last edited:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I've decided to keep it. It has no dings, dents or significant scratches. It has a slight runout only on the butt end (.020"). It rolls exceptionally well together. The shaft is super straight and the cracked ivory ferrule makes "no" sound when striking the object ball. Life is Good~!!!!

:thumbup: Awesome decision. While those old cues do make nice conversions, too many of them are being used up rather than preserved. We need history, and frankly there are better blanks being made today that make for better, easier to make cues. If somebody just has to have a conversion, there are still plenty old cues to convert. But this one is special as it demonstrates how a great company altered its manufacturing process to support the war effort. IMO, this cue is bigger as it is than it would ever be if converted.

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup: Awesome decision. While those old cues do make nice conversions, too many of them are being used up rather than preserved. We need history, and frankly there are better blanks being made today that make for better, easier to make cues. If somebody just has to have a conversion, there are still plenty old cues to convert. But this one is special as it demonstrates how a great company altered its manufacturing process to support the war effort. IMO, this cue is bigger as it is than it would ever be if converted.

Thank you. I do not consider myself a collector by no means.... I consider myself a guardian.