Wizard cue tips

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
A couple of guys around here are swearing by "Wizard Cue Tips". Better than a Moori.

Anyone know anything about these??? Have any experience with these??

Thanks.

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8Ball48043 said:
A couple of guys around here are swearing by "Wizard Cue Tips". Better than a Moori.

Thanks.

I just got a few Wizard tips and just love them .
AZB member FAST_N_LOOSE has them at a great price and he is a great guy to deal with .

Here is his link and it is loaded with info on Wizard tips .
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=112665

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
8Ball48043 said:

Thanks.

My first encounter with Wizard tips was in early June '07. Up to that point, I was a diehard Moori fan...however, was becoming increasingly more disappointed with each new 'generation'. The Wizard felt, to me, to be more like the Moori's of old. In a year's time on the same tip, not once did I have an issue with mushrooming, or even excessive wear. The only time I needed to reshape the tip was because I wanted to change the profile a bit...not because it actually needed it. I think I may have only needed to rough it twice, in a year's time...and I was constantly playing with the cue.

Listen, at the price point that Marcus is selling these for, you can hardly go wrong giving them a try...it's not like you are going to be out $25-$30 if you do not like them...they're $6.50 ea.

Lisa

billyjack

Registered Loser
Silver Member
I've voiced my satisfaction with Wizard tips before, and am still very happy with their performance. Be advised the medium will play harder than many other mediums, such as Moori, Talisman, Sniper. On my 3/8-10 shafts with an uncapped ferrule the firmer feel is exactly what I wanted. On my Joss, with a capped ferrule and steel joint it is a little too firm for my taste. With my pitiful stroke, I can draw better with a Wizard than any other tip I've ever tried, and I've tried a bunch. Definitely the best value in a layered tip, with absolutely no compromise in performance against the high-priced tips.
Bill

mapman72

I switched from Moori med to Wizard. I like the tip but it took a little getting used to. For me, I think that the Wizard was giving me more english on the ball, hence, I was missing a few shots at first. I've fully adjusted now and I really like the tip.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Dont know who makes them, but being a cue whore and a gadget junkie I have tried just about everything out there (Except those vibration dampening things you screw onto the butt of your cue, and gloves :D)
Point is, I wont go back to any other tip. I plan on buying a crap load of them just in case they go under and stop making them.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member

I have had a Wizard M tip for a few months and its a little harder than my last tip. I have finally got it broken in and it plays great. NO mushrooming at all. Looks and plays great:thumbup:

radge69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are my #1 selling tip, haven't had a single complaint. I've been using them on my personal cue for over a year, and have no plans of switching. I offer my customers that want Moori's the option of trying a Wizard and if they don't like it I'll put a Moori on for the difference in price. I haven't had anyone come back asking to switch to a Moori.

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
I guess I will be the lone voice of dissent.

I tried them about a year ago, I think there was a special on them for like $5 each.

Like most layered tips, very little "feel" and no "bonk!" which I need.

I am NOT NOT NOT a layered tip guy, so I am probably not the best endorsement, but they did spin the heck out of the ball.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like layered tips and Moori, Wizard and Kamui Black hard are very similar in hit and feel. I think I like the Moori best, but can't really say that it's any better. They are all so close. Moori did mushroom a bit after a couple of weeks, but after trimming stayed perfect for over a year. If you like "bonk", then you might try a Super Pro. It's rated the same hardness as Moori but it feels a lot harder - plays really well.