How to price a cue

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I have a russ espiritu cue that i am thinking of selling. it has 6 points linen wrap with 6 little windows on the butt end. The cue is 98% and has only been used for about an hour since russ refinished it for me last year. Any idea on how i could price this cue if i decide to sell it. i have no idea how to post pictures on here or i would post one..........................mike

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hi,

I don't mean to be sarcastic, but....

Ebay. Ebay is viewed by thousands of cue buffs who are all competing to aquire you're cue. They are all looking for a good deal until they all bid it up to the point where it is no longer a good deal. This is ultimately to you're benefit. Occasionally good deals happen on ebay, but more often than not, people really pay to much (IMHO). So, take good pictures of it, explain it in detail (specs, etc....), have a good feedback (or use an account that does) and sell that thang. Also, don't put to high a reserve on that puppy, or you will lose credibility with the buying audiance. Also, hardass ebayers that state: "sold as is, and no returns", don't get the best bids because it sounds like they might have something to hide. Have no fear since there will be a ton of people looking for Espirutus to buy on ebay.
Ebay = Market Value + over eager bidders.

Regards,

Doug

cueball1950 said:
I have a russ espiritu cue that i am thinking of selling. it has 6 points linen wrap with 6 little windows on the butt end. The cue is 98% and has only been used for about an hour since russ refinished it for me last year. Any idea on how i could price this cue if i decide to sell it. i have no idea how to post pictures on here or i would post one..........................mike

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
mike,

you can do a search on e-bay in the "billiards/cues/other cues" sectionfor 1)espiritu and 2) completed items and you will get a listing of espiritu cues sold on e-bay for the last 30 days or so. this should give you a good idea of a price range. you can also check websites for pre-owned cues and try to find similar cues for sale. it takes a little work but will be worth the effort.

RSB-Refugee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Salamander said:
Tap tap
Salamander said:
So, take good pictures of it, explain it in detail (specs, etc....), have a good feedback (or use an account that does) and sell that thang.
Good pictures are of great importance. No blurry tiny ones, they make people think you are trying to hide flaws.

Salamander said:
Also, don't put to high a reserve on that puppy, or you will lose credibility with the buying audiance.
I would recommend no reserve, maybe a starting bid that equals your rock bottom price would be better. Reserve auctions cost more anyway. If you want a lot of people to follow your auction, start it at $1 with no reserve. It takes a leap of faith, but it gets plenty of attention from those who are in the market for your cue. It is also a good way to start a bidding frenzy.

Tracy

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
cueball1950 said:

I've seen enough change hands to know Espiritu's are bringing in middle of the road prices. I think they price out about the same as Schons. I would say from the description yours would be in the $400 - $500 range unless the points have veneers, than maybe add $100. I don't know what you had in mind.

Chris

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
RSB-Refugee said:
I would recommend no reserve, maybe a starting bid that equals your rock bottom price would be better. Reserve auctions cost more anyway. If you want a lot of people to follow your auction, start it at $1 with no reserve. It takes a leap of faith, but it gets plenty of attention from those who are in the market for your cue. It is also a good way to start a bidding frenzy.

I've sold a bit on ebay, and ALWAYS start at $1, no reserve. I find that I usually get a higher bid in the long run, then had I started high or with reserve.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cueball1950 said:
Mike, I think it is worth about $20.
Bring it to VF and I'll take it off of your hands. :D :D :D