Jimmy Reid Dvd's On E-bay...

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My old friend Jimmy Reid has a great deal on E-Bay for his 5 DVD instructional collection. Jimmy has been fighting cancer for quite a while now and is in failing health. This may be the last chance for someone to own a piece of billiards history. Jimmy was voted 'best money player' by his peers and is a former world champion in 8-ball, 9-ball and one pocket. I've personally known Jimmy since the late seventies and he has always been a gentleman with me and taught me quite a few valuable lessons on the table. He had few equals as far as his pool knowledge and shows you everything he knows on the DVD collection. I own a set and they are worth ten times what you will pay for them through e-bay. I am not making anything for doing this for Jimmy and he doesn't even know that I am posting this on AZ. This is all about Jimmy Reid now. He deserves all the help we can give him. Here is the link to the new auction. Jimmy just put 2 more sets on E-bay. Thanks for the support you are showing my good friend Jimmy Reid.http://cgi.ebay.com/Pool-And-Billia...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1308&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I happened to think of Jimmy the other day wondering how he is. Any updates on his condition? Hoping for some good news!!!
Dan

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
quedup said:
I happened to think of Jimmy the other day wondering how he is. Any updates on his condition? Hoping for some good news!!!
Dan
I phoned him last month and he wasn't doing too well. He had a feeding tube inserted that had gotten infected and had to be taken back in to the hospital to get it re-done. He is still in good spirits for all the crap he's been through. It would benefit him greatly if more people would bid on his DVD's. It would make him feel better knowing that more people appreciated his lifes work.:thumbup:

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
dick reid

would jimmy Reid have any relations to Dick Reid world class Billiards player from lawrence Mass? Who has passed about two years ago?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thanks!

Darth said:
I phoned him last month and he wasn't doing too well. He had a feeding tube inserted that had gotten infected and had to be taken back in to the hospital to get it re-done. He is still in good spirits for all the crap he's been through. It would benefit him greatly if more people would bid on his DVD's. It would make him feel better knowing that more people appreciated his lifes work.:thumbup:

Thanks for the update! Hope that he continues to be in good spirits and pray that his struggles with health take a turn for the better. I am sure that he has seen all the news from Gloucester lately.. I do miss that place sometimes and really miss Nick's. It was about the only thing to do in Gloucester especially in the winter... Nick Denikas and later his son Artie ran a tight shop in a tough town..
Good Times and Great Memories!
Dan

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
189   0   0
i would be willing to donate cue and case to raffle if someones willing to handle the raffle and send jimmy the proceeds it think it would be a great thing to do for jimmy everyone here can afford a few dollars to help this man out it would be the right thing to do....

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I bought all of Jimmy's DVDs about a year ago, and just watched them again the other day. I had no idea who he was at the time, but since then I have been telling my friends that Jimmy has the best banking and kicking systems and instruction that I have seen on video, period. I have seen MANY MANY instructional pool videos, and I honestly think Jimmy's are among the absolute best. I look at it this way, if I'm willing to drop $1,500 on a cue, why wouldn't I invest $115 to get instruction from a champion and improve my play for life? Here is a link to Jimmy's web site.

I had no idea that Jimmy was sick, and I wish him the best. Please pass along my well wishes if you talk to him, and tell him how much I appreciate and value his contribution to pool.
Thanks.
Mr H

Last edited:

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I just saw the current price on this library of Reid DVDs, and someone is going to get a real steal here!!!

I kid you not, if you've seen Kinister the Monk, the Australian Oyster, the Pro Book series, etc, Jimmy's videos are MUCH better than any of these, especially for banking and kicking 1,2,3,4, and 5 rails. I play in a league once per week, and my team knows what I mean when I say "Thank you Jimmy" out loud after making one of these advanced shots to get myself out of trouble and win the game.

I tell anyone who is serious about improving their game that the videos they absolutely MUST get are Jimmy Reid's and Racking Secrets by Joe Tucker.

Mr H

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
bumpthread.gif
for a great deal.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So did I. I already own the Art of 8 Ball and No Time for Negative on VHS. I bought this purely for the second video, and to help out Jimmy. Tell Jimmy he's in my prayers.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.9%
93   1   0
I got 1 too. Looking forward to seeing these dvd's.
Hope it helps Jimmy a little.

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Jimmy Reid Health Update..............

I just posted on the main forum that I just got off the phone with Jimmy Reid and he received some encouraging news today. He had a CAT scan done and is now CANCER FREE!!! He still has other health issues keeping him weak but don't count him out. Jimmy said to thank everyone on AZ for their thoughts, prayers and support. He was amazed at the outpouring of love everyone has shown him in his time of need. I also wish to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart also for helping one of my friends. :) :)

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Last bumparooni for the night shift. Thanks to everyone for the kind words about Jimmy.:happydance:

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I thought that the eBay auction ended?

Just curious why the bumps after the auction ended?

I bought a set and I'm very happy to support Jimmy so this isn't a negative but just want to know the purpose of the bump.

Thanks!

Darth

Cyber Fox 4/8/96-7/1/09
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There are more......................

Masirib5 said:
Just curious why the bumps after the auction ended?

I bought a set and I'm very happy to support Jimmy so this isn't a negative but just want to know the purpose of the bump.

Thanks!
Here is a link to more DVDs. I just spoke to Jimmy about 1 hour ago and he put more sets on e-bay. Thanks for the support you are giving my good friend Jimmy Reid.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pool-And-Billia...ryZ75195QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited: