I LOVE my abalone rings!!!

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
I've never had abalone in a cue before, decided on it instead of ivory for the ring inlays on my new Ginacue. It lights up so many different ways in different light, I don't think I'll ever get another cue without it. Here's some pics of the rings in varied light...the colors are ever changing....

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

r81.jpg

DSC_0185a.jpg

r10.jpg

r12.jpg

r9.jpg

And this last one was the camera handheld and the cue handheld, so it's blurry, but the colors are awesome.....

DSC_0156.JPG

Anyway, I LOVE the abalone!!!! Hope you like it too.

Joe

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love abalone dots in rings ...it's the whole left coast abalone influence thats really cool....I will have abalone dots in rings someday!!!

bells

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeh the abalone looks good in the rings on this cue. I like abalone when its used in small intricate inlays.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are some tasty rings for sure!!! I wonder if they got them from Bodega Bay!!
Dan

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
quedup said:
Those are some tasty rings for sure!!! I wonder if they got them from Bodega Bay!!
Dan

Hehehe, I'm not sure, I'll hafta ask Ernie....maybe the abalone was "tasty" too.....:)

Joe

Arbey007

Got Skills?
Silver Member
I know this cue is absolutely simple but kick a$$...it woulda been better if it was in ivory joint ;)

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
arbey007 said:
I know this cue is absolutely simple but kick a$$...it woulda been better if it was in ivory joint ;)

Arbey,

If you remember my "blue" Gina, it was SUPER fancy. I wanted this cue to be just the opposite. It coulda had an ivory joint, an elephant wrap, ivory points, veneers, boxes, inlaid shafts...all the things my last one had, but this I wanted to be plain.

I feel better with this cue as a "player" for a few reasons. It reminds me of my 40 year old Gina, stainless joint, linen wrap....I guess it's a little retro.....:)

I also find that careful as I may be, I end up dinging up my "player". A barstool leg here, a lightbox there......and I don't feel AS bad when that happens to this cue. I feel like this is a cue I could play with a VERY long time.

Thankfully, Ernie knew I wanted it plain so he kept me from going "crazy" while he was making it. I was there for almost all it's construction and originally the rings were not gonna have the abalone but as he was building it I started askin'....'what about maybe a few barbells?, should I get an ivory joint?, remember my inlaid shafts?", etc. He kept sayin', "I thought you wanted plain!".

In the end, he made one of the abalone rings and showed it to me. He knew I was dying for something that would keep it "plain", but would make it unique and give it just a little "bling". He knows me well.

Anyway, I LOVE the way it came out, couldn't be happier.

Thanks Ernie....:wink:

Joe

P.S. With the stainless joint and the linen wrap, it's pretty easy for Ernie to make the joint ivory and the wrap a hide if I am ever overcome with the urge. It's much tougher to go from ivory to stainless or from leather to linen.....:)

Last edited:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
These rings were a perfect fit for your new Gina. Hope you're enjoying the cue.

Keep in touch,
Jimmy