Keith Mcready!!

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
I was sitting here trying to get to sleep and while I was winding down I decided to finally look for Keith online. All I can say is; Man I am impressed all to hell!!

I have never actually seen him play outside of his acting on the color of money and a brief cameo in the US open a few yesrs ago. These matches are from 1988 and DAMN he has some type of game. My only question is what happens to players like him and Jesse Bowman that have so much natural talent just fade away? These guys hang with and can beat world champs without ever practicing.

http://www.youtube.com/results?q=keith+mcready&search_type=

There are quite a few clips from this site.

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PROG8R said:
I was sitting here trying to get to sleep and while I was winding down I decided to finally look for Keith online. All I can say is; Man I am impressed all to hell!!

I have never actually seen him play outside of his acting on the color of money and a brief cameo in the US open a few yesrs ago. These matches are from 1988 and DAMN he has some type of game. My only question is what happens to players like him and Jesse Bowman that have so much natural talent just fade away? These guys hang with and can beat world champs without ever practicing.

http://www.youtube.com/results?q=keith+mcready&search_type=

There are quite a few clips from this site.

They do a lot of drugs and end up looking like Keith does now.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RunoutalloverU said:

What do you look like? Oh, that's right. You're an Internet troll, a keyboard cowboy who takes pleasure in posting crap on forums to cause trouble. You're a banned man posting, Pal. It's only a matter of time before you cross the line one too many times.

JAM

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RunoutalloverU said:
What would make a person want to say something like that? What about the old adage 'if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say anything'.

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
I personally love what Keith has done for the game. Watching that skill level at work is pure entertainment.

Yet, in a thread posting clips that praise his prowess on the table someone walks up and vomits all over the place.

Unbelievable! Simply unbelievable!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
JG-in-KY said:
What would make a person want to say something like that? What about the old adage 'if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say anything'.

Just another piece of cowardly garbage hiding behind a pc monitor. Johnnyt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
Just another piece of cowardly garbage hiding behind a pc monitor. Johnnyt

I'm sickened by it and, quite frankly, give up. I know this is a moderated forum, and I know if there is intervention, the moderators will get criticism. Maybe it is just meant to be. Some people have no business posting on forums, and ironically, I am beginning to think I am one of them. The forums can be quite hurtful. I know this type of dialogue brings pleasure to some.

JAM

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
JAM said:
I'm sickened by it and, quite frankly, give up. I know this is a moderated forum, and I know if there is intervention, the moderators will get criticism. Maybe it is just meant to be. Some people have no business posting on forums, and ironically, I am beginning to think I am one of them. The forums can be quite hurtful. I know this type of dialogue brings pleasure to some.

JAM

I am sorry, I had no intentions of this guys type of crap. :mad:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PROG8R said:
I am sorry, I had no intentions of this guys type of crap. :mad:

It certainly is not your fault. I appreciate your kind words about Keith.

I don't understand why there is such hatred in this pool world, but I am finding more and more that there are quite a few who seem to derive pleasure from posting mean-spirited words, to include untruths. For whatever reason, that is forum culture, I guess. There's some good pool folks on this forum, to include you. :)

JAM

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
JAM, don't worry about that guy really, don't let him spoil your day as he is not worth it.

He has no clue, Keith looks pretty darn good these days. To look at him now you would not know he was a true road warrior if you didn't know it.

Kev

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
JAM said:
It certainly is not your fault. I appreciate your kind words about Keith.

I don't understand why there is such hatred in this pool world, but I am finding more and more that there are quite a few who seem to derive pleasure from posting mean-spirited words, to include untruths. For whatever reason, that is forum culture, I guess. There's some good pool folks on this forum, to include you. :)

JAM
Don't let an internet troll control what you want to do....;)

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like everyone hates reality.

If you ask me it the ones that turn a blind eye to that behavior that are the real cowards.

How many threads have you read in your life about "what is wrong with pool" or the image of pool?

Well someone just told you and what happens you pile on them with name calling.

So while you may not want to admit it or simply choose to ingore it, it is in fact true and the reason many have faded.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pii said:
Seems like everyone hates reality.

If you ask me it the ones that turn a blind eye to that behavior that are the real cowards.

How many threads have you read in your life about "what is wrong with pool" or the image of pool?

Well someone just told you and what happens you pile on them with name calling.

So while you may not want to admit it or simply choose to ingore it, it is in fact true and the reason many have faded.

Let me get this right. So you are blaming Keith McCready for pool's popularity fading?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

It is interesting that the events I have attended with Keith, his table seems to be crowded by many onlookers. In fact, at the U.S. Open, a vote was taken to see who the audience wanted to see play on the TV table. Keith's name was the unanimous choice, over top champions like Rodney Morris and others.

I don't hate reality, but I do not like untruths. Keith hasn't done a damn thing to contribute to pool's demise. Au contraire, it's the minute few who share the same view as you of the American pool public who is killing pool.

Go to the DCC and then tell me gambling, action, woofing, and barking is what's killing pool.

JAM

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think in twenty years, we will still talk about Keith and
the game he played. I think that his name and pool go hand
in hand.

It just sickens me this type of attack on someone.

The poster was off base and you defending him is no better.
mrs.g

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gunn_Slinger said:
I think in twenty years, we will still talk about Keith and
the game he played. I think that his name and pool go hand
in hand.

It just sickens me this type of attack on someone.

The poster was off base and you defending him is no better.
mrs.g

Pii has demeaned Keith before on this forum. Nothing new here. He is entitled to his opinion, but I don't think he's even old enough to have a valid one, truth be told.

JAM