BHQ'S own BHQ is completed , yeeeehaaaaaaa

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
i thought it was about time i have one of my own cues :D
shaft is an old predator with 5/16x14 brass insert
i bored it out and plugged with purpleheart and tapped for my 3/8x10
i still have to recess my bumper , got my lathe tied up with other things at the moment
me1.jpg

me2.jpg

me3.jpg

me4.jpg

me5.jpg

me6.jpg

me7.jpg

me8.jpg

Carl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very Nice

Now if you only had time to use it!

BTW, what's taking up space on the lathe? Anything I might be interested in? Say, an ebony and BEM butterfly?

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Carl said:
Now if you only had time to use it!

BTW, what's taking up space on the lathe? Anything I might be interested in? Say, an ebony and BEM butterfly?
going to make time tonight :thumbup:
starting your cue next week, was gonna get you over next saturday to confirm everything
how's that sound?

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
just the guy to ask

Nice work, by the way ..... :thumbup:

Is the hit of buckhorn, pretty much the same as ivory, all other things being equal? Is the difference cosmetic only?

Thanks Brent ...

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
RascalDoc said:
Nice work, by the way ..... :thumbup:

Is the hit of buckhorn, pretty much the same as ivory, all other things being equal? Is the difference cosmetic only?

Thanks Brent ...
i think so , yes. and it's legal to ship out of usa

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Nice Cue.....

But You Gotta Take That Elkmaster Of Of That Poor Predator. I Can Hear The Shaft Crying Way Over Here On Teh East Coast.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
Nice Cue.....

But You Gotta Take That Elkmaster Of Of That Poor Predator. I Can Hear The Shaft Crying Way Over Here On Teh East Coast.
i bounce back & forth between elks and lepros. this one is actually a milk dud. soaked and squeezed the livin' crap out of in a vise. prolly harder than any lepro for sure now.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
BHQ said:
i bounce back & forth between elks and lepros. this one is actually a milk dud. soaked and squeezed the livin' crap out of in a vise. prolly harder than any lepro for sure now.

I GUESS THAT'S BETTER THAN A REGULAR ELK..... ENJOY YOUR NEW CUE. YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE TO GET A CUE FROM THESE NEWAGE CUEMAKERS...LOL..

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
I GUESS THAT'S BETTER THAN A REGULAR ELK..... ENJOY YOUR NEW CUE. YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE TO GET A CUE FROM THESE NEWAGE CUEMAKERS...LOL..
well, it took me 5 years :eek:
that damn BHQ is slower than molasses :eek:

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
thanks

Thank you sir!! It also , to me, has a little cosmetic flair to it that ivory does not but thats about as subjective as it could be.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
RascalDoc said:
Thank you sir!! It also , to me, has a little cosmetic flair to it that ivory does not but thats about as subjective as it could be.
and it stinks just as bad as ivory when cutting it
think of your last filling at the dentist
same god awful smell :(

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Nice looking cue Brent .... I keep seeing your butterfly work and keep wishing more and more maybe I had incorporated that into the J/B you are making for me ... You do some great looking butterfly work for a guy that can't cook Pizza to save his life...lol...

Last edited:

ridewiththewind

&#9829; Hippie Hustler &#9829;
Silver Member
BHQ said:
well, it took me 5 years :eek:
that damn BHQ is slower than molasses :eek:

LoL!! Nice to see you finally got around to building and actually keeping one...at least until someone tells you they want it. :nanner:

Lisa

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is one sweet cue stick indeed :)

The silver rings with the buck horn collars and butt cap really gives the cue a nice look to it and it looks to be a pretty smooth, but solid shooter too :)

Keep up the good work BHQ, I've noticed that you've been making alot of good cues over the past year or so and they seem get better each time :)

Willie

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
The King said:
Nice looking cue Brent .... I keep seeing your butterfly work and keep wishing more and more maybe I had incorporated that into the J/B you are making for me ... You do some great looking butterfly work for a guy that can't cook Pizza to save his life...lol...
Yea, but he cooks a mean purpleheart:D
Good looking butterflys Brent.
Dave

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
The King said:
we will on the next one!!!! ;)
can't ever have enuff jumpbreaks laying around ya know

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Brent, stop making a cue for yourself. You have customers waiting. ;)

Looking awesome btw. Should be a stiff and hard hitter. My kinda cue. Send it my way and I'll return it back when I get mine. :D

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
BlowFish said:
Brent, stop making a cue for yourself. You have customers waiting. ;)

Looking awesome btw. Should be a stiff and hard hitter. My kinda cue. Send it my way and I'll return it back when I get mine. :D
hahhahahhahaaaaaaaaa, no way buddy. this is a keeper, even with that old beat up, knicked up, skinny ass predator i have on it. i'll get around to making my own shaft for it sometime soon. may have to put off a few certain customers cues to do it though, LOL ;)

remind me someday to tell you the story of how close this damn cue came to being thrown into the woods behind my shop. :eek:

Last edited: