Two different customers, two different preferences, two different new cues.

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first cue - not so Sneaky Pete. Six points full splice. Black & White hornbeam. Shaft with crown "hornbeam in hornbeam". "Window style" rings-work . The cue sizes are close to traditional. Length 58 " (29 " +29 "). Tip 12.85 mm, joint of 21.4 mm (0.845"), sleeve 31.7 mm (1.248"). Weight about 19.5 ounces. Clean coats auto-PU with water polishing. This cue leaves to the customer for Monday - Tuesday. I worry.:)

68 041_1.jpg

The second cue - Six points full splice with recut. Wenge , White hornbeam, East - Indian rosewood. "Window style" rings-work . This cue is more thin then usual though is longer than usual. Length 60 ". Tip about 12.25 mm, joint about 20.6 mm (0.811"), sleeve about 31 mm (1.22"). Weight about 19.5 ounces. Covering - the Danish Oil. This cue has already arrived to the customer and I hope soon to find out how this cue will be liked. Worry too :)

68 046_1.jpg

Last edited:

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Very nice and simple. My kinda cue. What's the pin (material and thread) on the first cue?

Jule

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've already heard from the owner of the second cue that he likes it quite a lot :)

Those are two great new cues to add to your gallery! They absolutely fit your style and are very unique-looking! I'm sure they'll perform very well too.

By the way since we're talking 'bout performance, don't forget the two great looking new shafts you've built for me! Really can't wait to try them out!

dmitryshaftsoh7.jpg

Last edited:

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys.:)

What's the pin (material and thread) on the first cue?
On the first cue the Atlas 3/8-10 flat nose black G-10 pin. On the second cue Radial pin.

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The second is mine :) Unfortunately my english doesn't allow me to write all my expressions with it, but it try.
Very stiff hit with clear nice sound (predator player wouldn't like it ;) ) Very directly and precisely. Good english transfer with low deflection, very gut behavior on strong shots with english.
The feeling of pure wood without a coating is amazing. I highly recommend to try it out to every wrapless cues lover :)

Last edited:

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
DBK,

Both cues are very nice. Do you have any close-up pictures of the ringwork?

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DBK,

Both cues are very nice. Do you have any close-up pictures of the ringwork?

Thanks. Only this one. Excuse for a dust on the covering.:)
68 0371.jpg

Last edited:

sneak_peter

"the tulip way of life"
Silver Member
i held this cue in my hands yesterday and played a little. the feeling of the oilfinished wood was really good and like simple said, it had a nice hit!
these are very interesting and well constructed cues by dimitri!

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, after i'm playing my new cue a little bit longer, my impressions.
Our local cuemaker have made the shaft thinner, since it had too conical taper for me. Now its near my ideal :) I have had problems with longer cue, but now I'm feeling more confident. The deflection is really small, I can't compare it to predator shafts, but I'll try to find out. I don't have problems to draw the cueball more.

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, I LOVE the look and feel of super short ferrules. It just really allows the wood to resonate, ya know?

Any followup on this? That ebony six point is sexay!

Thanks. Ferrule is made minimally functional to keep the maximal feedback from wood. In this case ferrule is necessary only for protection of forward end face of shaft against splitting.

Now I temporarily do not take orders for six points, but I "play" with four points. For example such variant with three recuts:)

126482569.jpg

Jule

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3C = Three-cushion billiards, but I think the influence derives from Russian Pyramid billiards :)

The upper of the two shafts I posted is a Carom shaft though! And it performes very, very nicely too! Even I hit a 3C with it sometimes :D

The lower shaft is my main player for pool. It's very heavy (over 5oz.) and very stiff and I play it with a very hard leather. It's the most precise shaft I've ever played with. I really like it a lot!