Code of Conduct for girl-friends of pool players

kath13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm posting this on request for friends who wanted a copy of this. I wrote this one night, bored in a pool room. If you have anything negative to say, I won't be responding. If you have a new rule to add, please do so. It always makes me laugh to hear other women's woes in regards to the pool playing men in their life. Makes me feel better. :) For those of you who read this and understand, enjoy! I can't take full credit for all the rules, so thanks, you know who you are.

CODE OF CONDUCT
FOR
GIRL-FRIENDS OF POOL PLAYING BOY-BRIENDS (PPB)

2 Rules of engagement; note some rules may be the same for both.
Winning PPB and/or
Losing PPB

1. No talking! Unless directly engaged by PPB. If you do not fully understand this rule, let me go into detail as to what this rule means to you the girl-friend of PPB.

2. Do not acknowledge anyone verbally in the pool-room. Why say hi out-loud, when a head nod will suffice? Plus, let?s not draw the attention of your PPB, especially when he?s winning, you do not want to draw his ire if he was to miss his next shot and blame you for saying hi to someone.

3. Never engage in conversation with the opponent of your PPB. Some wily opponents out there know the quickest way to bring the downfall of your PPB is to engage the girl-friend. Never put yourself in this position! This can bring the end to any new relationship?

4. No giggling! This should be self-explanatory.

5. No eye-rolling. It?s safer if you do not provide any negative facial expressions period, regardless if he?s winning or not. The tide can turn quickly in any game and again you do not want to draw his attention to you.

6. No asking if he?s okay.

7. No asking how the game is going.

8. No asking what the score is.

9. No asking if he?s winning or losing, it is your responsibility to keep mental track of where?s he at in the game or set. This can be especially difficult if he?s playing one-pocket or straight pool. For those girl-friends who are not familiar with these games, it?s best if you refer to rule number 1. If you get curious, hold all questions until you get home and ask only if PPB won for the evening.

10. Do not provide any verbal support, unless PPB asks for it. Now, this can be a tricky one if you haven?t been with your PPB for very long. Every PPB is different! You must determine quickly if your PPB really wants the verbal support or if he just needs someone to talk to. If you have a PPB who just needs to talk, this can be frustrating, but you must remember rule number 1, no matter how much you want to respond. Remember he is gambling and you are just there for him.

11. No sighing!

12. No asking when he will be done or when you can go home. I must emphasize this rule. The could be cause for ending the relationship or blaming you for a loss or never being asked to go with him to the pool-room again. Remember in his mind, you do not need to be there.

13. Do not get out of your chair, unless to get a drink or to use the bathroom. If you do get a drink, only ask your PPB if he would like a beverage if you have the experience in the relationship to ask. If you do not, then you are safer not to ask. If he wants something, he will tell you directly.

14. No whining! PPB can go into a pool-room for a few minutes or for hours. To be on the safe side, if you accompany him, you must be prepared for being there until close. If you get bored, remember you chose to be there. Bring a book, bring a portable DVD or game player, never act as if you are getting bored or uncomfortable. This would bring negative attention to you and again could be cause for arguments or end of relationship.

15. Only play the juke-box if you know your PPB likes music when he plays.

16. Never give your PPB reason to blame you for a loss or for losing his attention on playing. The only way to do this is by not talking and not moving. Think of yourself as a living statue.

17. If your PPB has won or lost, you must know what to do after the game is over. If he has won, this will usually allow you more room to talk about how you saw the evening. If he has lost, it?s much safer to take the quiet, supportive role and allow him some quiet time to take the loss in. Again, every PPB is different, but if he has lost any money , you should not comment in any way.

18. Playing pool is a competitive one-on-one sport There is always one winner and one loser. There is no such thing as coming in second. PPB?s take a loss very hard, it?s personal for them. Don?t say or do anything that may attack their ego, of which every PPB has a large one or they wouldn?t be playing pool. If you do not understand the competitive nature of this sport, you must respect the fact that they are out there alone playing and feel very vulnerable when they lose. They will never admit this but quite simply, it?s true.

19. Phone and texting rules: Don?t call and don?t text when he?s playing, this will likely annoy him anyway. If he?s in the pool room, think of him as if he?s on an island without any form or means of communication. If you are the jealous type, the pool room is probably the safest place for your PPB to be anyway.

19. If after reading this and you still want to continue the relationship, you must be crazy, which means it will probably work out for the both of you.

20. If you are the boy-friend of a pool playing girl-friend, the rules will apply to you as well, except for the verbal support rule. Most PPG?s will appreciate the verbal support, but to be on the safe side, only provide it when asked for it.

21. These rules apply whether your PPB is gambling or in a tournament or in some cases practicing.

22. Never say, "It looked like such an easy shot, why did you miss it? Or, "Why did you do that?

23. If your PPB is losing, never say, "It's just a game."

24. If your upset for any reason when your PPB is gambling, never say, "Your just having fun and I'm bored, tired, etc."

25. If you follow these rules, you will become the epitome of what every PPB wishes they had. The perfect girl-friend.

26. And the last and most important rule, get a job! Get a really good job, maybe think about taking 2 jobs. You won?t be seeing him outside the pool room much anyway.

Last edited:

Milo

NPL CHIX, WE DID IT!!!!!
Silver Member
Lol

This is a funny thread!!
I think this belongs in the main forum.
There are some rules that are reasonable, just tooo many, IMO.
The only thing I have to say to you. If your PPB is this picky and nitty, you need to get a new boyfriend!!!!!!!!:D

My god, you might as well be sitting out in the car!!!!

miss jolie

Registered
Milo said:
This is a funny thread!!
I think this belongs in the main forum.
There are some rules that are reasonable, just tooo many, IMO.
The only thing I have to say to you. If your PPB is this picky and nitty, you need to get a new boyfriend!!!!!!!!:D

My god, you might as well be sitting out in the car!!!!
THAT BREAKS THE UNWRITTEN RULE OF WONDERING WHERE AND WHAT YOUR DOING LOL

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
WHOA!!! Does your ppb seriously make you follow these rules? If so, my name's Drew, I'm single, I have no ridiculous rules, and I'm great in the sack (or so I've heard).

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
You must have a real prikk of a PPB there if this is how you perceive it to be.
MULLY

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got an edge/angle

:cool: Kath13,
The next time I play your PPB I'm going to talk to you the entire time. Thanks for the advice!!!!!:cool:

Edited to tell Kath13 she is getting a positive rep for her post. She probably needs an explanation since she is new to the forums!!

Last edited:

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
You could condense these notes into a simple easy to carry form...

Basically it just says Sit down and shut the F up... or stay at home

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all, let me just say that AZhouse pro needs to move this to the main forum so it will get the attention it deserves.

This is absolutely brilliant! I think what people need to understand is this is a bit of an exaggeration (sp?) to a whole lot of truth. If any of you have ever traveled with a boyfriend/husband on the the road, these rules would make total sense to you. I know I have personally dealt with most of these things at one time or another......thank goodness not all in the same day!

One more thing.....lighten up people... It's supposed to be funny!

Great post!

Christyd

Last edited:

Surly

This is it.
Silver Member
Yesterday I played on a table right next to two dudes and one PPG. She must have said, "Good shot, Josh" t w e n t y - f i v e times. I can only imagine how annoying that is for him.

But at least now it's good for making my husband smile when he makes a sweet shot.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of these rules are directly proportional to the "hotness factor." As the hotness quotient rise on the graph, the strictness of rules will fall.

However, if the bet is above the comfort zone, the "hotness factor" will decrease in proportional importance.

Last edited:

BigDaddyInc.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When im playin a tournament match and my girl is with me whenever i miss a shot i walk back and stand with her she will take her hand and start gently rubbing my back. Like she's tryin to comfort me or sum shit and it annoys the shit outta me! I wanna try to find a way to tell her not to do it but i can't see any good way to avoid sum type of arguement about me not wanting her to touch me during a match.

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kath13 said:
I'm posting this on request for friends who wanted a copy of this. I wrote this one night, bored in a pool room. If you have anything negative to say, I won't be responding. If you have a new rule to add, please do so. It always makes me laugh to hear other women's woes in....

Mad reps to you!
Of course, any person willing to abide by ALL of these rules must either be in love, or crazy...not that there's much difference between both!

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
BigDaddyInc. said:
When im playin a tournament match and my girl is with me whenever i miss a shot i walk back and stand with her she will take her hand and start gently rubbing my back. Like she's tryin to comfort me or sum shit and it annoys the shit outta me! I wanna try to find a way to tell her not to do it but i can't see any good way to avoid sum type of arguement about me not wanting her to touch me during a match.

Don't stand by her after a missed shot? Johnnyt

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kath13 said:
" 3. Never engage in conversation with the opponent of your PPB. Some wily opponents out there know the quickest way to bring the downfall of your PPB is to engage the girl-friend. Never put yourself in this position! This can bring the end to any new relationship "

kath 13,

That is one of my shark moves and I try to seduce my opponent`s girl friend even if she is 300 pounds in weight.That makes my opponent mad.

PS: better dump yore boyfriend and go for a guy like me.I do not have all those rules.I have only one rule- stay home and don`t show up at the pool room. :grin-square: :grin-square: :cool: :grin-square: :grin-square:

Last edited:

bullshooter69

Dirt Road Player
Silver Member
You may be on to something

kath13 said:
I'm posting this on request for friends who wanted a copy of this. I wrote this one night, bored in a pool room. If you have anything negative to say, I won't be responding. If you have a new rule to add, please do so. It always makes me laugh to hear other women's woes in regards to the pool playing men in their life. Makes me feel better. :) For those of you who read this and understand, enjoy! I can't take full credit for all the rules, so thanks, you know who you are.

CODE OF CONDUCT
FOR
GIRL-FRIENDS OF POOL PLAYING BOY-BRIENDS (PPB)

2 Rules of engagement; note some rules may be the same for both.
Winning PPB and/or
Losing PPB

1. No talking! Unless directly engaged by PPB. If you do not fully understand this rule, let me go into detail as to what this rule means to you the girl-friend of PPB.

2. Do not acknowledge anyone verbally in the pool-room. Why say hi out-loud, when a head nod will suffice? Plus, let?s not draw the attention of your PPB, especially when he?s winning, you do not want to draw his ire if he was to miss his next shot and blame you for saying hi to someone.

3. Never engage in conversation with the opponent of your PPB. Some wily opponents out there know the quickest way to bring the downfall of your PPB is to engage the girl-friend. Never put yourself in this position! This can bring the end to any new relationship?

4. No giggling! This should be self-explanatory.

5. No eye-rolling. It?s safer if you do not provide any negative facial expressions period, regardless if he?s winning or not. The tide can turn quickly in any game and again you do not want to draw his attention to you.

6. No asking if he?s okay.

7. No asking how the game is going.

8. No asking what the score is.

9. No asking if he?s winning or losing, it is your responsibility to keep mental track of where?s he at in the game or set. This can be especially difficult if he?s playing one-pocket or straight pool. For those girl-friends who are not familiar with these games, it?s best if you refer to rule number 1. If you get curious, hold all questions until you get home and ask only if PPB won for the evening.

10. Do not provide any verbal support, unless PPB asks for it. Now, this can be a tricky one if you haven?t been with your PPB for very long. Every PPB is different! You must determine quickly if your PPB really wants the verbal support or if he just needs someone to talk to. If you have a PPB who just needs to talk, this can be frustrating, but you must remember rule number 1, no matter how much you want to respond. Remember he is gambling and you are just there for him.

11. No sighing!

12. No asking when he will be done or when you can go home. I must emphasize this rule. The could be cause for ending the relationship or blaming you for a loss or never being asked to go with him to the pool-room again. Remember in his mind, you do not need to be there.

13. Do not get out of your chair, unless to get a drink or to use the bathroom. If you do get a drink, only ask your PPB if he would like a beverage if you have the experience in the relationship to ask. If you do not, then you are safer not to ask. If he wants something, he will tell you directly.

14. No whining! PPB can go into a pool-room for a few minutes or for hours. To be on the safe side, if you accompany him, you must be prepared for being there until close. If you get bored, remember you chose to be there. Bring a book, bring a portable DVD or game player, never act as if you are getting bored or uncomfortable. This would bring negative attention to you and again could be cause for arguments or end of relationship.

15. Only play the juke-box if you know your PPB likes music when he plays.

16. Never give your PPB reason to blame you for a loss or for losing his attention on playing. The only way to do this is by not talking and not moving. Think of yourself as a living statue.

17. If your PPB has won or lost, you must know what to do after the game is over. If he has won, this will usually allow you more room to talk about how you saw the evening. If he has lost, it?s much safer to take the quiet, supportive role and allow him some quiet time to take the loss in. Again, every PPB is different, but if he has lost any money , you should not comment in any way.

18. Playing pool is a competitive one-on-one sport There is always one winner and one loser. There is no such thing as coming in second. PPB?s take a loss very hard, it?s personal for them. Don?t say or do anything that may attack their ego, of which every PPB has a large one or they wouldn?t be playing pool. If you do not understand the competitive nature of this sport, you must respect the fact that they are out there alone playing and feel very vulnerable when they lose. They will never admit this but quite simply, it?s true.

19. Phone and texting rules: Don?t call and don?t text when he?s playing, this will likely annoy him anyway. If he?s in the pool room, think of him as if he?s on an island without any form or means of communication. If you are the jealous type, the pool room is probably the safest place for your PPB to be anyway.

19. If after reading this and you still want to continue the relationship, you must be crazy, which means it will probably work out for the both of you.

20. If you are the boy-friend of a pool playing girl-friend, the rules will apply to you as well, except for the verbal support rule. Most PPG?s will appreciate the verbal support, but to be on the safe side, only provide it when asked for it.

21. These rules apply whether your PPB is gambling or in a tournament or in some cases practicing.

22. If you follow these rules, you will become the epitome of what every PPB wishes they had. The perfect girl-friend.

23. And the last and most important rule, get a job! Get a really good job, maybe think about taking 2 jobs. You won?t be seeing him outside the pool room much anyway.
You could add before he goes to play automatically breakup. So then you could have breakup sex. Then when he comes home you can get back together and then have get back together sex. Then this could be the perfect relationship.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I know this is a fun thread but I can't see bringing your GF to a pool hall if your going to gamble.

I saw something like this a few years ago in a poolroom. The guy is playing 9-ball $10 and game a his girl is just sitting there.

"Why don't you go play a video game?" He says.
"Nah, I'm going across the street to the male strip club. Pick me up when your done."

He was done 5min. after she walked out the door. Johnnyt

BigDaddyInc.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well johnnyt you are correct and i don't always go str8 back and stand next to her but when i do... Thank god she isn't really interested in going to tournaments and stuff she still supports me and let's me go play as long as i want and she does'nt give me any crap about it.

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
This is really hilarious. However, I think this really outlines the difference in how men and women handle stress and respond to it. For men we just want to go to a cave and really internalize things. No need to get emotional heck that would be weakness. Certainly would never show weakness in a competitive situation except aggression. The few times men will expose this kind of weakness is in an intimate relationship.