Shannon Daulton HOF

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Over at Steve Booth's great site (Onepocket.org) they are currently having nominations for worthy candidates who belong in the One Pocket and the Bank Pool Hall of Fame.

It's no secret here that my three favorite American players are Shannon Daulton, Earl Strickland and Nick Varner. Well, Shannon is being considered for placement on the ballot. I'm sure that if he gets placed on the ballot, Shannon will be inducted into the HOF. Earll is already in the BCA HOF and Nick is in the BCA and the Onepocket.org HOF. Now, it should be Shannon's time.

I wrote a short summary of some of the reasons I believe he should be placed on the ballot. That's the issue right now, just getting him on the voting ballot.

If you agree that Shannon Daulton should be considered for induction into the One Pocket and Bank Pool HOF, then maybe you can add your input and support in the thread that's going on there.

Here's the link....http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2223&page=2

Thanks everybody.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shannon is a great choice and I am sure he will get in soon enough. However, maybe they should elect some of the older players who may not be around as long as Shannon will. Either way is great, but it just sucks to have a player inducted after his death. We all know many of these players received little recognition when they were playing, and the HOF is the first time they get the respect they deserve. I, for one, would vote for Terry Ardeno in the pool historian category!:thumbup:

Last edited:

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hangemhigh said:
Thanks, he was a great player and deserved the recognition.

Most intimidating player too. Just never knew when he would lose it and tear up the joint. He just had that look of a killer!:grin:

One of my favorite one pocket players to watch.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Few more things...

Here's a list of some of the stronger players being mentioned for placement on the ballot.....
Allen Hopkins
Jose Parica
Cliff Joyner
San Jose Dick McMorran
Marvin Henderson
Jack Cooney
Buddy Hall
Johnny Ervolino

In a one on one match up in One Pocket or Banks, I like Shannon over all these wonderful champions. Title for title and $ for $, I think he beats this line up.

Also, here's a link to who is already IN the respective Hall of fames....
http://www.onepocket.org/fame.htm

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cincyman said:
I 100% agree,, Shannon deserves it!!!!!!!!!!
My vote is for Shannon
I definitly second this nomination, I think Shannon's record speaks for it's self.

Bandanna Joe

Watchez Supporter
Silver Member
My vote would be for Cliff Joyner or one of the elder players.

Shannon can have the nomination in 10 or 20 years.

I think Cecil Tugwell should not be left out. I used to watch him play a lot when he was living in St. Louis. Even after his arm/shoulder had been broken, he played top notch off handed.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I am probably not the best person to voice an opinion since it will be a little biased. I can certainly understand why people would not choose him for nomination simply due to his age and the respective ages of the other prospective nominees although I think he is certainly a sure-fire member either this year or a few years down the road. He was once as feared as anyone in all games and still plays at a very high level even though he doesn't play as often as he used to. Spending time with his family and a busy tour schedule limit his practice time but there is still a very short line of people that would even consider playing him 1P or banks.

I am sure he appreciates all the support and I think he is confident his time will come soon.

Dagwoodz

the dude abides...
Silver Member
As far as seeing who should go on the ballot, I don't see how you can leave Shannon, Cliff, Jose, Buddy, Allen, Johnny Ervelino, and Jack Cooney off the list. I'm all for seeing them go on the list to be nominated.

As far as Shannon having to wait to go on the list, why should he have to wait? His accomplishments just up to now in tournaments and the back room games have already been talked about for years. From what I read, it was what the player has either accomplished, promoted or given to the game that counts, and Shannon has already done as much as many of the players mentioned. Why shouldn't he be recognized for that? Just my $.02.

Bandanna Joe

Watchez Supporter
Silver Member
Dagwoodz said:
As far as seeing who should go on the ballot, I don't see how you can leave Shannon, Cliff, Jose, Buddy, Allen, Johnny Ervelino, and Jack Cooney off the list. I'm all for seeing them go on the list to be nominated.

As far as Shannon having to wait to go on the list, why should he have to wait? His accomplishments just up to now in tournaments and the back room games have already been talked about for years. From what I read, it was what the player has either accomplished, promoted or given to the game that counts, and Shannon has already done as much as many of the players mentioned. Why shouldn't he be recognized for that? Just my $.02.

To me, he should have to wait out of respect to a whole list of older players that dominated the game for years & have yet to be noticed. No doubt Shannon is an amazing player & will be in the HOF someday; however, look at all of the players and stories about them in a book such as Winning One Pocket. Are those guys not to be recognized?

Maybe there needs to be a mass retroactive induction of the older players.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I don't think a player should be entered into the hall of fame before the end of his career.

IMO there are too many other players from earlier eras who are as deserving as some of the younger players who have been inducted as of late. The youngers guys will get in simply because the voters are more familiar with them. It seems to be a popularity contest more than anything.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
OnePocket.org HOF current inductees

One Pocket Hall of Fame

* Ronnie 'Fast Eddie' Allen *
* Artie Bodendorfer *
* Jack 'Jersey Red' Breit *
* Melvin 'Strawberry' Brooks *
* Billy 'Cornbread Red' Burge *
* Marshall 'Squirrel' Carpenter *
* Steve Cook *