Ultimate Cue Tip Tool - Gone??

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know what happened to the Ultimate Cue Tip Tool that was made in Milford, IA by Advanced Pool technologies?
They have not answered any calls, faxes for a long time.

Rick

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
I am out right now but will get more

True they are no longer being manufactured.
I believe the machine or maybe the mold broke.
I do not know if they will resume production but I doubt it.
I will have more in stock soon as my supplier still has them.
I will post as soon as I pick more up.:wink:

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
this is my Uncles invention/buisness, his shop is 7 miles away from me. He has had some machine problems, and staffing problems since my brother left. We have tried to buy his buisness but, his answer has been NO for the last 2 years. Haven't talked to him in a few months, heard a rumor from our step-brother, that he may have sold the buisness? Not for sure yet. I can't even get any tools, hell, my brother and I offered to help him out and get his machines running again, and build our own, he just laughed. I got like 1000 extra "abrasive" pieces (not sand paper). I should post them for sale HUH.

Anyway, Doubt any will come out of the Milford IA, shop again, but hopefully in the near future, some will be avalible.

This is the best tool ever made, usualy the people who don't like them don't even use them right:

Here is a piece of advice:

When shaping your tips, don't push your tips down with force, let the weight of the shaft be the pressure, use the rolling motion (starting a fire with a stick) speed is up to you. Then move your shaft in a circular motion for best results.

The only reason the abrasive inserts (not sand paper) wear out is because you are using too much pressure.

If the abrasive gets clogged, take a damp (not soaking wet) cloth and whipe them out, presto, Like new.

The abrasive never wears out unless you are using pressure. Dont say your's have worn out and you never used pressure, I've had mine for 10 years and I have never replaced them. YES I DO KNOW THESE TOOLS AND HOW TO USE THEM BETTER THAN YOU, I've built them, packaged them and sold them for a long time, and I've litteraly shown thousands of people how to properly use them. Sorry for that last arogent comment, I get mad when showing people how to properly use them and they argue with me, I just say, go ahead and ruin your inserts, take a chance on damaging/grinding the hell out of your tip, and even scratching your ferrule.

P.s. the people who hate this tool because you scratched your ferrule when replacing a tip and used the side sanders/burnishers, they were made for taking out mushrooms, not for taking 1mm+ of the side of a tip, and your not holding the tool against the shaft properly anyway.

If in vegas for the BCA/VNEA/ACS/APA, hit either may brother or myself up for a lesson when we're not buisy, I'd be happy to show anyone.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
RFisher said:
I got like 1000 extra "abrasive" pieces (not sand paper). I should post them for sale HUH.
They are the already precut round adhesive inserts for the tool? PM me a price for about 20 of them.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RFisher said:
this is my Uncles invention/buisness, his shop is 7 miles away from me. He has had some machine problems, and staffing problems since my brother left. We have tried to buy his buisness but, his answer has been NO for the last 2 years. Haven't talked to him in a few months, heard a rumor from our step-brother, that he may have sold the buisness? Not for sure yet. I can't even get any tools, hell, my brother and I offered to help him out and get his machines running again, and build our own, he just laughed. I got like 1000 extra "abrasive" pieces (not sand paper). I should post them for sale HUH.

Anyway, Doubt any will come out of the Milford IA, shop again, but hopefully in the near future, some will be avalible.

This is the best tool ever made, usualy the people who don't like them don't even use them right:

Here is a piece of advice:

When shaping your tips, don't push your tips down with force, let the weight of the shaft be the pressure, use the rolling motion (starting a fire with a stick) speed is up to you. Then move your shaft in a circular motion for best results.

The only reason the abrasive inserts (not sand paper) wear out is because you are using too much pressure.

If the abrasive gets clogged, take a damp (not soaking wet) cloth and whipe them out, presto, Like new.

The abrasive never wears out unless you are using pressure. Dont say your's have worn out and you never used pressure, I've had mine for 10 years and I have never replaced them. YES I DO KNOW THESE TOOLS AND HOW TO USE THEM BETTER THAN YOU, I've built them, packaged them and sold them for a long time, and I've litteraly shown thousands of people how to properly use them. Sorry for that last arogent comment, I get mad when showing people how to properly use them and they argue with me, I just say, go ahead and ruin your inserts, take a chance on damaging/grinding the hell out of your tip, and even scratching your ferrule.

P.s. the people who hate this tool because you scratched your ferrule when replacing a tip and used the side sanders/burnishers, they were made for taking out mushrooms, not for taking 1mm+ of the side of a tip, and your not holding the tool against the shaft properly anyway.

If in vegas for the BCA/VNEA/ACS/APA, hit either may brother or myself up for a lesson when we're not buisy, I'd be happy to show anyone.

Brian, you may love them and they may work great if you know the proper way to use them but the thing is that most don't know the proper way. When I install a tip on a shaft I guarantee that tip to never come off unless it is taken off. I also tell anyone getting a tip from me that if they use the ultimate tip tool it voids the guarantee. I've had dozens of people come back to have a tip re-installed and upon asking them it has, almost on every occasion, been because of that tool. They try to use that fork option for burnishing the tip and almost always twist off the tip. It made me very happy when they quit making them.

Dick

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
rhncue said:
Brian, you may love them and they may work great if you know the proper way to use them but the thing is that most don't know the proper way. When I install a tip on a shaft I guarantee that tip to never come off unless it is taken off. I also tell anyone getting a tip from me that if they use the ultimate tip tool it voids the guarantee. I've had dozens of people come back to have a tip re-installed and upon asking them it has, almost on every occasion, been because of that tool. They try to use that fork option for burnishing the tip and almost always twist off the tip. It made me very happy when they quit making them.

Dick

I understand, I've seen people who have never seen one before buy one, and I tell them either look at the instructions on the back or I'd be happy to show them how to use it, and with an arogent scauf they walk off and throw the instructions in the garbage. And sure enough, same thing that has happened to you. It's not the tool, it's the people using it, you know that. It really bothers me when people want to rough/scuff there tips and they start "BANGING" the scuffer/teeth on there tip:mad: Not how it's used, you roll the teeth on the tip and work a patern into the leather, I've showed this to many, It's funny how many people say it takes too long to do that. Jesus Christ, $30 tip, $20 tip tool, and a .03 cent attitude. Taking 1 minute to make sure that your tip which happens to be the most important single part of the cue is properly cared for takes too long. The only piece of the whole cue that touches the cueball, and 1 minute a week is too much time to spend on your tip to make sure everything is fine, WOW, LAZY, and STUPID.

shir

Poolcrazy
Silver Member
Do you know if your uncle has ever patented the design?
Saw a very similar product this weekend called The Golden Brick...
Looks almost the same but just a lot shinier...

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RFisher said:
I understand, I've seen people who have never seen one before buy one, and I tell them either look at the instructions on the back or I'd be happy to show them how to use it, and with an arogent scauf they walk off and throw the instructions in the garbage. And sure enough, same thing that has happened to you. It's not the tool, it's the people using it, you know that. It really bothers me when people want to rough/scuff there tips and they start "BANGING" the scuffer/teeth on there tip:mad: Not how it's used, you roll the teeth on the tip and work a patern into the leather, I've showed this to many, It's funny how many people say it takes too long to do that. Jesus Christ, $30 tip, $20 tip tool, and a .03 cent attitude. Taking 1 minute to make sure that your tip which happens to be the most important single part of the cue is properly cared for takes too long. The only piece of the whole cue that touches the cueball, and 1 minute a week is too much time to spend on your tip to make sure everything is fine, WOW, LAZY, and STUPID.

You are absolutely right. It's not the tool itself but the users fault. If they would eliminate that one feature (the fork) I would have been a much happier camper. :grin:

Dick

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Unfortunately there are copies being made in Asia to fill the void. I'd be wary of anyone selling "new" ones these days.

There is a patent on it and it is patent # 5,104,122 I don't know what the patent covers nor whether it's still valid but I am sure that that if it is valid that the copies are violating it.

If the patent was not renewed then I guess it's fair game. The trademark however is not and whoever is selling copies should not use the brand name to sell their copies.

I am not a patent attorney nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. ;-)

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
JB Cases said:
Unfortunately there are copies being made in Asia to fill the void. I'd be wary of anyone selling "new" ones these days.

There is a patent on it and it is patent # 5,104,122 I don't know what the patent covers nor whether it's still valid but I am sure that that if it is valid that the copies are violating it.

If the patent was not renewed then I guess it's fair game. The trademark however is not and whoever is selling copies should not use the brand name to sell their copies.

if someone want's to post a link for the knock offs, I'd apprieciate it,

he still has the patent, Remember the tip master? it looked like the ultimate, but had rollers for the scuffer, and cost like $50, I showed it to my uncle and his attorney said just wait a year and we will act, 1 year later the tool was gone, changing it alittle, and charging alot more doesn't make it better.

The guy who was making the tool called my uncle and asked if he could buy the abrasives from my uncle to put in his tool, what a douch.

Sompin2do

Boomer Sooner
Silver Member
RFisher said:
if someone want's to post a link for the knock offs, I'd apprieciate it,

he still has the patent, Remember the tip master? it looked like the ultimate, but had rollers for the scuffer, and cost like $50, I showed it to my uncle and his attorney said just wait a year and we will act, 1 year later the tool was gone, changing it alittle, and charging alot more doesn't make it better.

The guy who was making the tool called my uncle and asked if he could buy the abrasives from my uncle to put in his tool, what a douch.

There are a few different ones on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350133094295

And

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-Cue-ti...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

And

http://cgi.ebay.com/Golden-Brick-Ul...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

And

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTI-MATE-tip-t...QQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item380097776240

Mike

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
A reputable dealer just emailed me that he has REAL ones still in stock. This dealer is known to me as someone who stocks deep so I trust that he has real Ultimate Tools in stock. He is reading this and might come forward if he wants to. Don't see why not?

BUT if anyone wants a REAL one then post your desire here or in the WTS section and I am sure you will get an offer in your PM Box.

Edit: You beat me to it Mike! :)

Sompin2do

Boomer Sooner
Silver Member
I would like a real one. Can you pass that on to the dealer that contacted you John? Thanks, Mike

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Max uses one (correctly) and its great. I can see how using one the wrong way would destroy everything on the front 6" of a cue. I agree a 3 cent attitude is the main problem, but they deserve to have problems.

I know my limitations so other than gently rolling my tip on a tapper only when its glazed over I let a cue maker fix my tips. I take my cues to SW for tip work so all you guys waiting 12 years for a cue can wait 30 minutes longer.:grin: I'm so bad at tip work its a miricle I can get chalk on one, i'm really that lame.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Mine are original NOS

JB Cases said:

John some might have the original ones still available.:rolleyes:
People No need to be wary here. I will get more original Ultimates and post when I have them.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
rackem said:
John some might have the original ones still available.:rolleyes:
People No need to be wary here. I will get more original Ultimates and post when I have them.

That's why I said be wary. When there are counterfeits/knockoffs out there then people need to know who they are dealing with and if that person is trustworthy then great.

Personally I have only seen knockoffs not counterfeits. - The knockoff becomes a counterfeit when the packaging/labeling is made to duplicate the original.

The thing is that the knockoffs may not be made to the same specs as the original, may be made with inferior materials and finishes, may damage a cue. That is why I urge caution and dealing only with people you trust on things like this.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I keep an original tool in my cue case and I use it correctly when needed. I can easily see how you could loosen your tip if you didn't know what you were doing.

James

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Gone NO. For Sale anywhere maybe. Mueller has them listed in there Catalog, but the Tools are out of production do too broken tooling. startup of production date, sometime in the future.