Brandon Crockett's Pro-AM

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Brendon Crockett's Pro-AM

I recovered Brendon's table the other day. This kid just turned 14 and his dad wanted his table recovered as a gift. He's been playing at all the big tournaments lately. He just played at the Derby City Classic. Anyway's here's some pictures.

P1010025.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
sdbilliards said:
Damn Donny...I'd say you pretty much have it down pat!!! But....I didn't see any tack strips holding the cloth down on the slate!!!:grin: Diamond has a gem of a mechanic with you, and you get ALL my recommendations buddy:D I see you stretched the cloth 2 3/4"...what happened to the 3" I showed you?:rotflmao1:

Glen

Didn't know you could use the pliers on the rails, is that a RKC method? Table looks nice but twhy don't the corners match in color? Guess you can't staple when the plywood is going that way. thanks Mike

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
TheMongoose said:
Didn't know you could use the pliers on the rails, is that a RKC method? Table looks nice but twhy don't the corners match in color? Guess you can't staple when the plywood is going that way. thanks Mike

when I was stapling the rails the bedcloth hadn't been replaced yet, thats why you saw a difference. I ripped the rail cloth off the side of the bed-cloth. The method that I use for gluing is better than the stapling methods I've seen, I use this method for all my commercial tables and high end jobs. I only put the glue on the side of the slate, only 1" strip, no glue is on top of the slate. you see how tight I pulled the cloth 2 and 3/4", I pulling with all my body wieght and might. I start swetting about half way through.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
TheMongoose said:
The major problem with stapling the bed cloth to the plywood sub-frame, is that on a Diamond Smart table, if you ever have to remove the slate to get inside the table for what ever reason...instead of just removing the rails and lifting the slate aside, you have to first remove the bed cloth, then move the slate, then RECOVER the slate when you put it back. On the ProAms, if you look you'll see the leveling wedge nuts along side the slate mounted to the plywood sub-frame, if you cover these over when stapling the bed cloth down, you can't come back and adjust the level of the slate...unless you first cut out the cloth to get to the levelers, and there's 18 of them, and if you do cut the cloth out to get to them, the cloth is not secured to the frame or slate at each one of them 18 points.

Glen

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Donny,

Perfect work! I love the pictures you post it makes all the conversation real. Keep up the great work and fantastic posts.

Jay

Donny, your work looks truly awesome. I can see how much you enjoy your work coming out perfect. Thank your friend Glen (RKC) for the new way of doing tables. He and I are going to do some work together in Atlanta soon.

I think his glue system is going to win me over as well, his French fold has giving me more work, but how nice the table looks when I'm done.

Very nice work Donny.

Mark Gregory

realkingcobra

Silver Member
TheMongoose said:
So Glen says that you should pull it to 3? thats all you measure?
You're fishing....but I like it:wink: I can assure you, my system of installing bed cloths is not something that any mechanic is going to share willingly as it sets those who know it apart from those who don't:wink: But in March I'll let the cat out of the bag so everyone can learn how to do bed cloths the same way:grin: but I assure you all, there IS a catch to learning my system, I'll explain that to everyone in March:wink:

Glen

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
perfectpocketz said:
Donny, your work looks truly awesome. I can see how much you enjoy your work coming out perfect. Thank your friend Glen (RKC) for the new way of doing tables. He and I are going to do some work together in Atlanta soon.

I think his glue system is going to win me over as well, his French fold has giving me more work, but how nice the table looks when I'm done.

Very nice work Donny.

Mark Gregory

Mark, your definitely in for a treat when you see this method for the first time. Thanks for the conversation we had on the telephone the other day, you shared alot of good stuff.