Whiteball Damaga

Do you have those „halfmoondents“ on your cueball(s)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I think people don't understand the question? I'm not sure I do either.
Chips/damage on the cue ball? Marks on the cue ball (like measles ball)? What are these dents?

Cheez Dawg

Flawed Perfectionist
Silver Member
Maybe if someone posted a pic of the damaged cueball it would make it a tad clearer.
I understand, and yes my cueball has those circular "half moon" cracks.

Mantool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read the original post awhile back. I have a measles cue ball.

I had a friend over who breaks with a phenolic tip. A few days went by when I noticed the measles had some half moon cracks. The next time he came over, I noticed more half moons. I am not sure I would have gave the half moons the attention if it hadn't been for your post.

Thanks

genesis

Salucs pain in the ass
Silver Member
NArf i busted the conclusion with this amateuer post/poll. I thought that the Link would be enaugh ;-(

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a red circle and a red "S" saluc cue ball (the one that came with the super aramith ball set). I break with a J&J jump break with the stock phenolic tip. Both cue balls are damage free.

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
There are known to be a few fake or imported copies of the measle ball.

Craig

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Ahh, now I understand the question. I have a solution too.

I think I'll start a slogan ... "Save a cue ball", forget that silly game and play some straight pool or one hole. :yes:

desmocourtney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an old set (15 yrs +or-) with a blue circle cue ball. No half moon cracks but it does show some moderate scuffs from a phenolic jump break.

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
For some reason I cant vote.

I have a measle ball that has the same damage that you are describing but my red circle cue ball does not. The measle ball is about a year old and it looks like crap so I have replaced it with a new measle ball but it has very little use on it since I like using the red circle ball better.

The break cue that I use is a J&J with a white diamond tip on it. The rest of my ball set is aramith super pros.