Reload this Page My Gracio cue
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
My Gracio cue
Old
  (#1)
cyrex
Moaalii Leathers
cyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10000

My Gracio cue - 05-06-2009, 09:46 PM

I wanted to take a minute and write a review on my new Scott Gracio cue I recently received. Since he is still a 'new' cue maker on the scene I figured there would be people out there curious to know how his cues are.

Let me start by saying he is a really nice guy to deal with. He was good with communication and something I thought was very cool was that he actually wanted to know how I play. Not just what I want in a custom cue.. but how I play. What games.. what style.. how do I USE my cue. Rep point for that!

I won't say what I paid for my cue but I will say his prices are very fair. However, I know his prices are going up soon. And rightly so.. supply and demand!

OK.. the cue Scott made for me is a wrapless cue. Maple forearm and buttsleeve with an Amboyna burl handle. Here is a link to some pics of the cue in progress:

Two almost ready

Specs are:
Butt:
*Length: 29"
*Weight: 15.3
*Butt Diameter: 1.244
*Joint Diameter: .0854
*Joint type: Flat faced 3/8x10 brass pin
Note: pin length is 1 1/4" long
*Wrap: Amboyna burl

Shaft:
*Weight: 3.6
*Tip Diameter: 12.80mm
*Ringwork: Thick Amboyna ring between brass rings

"Whatever you are, be a good one" ~Abraham Lincoln

Check out Moaalii Leathers here:
Moaalii.Com

or on Facebook:
Moaalii Leathers on Facebook

Last edited by cyrex; 06-06-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added info/pic

part 2
Old
  (#2)
cyrex
Moaalii Leathers
cyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond reputecyrex has a reputation beyond repute

part 2 - 05-06-2009, 10:01 PM

I lucked out that he had the woods I wanted in stock so my wait time wasn't bad at all. Shipping was fast and the cue was very well packed.

Pulling it out of the BLANKET... the cue is absolutely perfect. The finish is flawless and the shaft is super bright and clean. Fantastic grain in the shaft and a very nice taper also. The woods he used are highly figured and just awesome pieces. The overall design is simple and very well balanced. The brass rings really match up nicely to give the cue an overall warmth to it.

OK.... now the best part of the cue.. the hit. I could easily just say it hits good. But that would be an understatement. The cue hits GREAT! Like a very solid 1 piece cue. And not overly stiff. If the cue looked like crap I would still recommend it based on the hit alone. Really.

Thank you Scott for all your hard work and effort to satisfy a customer. I can say without hesitation that if you stick to what you're doing.. you will no doubt go on to be one of the greats.

I'll post up some updated pics soon.

Moaalii.Com

or on Facebook:

Part 3
Old
  (#3)
cyrex
Moaalii Leathers

Part 3 - 05-06-2009, 10:04 PM

Here is a link to Scott's website:

Gracio Cues

Moaalii.Com

or on Facebook:

Old
  (#4)
md5key
AzB Silver Member
md5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-08-2009, 11:25 AM

Glad you like your cue - I have a Gracio as well and I couldn't be happier with it!

Beautiful cue
Old
  (#5)
FLYINGSNAIL
Koo Cues

FLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond reputeFLYINGSNAIL has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3900
  Send a message via MSN to FLYINGSNAIL  
Thumbs up Beautiful cue - 05-08-2009, 12:08 PM

Rex,
Bring both cue by the house. I want to test hit few balls with. I have never got a chance to hit with Mr. Gracio cue before.
Kenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrex View Post
I wanted to take a minute and write a review on my new Scott Gracio cue I recently received. Since he is still a 'new' cue maker on the scene I figured there would be people out there curious to know how his cues are.

Let me start by saying he is a really nice guy to deal with. He was good with communication and something I thought was very cool was that he actually wanted to know how I play. Not just what I want in a custom cue.. but how I play. What games.. what style.. how do I USE me cue. Rep point for that!

I won't say what I paid for my cue but I will say his prices are very fair. However, I know his prices are going up soon. And rightly so.. supply and demand!

OK.. the cue Scott made for me is a wrapless cue. Maple forearm and buttsleeve with an Amboyna burl handle. Here is a link to some pics of the cue in progress:

Two almost ready

Specs are:
Butt:
*Weight: 15.3
*Butt Diameter: 1.244
*Joint Diameter: .0854
*Joint type: Flat faced 3/8x10 brass pin
Note: pin length is 1 1/4" long
*Wrap: Amboyna burl

Shaft:
*Weight: 3.6
*Tip Diameter: 12.80mm
*Ringwork: Thick Amboyna ring between brass rings

Old
  (#6)
deanoc
AzB Gold Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-08-2009, 05:42 PM

i am glad to hear the great reports,I ordered a cue fom him,and found him to be a nice guy to deal with,i had seen pretty pictures but i didn't know anyone that had one so i ordered a pretty fancy cue based on looks and gut feel.I am going to order another one now that I hear these testimonials.

Dean Campbell

Old
  (#7)
md5key
AzB Silver Member
md5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond reputemd5key has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2009, 06:06 PM

Here's the review I did for my Gracio:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=122825

It has pictures too.

Newest pics!
Old
  (#8)
cyrex
Moaalii Leathers

Newest pics! - 05-09-2009, 02:30 PM

Moaalii.Com

or on Facebook:

Last edited by cyrex; 05-09-2009 at 02:47 PM.

couple more pics
Old
  (#9)
cyrex
Moaalii Leathers

couple more pics - 05-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Moaalii.Com

or on Facebook:

Gracio
Old
  (#10)
cyrex
Moaalii Leathers

Gracio - 05-09-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by md5key View Post
Here's the review I did for my Gracio:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=122825

It has pictures too.

Zach.. awesome cue! My buddy Pat has a Gracio Titlist conversion that is similiar in design. I really like his new stuff and his traditional work as well. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Oh, and great looking website by the way!

Moaalii.Com

or on Facebook:

Old
  (#11)
yuri_b17
AzB Silver Member
yuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri_b17 has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2009, 12:34 AM

simply classy...loved the brass in the ringworks...congrats...looking forward to having my Gracio too...

Gracio
Old
  (#12)
cyrex
Moaalii Leathers

Gracio - 05-17-2009, 10:00 PM

Couple of pics with the matching JPs. Thanks again Scott!!

Moaalii.Com

or on Facebook:

Old
  (#13)
Graciocues
AzB Silver Member
Graciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond reputeGraciocues has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2009, 01:23 AM

Those look great and fast service. You should mention the JP builder.

My web:
Graciocues.com
Phone: 509-953-1219
E-mail: gcuescustoms@aol.com

Sorry not taking orders. I need to make sure I stay on schedule and I can't take any new orders.

Old
  (#14)
Jim Baxter
AzB Gold Member
Jim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

05-20-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graciocues View Post
Those look great and fast service. You should mention the JP builder.
Those look like a set my Shop Assistant did while I was out of town . Cristy does Great work. Thanks Jim..Give credit where credit is due, She did a super job.

Custom Joint Protectors for Sale

Contact info Ph. 253-226-0932 Never text me ................ Email jbaxte@earthlink.net

Last edited by Jim Baxter; 05-20-2009 at 12:18 AM.

um..
Old
  (#15)
cyrex
Moaalii Leathers

um.. - 05-20-2009, 12:28 AM

Thanks Cristy's assistant. Good job.

Moaalii.Com

or on Facebook:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: