Who Is Best Bar Box Player In Usa?

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Matlock up in Reno. No offense meant toward his game but he seemed to be pretty inconsistent. He played phenominally for a while and then missed some very easy shots and seemed to get kind of rattled. When he was shooting good, he was shooting lights out!!

Playsome

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bet what I've got in my pocket on the South Dakota Kid playing 9 ball on the box. JMOICBW, ............... Marc

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
Would be nice to get them together for a shoot out.. Maybe I can come up with something. I have another venue that has not been announced yet, we'll see if I can fit it in.

Eydie

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
United table

jhendri2 said:
Keith McCready.

Jim

If you can find an old United bar table with one of those 12Lb. cue balls I totally agree. Let these children try and push that thing around.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
My observations are not based on who PLAYS either game the best but on who I feel would win the $. Jesse in the long run against anyone playing either game. With his break, ball making ability and heart I don't think anyone can get there in the long haul. Short haul, the list is pretty long of those who could compete. Oh to be 23 years old again !!! :)

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
time_is_now said:
Who Is The Best Bar Box Players In Usa...nineball Or Eightball

I doubt he plays on them much anymore but Hopkins was one of the best although not known for it. The absolute best I ever saw was Joe Salazar, (The guy who sells cues now). When he was playing no one could stand up to him.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dogginda9 said:
Oh to be 23 years old again !!! :)

23 hell. Oh to be your age again, LOL.

I gotta agree with McGuy, Joe Salazar was all but unbeatable in the 70s but, BELIEVE ME, Keith McCready was the favorite.

LastTwo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So nobody else thinks it's Matlock? I thought this was the same board that told me he is the most feared on the small table.

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
I know ya'all think I'm prejudice, BUT........

Buddy Hall played & maybe plays THE BEST I have ever seen on a Bar Box. (IMO), You could flip a coin between Buddy Hall & David Matlock. With either size Cue Ball.

TY & GL

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
OldHasBeen said:
Buddy Hall played & maybe plays THE BEST I have ever seen on a Bar Box. (IMO), You could flip a coin between Buddy Hall & David Matlock. With either size Cue Ball.

TY & GL

Where does Vernon Elliot rate in this regard?